Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

i take back my earlier claim for coolest cave in skyrim... i was just teleported to the misty grove, that's the coolest looking cave in skyrim, it even has a table full of dinner guests to hang out with :P... actually, that was a pretty cool quest all the way around, it's just a shame that it was delayed for so long due to the conflict in markarth i had to take care of first...

those mages in the moryunskar stronghold were no joke either, probably the toughest battle in the game yet for me... they would be no match if they were in small clusters, but i ended up fighting about 5 or so of them at once... they kept using this spell that would slow my movement, giving them an easier chance to get away from my swinging instruments of death... tough adversaries...

--------------------

created my first enchanted item, i bought some underwater breathing helmet for a grand to learn it's enchantment... then i created a much much lighter substitute instead :lol:...

ringofair.jpg

wonder what i will find out there in the blue someday...

also, after clearing a mine of spiders, i got hit on by this person;

http://elderscrolls....om/wiki/Filnjar

*pukes in the forge*

i guess when you wear the amulet of mara, you get all kinds of offers... kinda makes me wanna create a gay elf for my next character just so i can further add to the stereotype of elves being gay...

Haven't played since before Christmas day due to being intoxicated and partying but can't wait to get back and do some rimming. Should have called my character Jack Churchill instead of letting my missus call him Boner.

If you've never heard of Jack Churchill scroll down to #3. The fucker was killing nazis with a bow & arrow in WW2 ffs!

If I ever create a second character he's definitely going to be a looky-likey of that mad bastard.

“Any man who goes into battle without his sword is not properly dressed.” - Jack Churchill

What a fuckin' boss.

Forsworn are easy, so are Hagravens. I tend to not do so well against Draugr deathlords and bandit chiefs since they close in with melee attacks. Then again I was wearing the Thieves Guild robes throughout most of the game so I had little to no armour.

I find every one easy now, I'm way too over powered. I started without a character in mind though, so I went with being a native Nord and I've been using Dragonbane and an enchanted Blades sword each with about 100 damage, dual wielded. That's for the people that see me anyway, my Daedric bow does most of the work. I'm loving the game but I'm bored of my character. I'm definitely going Dunmer on the next play, I might even marry Jenassa. She was my best follower by far, Jordis the Sword Maiden behind her. I love Draugr deathlords though, one of the only ones left who present a fun fight.

I've got 4 dragon priest masks now. I'll be sad once I've got them all, the priests are always good to go up against. Has anyone met Red Eagle yet? The first time I fought him he was in Priest get up, then I died later on (jumping off a mountain no less), and had to go back to fight him again and he was a measly draugr. He was killed by Jordis before I'd even noticed him amongst the skeletons I was taking out.

I haven't played properly since Christmas day. The PS3 I'm using is on it's last legs because of Skyrim I think, but I'm buying my new one on Friday.

I've killed Red Eagle. Only ever fought him as a Draugr, though. I now have all 9 Dragon Priest masks. I'm the best. Last 5 were ridiculously easy for me to get, as I can kill them in 4 hits without using Dremora. If I conjure some Dremora it takes 2 hits.

I'm pretty sick of my mage now, and after I level my enchanting I'm going to start another character. Attempting to make my destruction magic free, first. I plan to make a sword and shield warrior called Manannan, simply so when I use Storm Call I can shout "Hear the thunder roll, I AM MANANNAN!"

• Like 1

Nah, that kind of shit never made sense to me in any game and I avoid any game that does it. The game does a good enough job of limiting how much high level things you can find so for the most part you need to level up in some way to get hold of them in the first place, but I hate games that actively stop you holding a certain weapon because you haven't hit enough people with a lower level version before it.

"...you are a courier..."

a line from the opening of fallout: new vegas... skyrim should of told me i was a courier too, it would make more sense... as much as i am enjoying this game, the cave exploring is starting to get boring... i am constantly tasked with clearing out a cave of bandits, or spiders, or forsworn, or etc... and everyone is too busy to deliver something themselves... my god, how did this world function before the gods dropped me on this plot of land called skyrim?!

all joking aside, i am still gonna continue to explore... but the lag is starting to kick in when walking around whiterun... i am at level 20, 60 hours in, and the file size is at a respectable 5MB... i've put 60 hours into it in just one week... i worked harder on skyrim than i did my own job :lol:...

Elder Scrolls is always about cave exploring, however I agree I was getting a little bored of doing repetitive shit for lazy bastards. That's why I've taken to exploring on my own recently.

I won't be playing this game much for a couple of months now though. Hopefully by the end of Feb there will be some DLC to sink my teeth into.

yea, most of the map consists of caves, so it's not a stretch to think that most of your journey will consist of cave-diving... i've hit up caves i pass on my way to something, the unknown is far more exhilarating than going to cave that you've already been told what it consists of...

i am surprised i haven't found 100 locations yet, my map is littered with little icons all over the plains... not so much in the mountains yet :D...

my god, how did this world function before the gods dropped me on this plot of land called skyrim?!

I've written you a poem.

There once were adventurers,

Doing all Skyrim's deeds,

And they were quite happy

To make deliveries.

But the job's greatest hazards,

Are the arrows you see,

For every time they're launched,

They go straight for the knee.

:huh:

fucking beautiful man...

*wipes a tear away*

i'll ask a flute player to sing the song of massacre next time i am in a bar...

-------------

i've recruited the help of mjoll the lioness after retrieving her weapon in a rather lengthy drarven ruin... man were those dwarf folk ahead of their time?? their architecture sorta resembles the industrial age... but their empire seems to be largely extinct... lots of ruins, but no dwarfs running around either... i got to use my newly minted ring as well, i found a few underwater rooms in the ruins with loot...

mjoll is a worthy companion out there... i really don't think she can die as i had a rough go through "treva's watch" where she dropped down to a knee in almost rapid succession and never fell despite the battle surrounding her... i think i found a flawless follower, and i've got some good equipment i can give her... she sounds like my character's right kind of spouse as well, they seem to have a lot in common :lol:... adventurous, fighting for a good cause, and with brute force...

i've been playing almost non-stop since christmas and i haven't even touched the main quest yet... i was prepared for the time sacrifice i was about to take on, i would advise you to do the same... although, you whipped right through fallout 3's main story in 8 hours so perhaps you could beat this in maybe 25 hours... however, there's hundreds of extra hours of exploring out there, that's what i've been occupying my time with...

play new vegas before you play skyrim, but do make time for skyrim :D... it's probably bigger than both fallout's combined...

EDIT: now i know why i stuggled a little bit in spots of "treva's watch"... i had my "ring of air" still equipped instead of the major knight ring... no wonder my health stayed lower than i wanted it to while fighting the bandits... lol, gotta remember what you're wearing at all times :D...

WTF? I've only put 9 hours into my level 10 Khajiit archer thief, and the file size is already 6mb. I haven't even been to whiterun yet! My Redguard warrior took twice that time to get to that size.

You know you've been playing too much Skyrim when a bird flies over you outside, and you go "oh shit, dragon!". Actually, that happens in Skyrim, too.

My game is at 10 mb now and i have 45+ hours gameplay and im level 23. Im trying to do the main quests now as i want them out the way.

How do u do the spoiler tag i cant remember, i have a question but dont wanna ruin it for everyone.

My game is at 10 mb now and i have 45+ hours gameplay and im level 23. Im trying to do the main quests now as i want them out the way.

How do u do the spoiler tag i cant remember, i have a question but dont wanna ruin it for everyone.

i was thinking of going back to the main quest again... i am getting ready to push into the north, now would be a good time to do a couple more main quests before i venture off into the wilderness again...

also, put the word spoiler inbetween brackets... then to end the spoiler, do the same except put a / before the word spoiler... does that help?? lol...

-----------------

well, i married mjoll... i don't know if this is true with all followers, but i equipped her with better armor before i sent her home... we raided a cave together for our honeymoon :P and afterwards i sent her home so i could do some stuff in whiterun... i come back to riften after a day or so and she's opened her shop (just a dialog option, no actual shop unfortunately)... what she's selling is her old armor!! so i buy it, then recruit her, take my armor back, and there she is standing there in her underwear!! :D...

now when i give her armor though, it registers as carried weight... but i hardly ever use my followers as pack mules in skyrim... plus, i was gonna have her wear the dwarven armor anyways, but now i can dress her up however i want, or not dress her at all :lol:... i wonder if it's possible to do that with any spouse that you can recruit for adventures?? they all open up stores... give them better armor, fire them, then check out their store...

i've been playing almost non-stop since christmas and i haven't even touched the main quest yet... i was prepared for the time sacrifice i was about to take on, i would advise you to do the same... although, you whipped right through fallout 3's main story in 8 hours so perhaps you could beat this in maybe 25 hours... however, there's hundreds of extra hours of exploring out there, that's what i've been occupying my time with...

play new vegas before you play skyrim, but do make time for skyrim :D... it's probably bigger than both fallout's combined...

EDIT: now i know why i stuggled a little bit in spots of "treva's watch"... i had my "ring of air" still equipped instead of the major knight ring... no wonder my health stayed lower than i wanted it to while fighting the bandits... lol, gotta remember what you're wearing at all times :D...

I have 3 quests left to do (only one I absolutely postiviely cannot do Is children of the atom) and I'm about 32/33 hours in. Still have barely scratched the surface of fallout, IMO.

only look at this if u have completed the peace council main quest

so i had the meeting around the table and at the end dalphine (sp?) Said i had to kill paaronax (the good dragon) which annoyed me, i like him. So i tried to pick pocket her to get back at her, then she got pissed and killed me, it went back to the previous save and she didnt say it to me this time. So have you guys had to kill paaronax or was it a one off? She said he would betray us

Thanks bones for telling me how to do spoiler.

only look at this if u have completed the peace council main quest

so i had the meeting around the table and at the end dalphine (sp?) Said i had to kill paaronax (the good dragon) which annoyed me, i like him. So i tried to pick pocket her to get back at her, then she got pissed and killed me, it went back to the previous save and she didnt say it to me this time. So have you guys had to kill paaronax or was it a one off? She said he would betray us

Thanks bones for telling me how to do spoiler.

It's up to you. Story spoiler ahead.

If you kill him: the Blades will talk to you in the temple but the Greybeards won't, meaning you can't get dragon shout locations from Arngeir.

If you don't kill him: the opposite happens.

He's useful for some things. But what I plan to do is when I've taken all the info I can get from the Greybeards (I think I have now) I will kill him and then see what the Blades have to say.

the richer colors make it a little darker... i've already had to turn the brightness up on this game... i can't game in dark environments... i like that the greens and blues and reds stand out more, but how does that apply in a cave?? it would make it almost pitch black... the blue might be too much...

maybe if i could brighten it up even more i'd like it... it does take care of the drab gray and brown you see in most games these days...

This is a nice Mod. Makes the environments look rich and interesting.

I was on board at first, - the browns and greens look great - but the blue is too heavy. Looks ridiculous at night, to be honest.