Qdeathstar

What are you looking for in GTA5?

Tons of people who saw the leaked gameplay videos, said that the damage was dumbed down, cars don't take much damage at highspeed crashs.

I'm not gonna watch these, but I think they just overreacted, it's like people on the internet always need something to complain about.

Tons of people who saw the leaked gameplay videos, said that the damage was dumbed down, cars don't take much damage at highspeed crashs.

I'm not gonna watch these, but I think they just overreacted, it's like people on the internet always need something to complain about.

i've seen 3 of these videos, the one they refer to i don't think he was going that fast, plus he may have taken advantage of the armor mod in the custom shops on the car.

tbh i think the driving will be different and take abit of getting used to but i don't think its going to be aweful.

they have said it changed depending on the car, i.e. outrunning the cops in a cheetah over a dirt road isn't going to go well, but with handling upgrades open for every car in the game handling can be adapted to you driving preference atleast alittle bit.

My temptation was too strong and I gave in and watched a few as well.. regarding the driving mechanics; it reminded me a lot of midnight club, which has been said in previews already, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.. But hearing or reading about it is one thing, and seeing it is another..

Midnight Club LA's driving sucks imo, it's way too arcade for my taste. Each to their own.

The previews always talked about car customization like MC:LA, not the driving, right?

I've been criticising GTA IV's handling a lot, but it only needed some suspension tweaks, not a stick to the ground like glue behaviour.

• Like 1

I watched one of the vids and...

SPOILER WARNING!

I saw a car that was travelling at a medium rate of high speed crash right into a brick wall, only to bounce off it with minimal damage to the front of the car ( and the hood coming up ).

Also the Hand-to-Hand combat was barely improved, with glitches like Franklin's character model punching right through the NPC he was attacking ( as if he wasn't even there ).

Overall I wasn't very impressed, although it looked like the video was setup to have a negative influence on your opinion ( I.E. only showing glitches, and the sub-par damage system for the vehicles ).

• Like 1

Ive waited years for this game to be released, no way in hell am I gonna ruin my experience by watching some dumb ass leaks 4 days before hand, R* give limited info for a reason, its to hype you up so the game can be enjoyed and appreciated more when you get it... All to their own I suppose

SPOILER WARNING

Yeah I saw the same thing in the video I watched ( at the end ).

It's kind of sad that you can't bump into NPC's and make them fall over anymore. :(

Idk what y'all saw but I saw a video of a npc walking across the street and the guy ran into him and the npc toppled over top of the car like in gta IV

I'm not sure if this has been asked it answred, but when you switch characters and you zoom and land on one will they keep going about their lives or will they just stop and stand there. I've had the worst week of my life so I havent been up to date on the latest. Anyhoo, I'd like it if they just kept going until you pushed a button, Is just sit there and watch for hours.

@fryman That would be pretty cool. Otherwise you really won't see much of what they're doing. Also R* may have already elaborated on this, I've been staying clear of most info for the past couple days.

I reckon they'll do what they were doing for a couple of seconds so you can orient yourself before reverting back to user control. ie. you flick to Trevor in that chase scene, the car continues to drive along the road and then a couple of seconds later, the control reverts to you and you either keep driving or the car slows down and maintains it's momentum because you're not accelerating or steering.

To answer talks questions about Trevor, Michael, and Franklin going about their life's when were not using them. They do go about their life at all times. Like in the gameplay trailer when it goes from Michael to Trevor evading the cops that's just Trevor getting into trouble. Also when it switched to Franklin leaving the weed shop. So you could also be playing Trevor and go and find Michael playing golf or chilling at his pool then he decodes to go on a drive.

We know that, but when you switch to them will they just stop in place, or keep going about their lives until you move the joystick ect. Ect.?