By population yes, but by area no.

Thanks, some sites say, "NY is slightly bigger with a bigger population" and "LA is bigger than NY" and so on.

I knew that LA was bigger because I come from a place in Australia which is very sprawl-like and hence compared to LA but I was surprised by what I found when I went looking for info to back it up. Apparently, for cities with a population greater than one million people, the largest cities by land area are (in order) Houston, Phoenix, LA (468 sq. miles), San Antonio, Dallas, San Diego, NYC (302 sq. miles).

There's my education for the day.

The thing about the LA area is that there are a lot of cities around it that are clumped in with LA but are technically their own city. So LA may be 500 sq miles but then it just melds into other big cities surrounding it. New York is very dense and doesn't sprawl out as much as LA does. I can believe Huston has a larger area because unlike LA it is the only real city in the intimidate area. All of the suburban areas around it belong to Huston while in LA most of the suburban areas are actually their own towns. My point is that So-Cal is like one big city and LA is only a part of it

Yeah.... The urban area in So Cal extends from LA to San Fransisco with maybe an hour of hills in between.

....what....I hope you mean San Diego.

Thanks, some sites say, "NY is slightly bigger with a bigger population" and "LA is bigger than NY" and so on.

I knew that LA was bigger because I come from a place in Australia which is very sprawl-like and hence compared to LA but I was surprised by what I found when I went looking for info to back it up. Apparently, for cities with a population greater than one million people, the largest cities by land area are (in order) Houston, Phoenix, LA (468 sq. miles), San Antonio, Dallas, San Diego, NYC (302 sq. miles).

The thing about the LA area is that there are a lot of cities around it that are clumped in with LA but are technically their own city. So LA may be 500 sq miles but then it just melds into other big cities surrounding it. New York is very dense and doesn't sprawl out as much as LA does. I can believe Huston has a larger area because unlike LA it is the only real city in the intimidate area. All of the suburban areas around it belong to Huston while in LA most of the suburban areas are actually their own towns. My point is that So-Cal is like one big city and LA is only a part of it

Yeah.... The urban area in So Cal extends from LA to San Fransisco with maybe an hour of hills in between.

Shit, lol thanks for correcting me. I meant SD

• Like 1

Add me to the roster; born and raised in Ohio until I made my escape to the Sunshine State.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you're making a good recovery in Florida.

Yep. rm80rams is one of us.

Add me to the roster; born and raised in Ohio until I made my escape to the Sunshine State.

Is it bad I read this to the tune of Fresh Prince of Bel Air?

• Like 2

Against the typical opinion, I've been to FLA, and it sucks. It's a bunch of Cuban and Mexican criminals, washed up crackheads and retired Ohioans with a ton of money at least in the Southern part.

Regarding the first two items you listed, there is absolutely nothing wrong with those. Well, in comparison to the latter, that is.

Against the typical opinion, I've been to FLA, and it sucks. It's a bunch of Cuban and Mexican criminals, washed up crackheads and retired Ohioans with a ton of money at least in the Southern part.

Ah, but which am I?

(Hint: All 3)

• Like 1

Cuban and Mexican criminals fall into the same category, no error was made.

Now, that's enough about Ohio, everyone knows how shitty it is there. Back on topic.

• Like 1

That isnt to say that so-cal doesnt have it's wilderness. there are a lot of pathches of nothing as well.

That one photo of the yello car and the helocoptor really reminds me of cali.

That isnt to say that so-cal doesnt have it's wilderness. there are a lot of pathches of nothing as well.

Oh I know, I've been to the great state although I only really remember desert. I used to live in Arizona, right next door.

I was just correcting him on his geography.

Yeah, there is defiantly wilderness between LA and SF LOL.

I am not surprised that you mainly remember the deserts. San Bernardino County s almost all desert. I prefer Arizona desert to California desert any day.

So you went fro Arizona to Alabama? talk about night and day, whats that like?

I stole someone else's idea to see what the satellite view of my map would look like. The placement of the desert and everything else isn't accurate. It's just to get an idea as to what it would look like.

tYdgbhz.jpg

• Like 1