dont forget, there are also interior models also, and with the addition of the underwater models, the overall landmass would seem smaller then youd think, even though its going to be larger. So find out how much interior models would be in SA, RDR, and GTA4, then add that to puddings estimates(wich are pretty dead on), then youd get a more reasonable estimate, with the size of underater models to be determined.

30mi^2 was just a realistic guess on what it might be. Wasn't really trying to be accurate with interior space and whatnot. And 129km/h is 80mph, QD.

Anyway, I drove a Cheetah from the bit of highway on the west side of the Los Santos Inlet to the "Ghost Truck" just north of Verdant Meadows in exactly 4:30. Bear in mind, though that that drive didn't include any city driving, just highways and mostly straight rural roads. So straight in fact, that I think I'm going to try again from east to west from Mt. Chilliad to Los Santos for a more real-world scenario. I'm really interested in finding out how big the map is from a gameplay standpoint rather than physical size.

dont forget, there are also interior models also, and with the addition of the underwater models, the overall landmass would seem smaller then youd think, even though its going to be larger. So find out how much interior models would be in SA, RDR, and GTA4, then add that to puddings estimates(wich are pretty dead on), then youd get a more reasonable estimate, with the size of underater models to be determined.

but didnt they say the city was the size of gta4 and the countryside (n stuff) was the size of rdr? or was that just a rumor i heard previous?

RDR is the same size as GTA IV? That doesn't sound right.

*googles it*

. . .

gta-v-concept-map.png

Niggah please.

That's probably not %100 accurate but I think it's obvious RDR's map is not the same size as GTAIV's LC, and it's definitly not smaller.

EDIT: After more research it seems like no one has a clue on how big RDR's map is. I've seen alot of numbers, some stupid, others reasonable, but there is no one answer apparently.

Has R* released any statements on RDR's map size in the past? *cough*$3.50*cough*

whats up with the Airport in Dukes? it doesnt look like that in the real game

Yeah that LC map has a bunch of differences.

i think they used a fake LC map.

I think that rockstar included interiors in there size estimate...

i didnt say they didnt, im saying the other people here are not taking in consideration if the interiors of the games they are comparing. This also counts for map space, because the other buildings are just hollow, so the amount of space a 3 story structure would take up floor space wise would also count as "land" in the game, just because it takes up space, that withought walls, could be similar to just flat out land. think of all of the floor space in the buildings in RDR. Then lay all the floors out, and that would make up a fairly large peice of the map. . it wouldnt seem like not alot to some people , but look at how large some of the interiors were for Gta SA, and RDR, they all had fairly big interiors. so im just saying they need to find out how much floor space the interiors take up, then add that onto the other size estimates with just the land

meanwhile in SA it takes almost 5 minutes in real time just to get from the LS to the big Mountain while using a car.

Man you drive slow!

It would take me no more than 2 minutes flat to get from LS to Mt Chilliad. :scooter:

good for you. It probably depends on how you drive it. taking that coastal road to the base of the mountain could easily take a few minutes.

meanwhile in SA it takes almost 5 minutes in real time just to get from the LS to the big Mountain while using a car.

Man you drive slow!

It would take me no more than 2 minutes flat to get from LS to Mt Chilliad. :scooter:

thats nothing, i can get from grove street to mt chilliad in under a minute (flying cars lol)

• Like 1

RDR is the same size as GTA IV? That doesn't sound right.

*googles it*

. . .

gta-v-concept-map.png

Niggah please.

That's probably not %100 accurate but I think it's obvious RDR's map is not the same size as GTAIV's LC, and it's definitly not smaller.

EDIT: After more research it seems like no one has a clue on how big RDR's map is. I've seen alot of numbers, some stupid, others reasonable, but there is no one answer apparently.

Has R* released any statements on RDR's map size in the past? *cough*$3.50*cough*

whats up with the Airport in Dukes? it doesnt look like that in the real game

i think its the china town version of liberty city, but with the third island added

well then, thats way different

You're right I believe I found it how ever. Is a mod for GTA III don't think they ever finished it tho, because apart form the map it self there is little trace of it on the internet. The only think I could find was this youtube video.

That is the single most awful guess at an airport configuration I have ever seen. Whoever made that guess get great shame.

I should add that that is also the only guess at an airport configuration I've ever seen.

I've been thinking about this quote:

Rockstar says the map is 3.5 times bigger than Red Dead Redemption -- 5 times bigger if you include topography, as representatives kept talking about be depths of the ocean.

If you don't include the ocean floor, GTA V is 3.5 times RDR. The playable area of RDR is about 5.5 square miles, so the land area of GTA V would be less than 20 square miles.

WEUKEGQ.jpg

That would also mean that when they say it's bigger than SA, IV, and RDR combined, they're including the ocean floor off the coast. I'm not complaining since it's still a pretty big area, but it might not be as big as they're making it seem.