Qdeathstar

Random Thot Thread

that potshot playlist is certainly a nice and easy way to make some quick cash... made over $200K in a casual couple of hours... had i actually been grinding i might of gotten at least $250-300K... me and otiz were doing it completely wrong, i didn't know you could just wait for the van to leave... he's a easy kill once he makes that turn past the bridge... i never get hit by any stray bullets, and there's no pursuers... me an otiz went thru a lot of ordinance trying to beat this mission a few days ago...

it's so easy it could be done with just a pistol... but i recommend a AR for the driver just to be sure ;)...

• Like 2

super easy, takes 4 minutes tops to complete... no hassle... occasionally the driver eludes your gunfire but he's an easy chase and dies very easy most of the time... one time i hit him a dozen times and just kept going... but yea...

park your ride near the two guarding the bridge... shoot 'em then hang back waiting for the van to leave... it takes about a minute to make it to the bridge... once it clears the bridge take him out, you shouldn't get the attention of the guys at the farm either...

i'm gonna grind the fuck out of this playlist on my 2nd account...

It takes three bullets (two fence guards + van driver) and a drive to Trevor's. Boom. Rinse, repeat. Did it for a bit last night, easy way to make cash.

and the fact that it's easy to do solo makes it perfect for when nothing is going on, which at this current point, i am burnt out on races and captures and shit... i'm probably going to avoid most playlists this week, so i'll probably be doing this a lot...

• Like 1

I was trying to do some Trevor missions solo last night, and some of them are just too hard - you need at least one other person to cover your back. It's a waste of time to keep failing missions over and over, so I just moved on.

• Like 1

Registering myself as an Official Potshot Solo-Grind Bandwagon Member. I can't emphasize enough how easy this mission is, even for someone with no appreciable combat skills (Hey, that's me!)

I was wasting time before, driving up the hillside to snipe the baddies; driving right up to the front gate is way easier and no more dangerous.

bOnEs is spot-on, should be able to net over $100k/hour. Ammo costs are negligible. RP is nothing special, but that's what other missions are for!

Enjoy this one before Rockstar "fixes" it, folks.

----

Another thought - is there any advantage/disadvantage to grinding this one solo instead of with a pal or two? Any impact on payout/RP? If we're all occupying the same real estate on the map anyway, maybe I should poke my head outta my shell...

• Like 1

The best time to shoot the driver is after he leaves the bridge and makes the left turn. He stalls for a full second in the latter half of the turn, practically begging for a bullet in the face. If your car is parked across the road (I parked two car lengths from the bridge), worst case scenario is that you miss a couple times and he manages to scratch your car before he dies.

i wait until after the bridge to avoid that deadly deadly enemy in the base that kills me in 1 to 2 shots... and even if i miss him, he's an easy chase... but yea, it's easy to catch him after he makes the turn after the bridge... there's plenty of time to line up the shot... a lot of times it stops right in front of me, lol :lol:...

I just park my car, blocking the bridge just in case I miss, then stand behind the car and shoot the driver when he approaches... gives me time to pop the prick shooting at me from the house as well...

Anyway, I've ground myself to a halt... $3m + a Buzzard over the last couple of weeks with nothing I consider worth spending it on and I can't even give it away... I will pop in for the latest DLC's but for now it's back to the Wastes...

• Like 2

I played 'the Los Santos connection' mission from Madrazo for the first time today and my God it was epic. Would love to play it again with friends rather than the idiotic randoms I played with. My only problem with this (and most GTAO missions) is the crappy payout.

There were six of us in the mission playing on hard, and some asshole died and used up the only team life (or maybe he died twice, didn't really notice how many team lives we got.) at the first Vagos stop where we got the coke. Next there was the fuel depot and everyone was still alive when we got there, but that's when the shit hit the fan. Initially we were fine and managed to fight our way towards the laptop to hack it, but after one guy managed to get the info from the laptop and backup showed up. Everyone except me and one other guy who drove straight to the airport were alive. I got there to find the last guy sniping at the smugglers from a distance and got up close to take them on.

They had a fucking army in that hangar, but we had managed to get all the guys inside except for the two on the elevated platform guarding the last of the coke. I had avoided getting to the Buzzard because I knew I'd get shot before I got to it or while I was shooting at the guys in the hangar, but the sniping dude went for it after we had thinned out the ranks of the enemies. Still though the last two managed to kill him while he was flying above the runway. I killed the last two guys only to see several cars headed my way with air support from another Buzzard. Managed to get to cover and killed some of them while blowing up all their vehicles with sticky bombs.

I thought the mission was over, but next I had to go after the kingpin who was fleeing in a Shamal! He flew away as I had to deal with what was left of his men AND their fucking Buzzard. After I sniped the Buzzard's pilot, I made my way towards the first Buzzard that the last guy I was playing with tried to use. It was badly damaged and I was sure there was no saving this mission since either my chopper would crash, or the kingpin would get away.

Caught up to the bastard as he was flying above Raton Canyon and as soon as he was in range of my missiles I shot the son of a bitch down. All I had to do now was to get to Madrazzo's. The helicopter went down just a outside of his house and I walked the rest of the way.

I loved that mission, but all that work for a measly 13k? I know everyone bitches about the crap payout, but it really is a justified complaint. With all the money spent on ammo and new guns and weapon upgrades as I level up, I'm burning more money than I'm making.

• Like 3

yea, that's what sucks about missions like that... of all the missions in GTAO, los santos connection should pay the most... it's the most work, it takes a lot of firepower and time... yet, it's a middle of the road higher end mission... same with ones like extraction or high priority case... those are missions that are vastly underpaid...

that's my biggest gripe... they decide to make rooftop rumble harder instead of nerfing its pay, i just don't understand why that was chosen as the highest paying madrazo mission... it should be a middle of the road one, like where los santos connection is... more work, more pay IMO...

• Like 2

Pretty sure I've got that one down on my own, but it takes a hell of a long time for the pay out...

The first area is easy... once you get to the next area,kill all enemies in the area of the laptop and hack it... wait by the laptop for 3 or 4 cars of dudes to turn up and destroy them (not necessary but will save you getting chased to the airport)...

Make sure you blow up the plane before you take on the warehouse of dudes which will save you a plane chase and possibly losing the guy....

If you are on tonight (my time), we can give it a bash if you like....

• Like 1

I don't get rooftop rumble at all. First; huge payout for little work, it doesn't unlock until level 70 something, and finally there isn't even a rumbling on any rooftops!

The name is switched with High Priority Case.

• Like 1

They probably wouldn't want to deal with the backlash that would come with inflicting 30 seconds of confusion on the Rooftop Rumble-grinding kiddies. The little ones don't read patch notes. I'm shocked the little retards can even figure out how Twitter works. I guess complaining means that much to them.

• Like 1