Sign in to follow this  
iRezzolution

Car Insurance

How do I insure my car? I read all about being able too from Rockstar, pre-release, they said you could do it online, but they said anything you can do online you can do in story mode, saying if your car gets destroyed you can just phone up and it'll get repaired and you'll be delivered another one, well I can't figure out how, and it's making the whole car customization thing pretty redundent for me, because the same thing happens like in the other GTA's, you get a nice car, in this case spend loads of money decking it out to your requirements (Still haven't figured out how to "fine tune" your car like Rockstar said you could) and then it just ends up gathering dust in my garage never being used because I'm too paranoid that I'm going to lose it or destroy it, so how's it done? I surfed the in-game web and couldn't find anything.

I don't know why R* did that =\ they should know by now that if you find a rare car, or spend over a million dollars on one, then modding it costing thousands and thousands, that you're going to want to keep it, not just "Oh lol there goes my multi-million pound extremely rare custom car, oh well, I'll just steal this Ragina instead" - I hope they add a feature in a patch where you can change the characters own special vehicles/aircraft to the ones you bought at least.

• Like 1

I don't know why R* did that =\ they should know by now that if you find a rare car, or spend over a million dollars on one, then modding it costing thousands and thousands, that you're going to want to keep it, not just "Oh lol there goes my multi-million pound extremely rare custom car, oh well, I'll just steal this Ragina instead"

If you join Rockstar Social Club, you get a garage that holds about 4 cars, they don't dissapear from there.

The impound lot only applies to vehicles that were legitimately purchased, correct?

You'd think, but it doesn't seem to hold any logic to what car it stores, it seems to just be a gamble whether or not your car (Whether modded, bought, stolen or what not) will actually be stored - I'm not sure what actually makes the car highlighted for impounding if it's lost

icon11.gif

i think the impound is supposed to store the 2 last cars you were driving. maybe sure after you lose your modded car you dont jump into to many more. make take a taxi to the impound

I don't know why R* did that =\ they should know by now that if you find a rare car, or spend over a million dollars on one, then modding it costing thousands and thousands, that you're going to want to keep it, not just "Oh lol there goes my multi-million pound extremely rare custom car, oh well, I'll just steal this Ragina instead"
If you join Rockstar Social Club, you get a garage that holds about 4 cars, they don't dissapear from there.

Once you pull a car out of there it doesn't return.

The impound lot only applies to vehicles that were legitimately purchased, correct?

Is that what the garage is called? In my game Franklin has "The Grove Garage", I have 4 cars in it that were boosted because I liked the look of 'em. They are there anytime I go to that garage and don't dissapear. Micheal has a garage too, don't remember the name of it, and when I get to play Trevour, I'm sure he will also have a garage. The Police impound has nothing to do with it.

Is that what the garage is called? In my game Franklin has "The Grove Garage", I have 4 cars in it that were boosted because I liked the look of 'em. They are there anytime I go to that garage and don't dissapear. Micheal has a garage too, don't remember the name of it, and when I get to play Trevour, I'm sure he will also have a garage. The Police impound has nothing to do with it.

I believe Michael's garage is called Vinewood Hills

Tl;dr. Would you guys recommend pimping the shit out of a car, or not? I don't want it to be like SA where I did that, but I never drove it in fear of loosing it.

If you're worried about losing them, then no, at the moment the way you deal with cars you want to keep is pretty much the same as SA, unfortunately.

Tl;dr. Would you guys recommend pimping the shit out of a car, or not? I don't want it to be like SA where I did that, but I never drove it in fear of loosing it.

I have just bombed Trevors Bohdi and Franklins Buffalo. Just because I know they will always be there and not vanish as some people have noted.