Massacre

General Hints/Tips Discussion

Is there anyway to swap the cars around in the garage to different places? I want them in size order so I can actually see the smaller cars that are currently being hidden by the bigger ones.

GTA Online, or Single Player Campaign?

If you are asking about the R* garages on single player, just drive the vehicles out of the garage one at a time.

Drive them back in, to the order you desire. That sorts them out for me anyway.

Online, I figured it out though now, I just filled the garage with "place-holder" vehicles, then when I drove in a vehicle to keep, I just choose which car to replace by choosing the car that was in the space where I wanted the new one.

Anyone have tips or tricks to success in winning Golf: Michael against NPC Castro?

I need to pass a golf game for the 100% so any help is appreciated.

The friend golf game doesn't count it has to be with a NPC like Rae in Tennis did.

Can anyone give me some advice and tips on guide-free collectible hunting (Synch, where are you?). I have always used guides for the collectibles in past GTA games but I want to make the extra effort to find them myself if that is possible.

Also how many different types are there? I am aware of two so far.... And how many are underwater?

Just to show how useless I am, I have played around 40 odd hours and found 2 so far. Actually, I am wondering where that time went because I still have 40 odd missions to complete... :huh:

Thanks in advance

Hey, Ging - Thanks for the props.

I'm sure by now based on the date of your original post that you've already found out about all of these.

If you still need help let me know, I located all the collectibles. 3 types hidden, 2 types mapped out during certain side missions.

They are easier to find than the secrets of Golfing....

5 types I found so far:

50/50 Letter Scraps, hidden, relatively easy to find including popular tourist monuments.

50/50 Spaceship parts, hidden, less easy to find but if you explore you'll find most. Yes they hum when you are near them.

30/30 Nuke pieces, mapped out during missions.

30/30 Sub pieces, mapped out during missions.

10/10 Epsilon Tracts, not required for 100%, but VERY WELL hidden. These truly suck.

Thanks Synch but I have found everything now - this is the first GTA I have 100% in!! And largely without guides... I knew you turn these maps inside out so was just after some general hints on how to do that - I would get easily distracted....

The aural clues for the letters and spaceship parts were invaluable so I really only used guides for stunt jumps (cheers bOnEs) and knife flights and yes the Epsilon tracts were really sucky...

• Like 1

Thanks Synch but I have found everything now - this is the first GTA I have 100% in!! And largely without guides... I knew you turn these maps inside out so was just after some general hints on how to do that - I would get easily distracted....

The aural clues for the letters and spaceship parts were invaluable so I really only used guides for stunt jumps (cheers bOnEs) and knife flights and yes the Epsilon tracts were really sucky...

Ok cool, and congratulations!

Now how about the golf? Got any 100% club tips to help me pass?

Do stolen planes have unlimited respawns in hangars?

I'm too lazy to try it out with the fighter jet, I don't want to lose it.

They do. Feel free to be as careless as you'd like.

Do stolen planes have unlimited respawns in hangars?

I'm too lazy to try it out with the fighter jet, I don't want to lose it.

They do. Feel free to be as careless as you'd like.

Although my brother last night playing as Trevor had a fighter jet in his hangar. He had just bought the Rhino and switched the jet to the tank but when he came back, he couldn't access the jet. But then I think his game is screwed because he couldn't buy the helipad or dock jetty as Michael or Franklin either......

What sort of tips do you need?

I keep experimenting with clubs and distance arrows, but the main thing is I don't know golf.

I actually do better just using the default clubs, but I am really just trying to knock the ball in the hole.

Can't even come close to beating that Castro guy.

Can you get the requirement by "not checking the box" and accepting to play Castro?

I think you only see him when you check the box, but it is hard skill level on my game.

There is no one else to have as an opponent, no where else to golf except that course by Michael's house.

I tried playing Franklin but that only counts as the friend / pastimes.

Edit: Now I see your comment on my update, that's awesome news.

One more thing to try, playing by myself and getting under "par".

Although my brother last night playing as Trevor had a fighter jet in his hangar. He had just bought the Rhino and switched the jet to the tank but when he came back, he couldn't access the jet. But then I think his game is screwed because he couldn't buy the helipad or dock jetty as Michael or Franklin either......

If you switch your stored vehicle to another, you'll lose the previously stored vehicle. On the bright side, your brother can terrorize the denizens of San Andreas even more effectively now.

@ Synch

Here's my basic guide to golf... by no means definitive but it should get you past it...

When playing a shot, you only need to flick the left stick down to start the back swing. You don't need to hold it down. The flick forward should be firm and straight up.

Learn to use spin and shot correction. After you play your shot, you can control the ball slightly in the air and then use spin once it lands for better accuracy by tapping A (Xbox) and moving the left stick. If you think your shot is going too far, pull the stick down and tap like a mofo which helps stop the ball overshooting or push forward if you are falling short. Topspin will give you an extra 20 odd yards when driving as well.

The wind is the only variable that you have to worry about. A wind speed of +5 or +6 is going to fuck with your shit so you have to compensate quite a lot. You will get used to the angles required.

When you are able to hit the green using a 5I or higher, use an Approach shot and aim the marker 15-20 yards before the hole. Adjust for the wind and use spin to get the ball to spin towards the hole or stop the shot.

With some exceptions, you should only need 2 putts maximum per hole. For the first putt, play the shot exactly as the game gives you, unless there is a very obvious slope. But then you don't need to compensate too much. When taking the shot, err on the side of caution and play the shot at the top of the yellow shot marker, unless it's very obviously uphill. I have missed tons of putts by hitting it slightly too hard or even right in the middle of the yellow box. The second shot should be close enough to putt easily.

You can use the Driver on every hole except Hole 3. There is one hole that starts you with a 7I but use the driver and aim through the left side of trees. Hold the targeting button down and move the left stick until you can see the end of the pointer, and not just trees.

For all drives, use the Power shot type except on Hole 6, which is a par 3. Use Normal and backspin to stop the ball on the green.

Hopefully that helps...

If you haven't already done it...

• Like 2

Ahh, I see. I must have completely missed that. Wish they would get rid of the helicopter crash in Paleto Bay. at least the fire, anyway.

Actually the original statue mirrored a real one on Venice beach

IMG_8733.JPG

Not sure if they have changed the real statue and R* are reflecting this but It does seem interesting.