DuPz0r

What could their bold new direction be?

Im really scared on what they mean by "bold new direction". I'm scared that im not gonna like it but then i think "it's rockstar, everything they have done I liked".

Maybe just the voice of the person from trailer 1 isn't the protag? I don't know could be a more realistic feel to it such as brushing teeth.

I've spent a bit of time pondering this... My thoughts are two protagonists or two different time periods.

As mentioned by others I think two different time periods could be seriously expensive to produce which is a shame as it would be epic...

Two different protagonists could be possible. Either having the ability to play the same story line as one character then replay the same story as the other would be interesting... Remember the small bringing together from GTA4, TBOGT and TLAD for one mission? Either that or having the ability to swap characters throughout the story, or jump from character to character for separate missions depending on how R* have laid it out.

I'm really hoping it's not going to force multiplayer to get 100%. I use gaming as a little time to escape the world around me... Having to bring the real world back in would not be what I'm after.

It could be that in the beginning you can choose your protagonist

Then they would have to make up a story for each one, or have all the characters so similar that they can fit the same story, which would not be a good idea. It's better to have one in depth character you can connect with. But if there has to be multiple protagonists, their stories should intertwine like GTA IV and it's DLCs.

A bold new direction in open world freedom: no restricted areas, bigger map. In multiplayer: new crew system and ranking system, possibly another few game modes and a new way to navigate them. In story-telling and mission based gameplay: This is the toughest one, but i was thinking maybe the game would be based on tv shows due to the depiction of the artworks. And the story might be partially narrated, like how they did in max payne 3, maybe you can hear the protagonists thoughts and possibly even see flashback-like cut-scenes. i still doubt that there will be more than one protag though, can't see it being very plausible.

I've been trying to think about this for ages. Since they released their post trailer #1 statement in fact. When you combine all the images, footage and information we've seen so far it's obvious there is no clear protagonist. Then I read something that somebody wrote which I also thought about early on after watching trailer 1. I put it to one side of my mind because I didn't think it was plausable. Anyway, the trailer music, the possibility of multiple characters, the viewfinder with retro looking postcard style pics... and the general feeling i get from all this information. Could GTA V be set in multiple era's? Maybe it's a little out there, but it's just a thought triggered by something almost identical I read on another forum. If more than one person has a similar though, I think it's worth sharing...

I know what you mean, those greeting cards are old style, maybe Rockstar have just brought back Vice City style, or if it's in multiple era's like you say, perhaps the protagonist, or one of them has flashbacks??

As for Rockstar's bold new direction...I think we'll find out soon enough.

Don't forget the German magazine guys called it a "new feature", whatever that means i do not know. But that hints towards it being something to do with gameplay rather than story...

Talking on the subject of co-op again, maybe there is a drop-in feature, which allows players to join the 'Main' players story missions. The story stays the same, but whatever characters that would be along side the protagonist through-out the story, could be used as a co-op entry point without making it feel like a cheap co-op extra?

Don't forget the German magazine guys called it a "new feature", whatever that means i do not know. But that hints towards it being something to do with gameplay rather than story...

Talking on the subject of co-op again, maybe there is a drop-in feature, which allows players to join the 'Main' players story missions. The story stays the same, but whatever characters that would be along side the protagonist through-out the story, could be used as a co-op entry point without making it feel like a cheap co-op extra?

if when im playing a mission there is some annoying asshole i have to protect the whole time, i swear i might not even get the game.

• Like 1

if when im playing a mission there is some annoying asshole i have to protect the whole time, i swear i might not even get the game.

Lol true, i think i'd find that annoying too. I personally don't think there's going to be a main story co-op, i don't see it working well. Just making suggestions.

I'm still not ruling out multiple protagonists, that's been floating around since and maybe before that game-magazine article a year ago...

Was thinking exactly the same Dup. You could play the whole game/storyline with a mate online if you wanted too. Putting Online playing and Storyline together.

Other than that i haven't a clue, not too fussed, whatever the big surprise (if there is one) will be, it'll be great.

If they do that..... it should be purely optional and it shouldn't make the single player experiance any different. Like it shouldn't make you be with a guy the whole time just because no one is playing online with you. Itshould be the type of thing where all he does is help you out on a mission but is not shown in the cutscenes or anything.

If it has to do with main story multiplayer perhaps instead of a friend playing co-op to help you, they can play the enemy side. This drags in the multi-protagonist theories but where you can pick which side to play as (good or bad, if that's even a difference). A friend can then play the other side against you.

On the other hand that would really complicate story progression and I'm not sure Rockstar would want the story to get too crazy since they like to have a somewhat straight forward story about what happens.

The bold new direction. Maybe its playing as a redneck like the guy off of vice city stories. No one would expect that, it could be the guy on the four wheeler.

Can we get some more imaginative posts? Everyone keeps reiterating the same ideas.

Personally, I would like to see the "bold new direction" as an attempt to implement money as the main goal in this game. Anything you can do to get as much as possible. And it means more, too. In IV, money didn't really mean anything. There wasn't much you could buy. In fact, SA used money a lot more than IV, mostly because of safe houses. I think what money ultimately boils down to is customization. This mean character, vehicle, weapon, safe house, businesses, friends, etc. I would like to be able to make your own story. From the get-go you Gould be able to choose the way you are going to be making the green. Now, I'm no imposing changing the storyline. That's too much work IMO and would take away from the game. The game would still progress as usual but you main income wouldn't come from missions. They could set up opportunities to start different businesses, probably brought on by friends or acquaintances. Se have suggested one of these could be an actual GTA business, steal and sell. Maybe owning a chop shop or mechanic shop. Buying restaurants or growing weed up in the farm hills. Import/export.

Whatever it is, I would like to see earning money as a difficult thing to do and the things you can buy and do with that money will make this game more fun to play then SA. And that's the number one challenge I think R* has in their hands.

• Like 1

a plant that may be frowned opon by certain law enforcment

its ok to make marijuana references here.

I guess shrooms arent a plant...

Can we get some more imaginative posts? Everyone keeps reiterating the same ideas.

Personally, I would like to see the "bold new direction" as an attempt to implement money as the main goal in this game. Anything you can do to get as much as possible. And it means more, too. In IV, money didn't really mean anything. There wasn't much you could buy. In fact, SA used money a lot more than IV, mostly because of safe houses. I think what money ultimately boils down to is customization. This mean character, vehicle, weapon, safe house, businesses, friends, etc. I would like to be able to make your own story. From the get-go you Gould be able to choose the way you are going to be making the green. Now, I'm no imposing changing the storyline. That's too much work IMO and would take away from the game. The game would still progress as usual but you main income wouldn't come from missions. They could set up opportunities to start different businesses, probably brought on by friends or acquaintances. Se have suggested one of these could be an actual GTA business, steal and sell. Maybe owning a chop shop or mechanic shop. Buying restaurants or growing weed up in the farm hills. Import/export.

Whatever it is, I would like to see earning money as a difficult thing to do and the things you can buy and do with that money will make this game more fun to play then SA. And that's the number one challenge I think R* has in their hands.

Hmm, needed to aquire a lot of money so i can color my hair blue, seems uninteresting to me.

Maybe it's bullshit. Not trying to be a downer but look at the way companies always advertise there games before release. They always talk about how it will "Innovate gaming" and how it takes things in a bold new direction but it's usually just the same old formula with a few minor changes, I'm guessing thats whats happening here. Not that there's a problem with that, I love the old formula it works brilliantly and has got them this far.

Hmm, needed to aquire a lot of money so i can color my hair blue, seems uninteresting to me.

That's because you lack imagination, Steve,

IJ_Edward_Norton_022.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe it's bullshit. Not trying to be a downer but look at the way companies always advertise there games before release. They always talk about how it will "Innovate gaming" and how it takes things in a bold new direction but it's usually just the same old formula with a few minor changes, I'm guessing thats whats happening here. Not that there's a problem with that, I love the old formula it works brilliantly and has got them this far.

Been thinking the same thing myself, every year there is another COD released bleeting about "innovative" this and "bold" that, but its the same stuff with some bells and whistles tied on. IMHO, GTA ain't broke, so no need to fix it, just fettle it gently to make it better

Been thinking the same thing myself, every year there is another COD released bleeting about "innovative" this and "bold" that, but its the same stuff with some bells and whistles tied on. IMHO, GTA ain't broke, so no need to fix it, just fettle it gently to make it better

if you are not going to add a substantial amount of new features to a game, why would you even make a new game? i expect them to add something new every game, not just keep it the same with a new map, that would be pointless, it should change some every game.