DuPz0r

What could their bold new direction be?

I've been trying to think about this for ages. Since they released their post trailer #1 statement in fact. When you combine all the images, footage and information we've seen so far it's obvious there is no clear protagonist. Then I read something that somebody wrote which I also thought about early on after watching trailer 1. I put it to one side of my mind because I didn't think it was plausable. Anyway, the trailer music, the possibility of multiple characters, the viewfinder with retro looking postcard style pics... and the general feeling i get from all this information. Could GTA V be set in multiple era's? Maybe it's a little out there, but it's just a thought triggered by something almost identical I read on another forum. If more than one person has a similar though, I think it's worth sharing...

• Like 1

I don't think so. I think there will still only be one protagonist. But that has me wondering too. What does "bold new direction" mean?

maybe a different direction gameplaywise? like it could be better or more immersive than all the titles before? idk thats what i thought when i first read that

I guess it could be bold, but it's nothing new in the games industry. R* Normally innovate, not copy tried features. Assassins Creed has pulled off multiple era's in the last couple of games, so maybe it's not something R* would do.

Is assasins creed is a lot different than gta...

Different car models, different radio stations, a lot of cosfs seems to me.

Also, by your own standards, multiple eras is nothing new in the gaming industry..

What about gtammpg

Yeah I guess multiple era's is nothing new. But it's never been done in a single GTA game. What about gelling era's together? We see that a lot in fashion and clothing, in culture. GTA is based on culture...

To me "bold new DIRECTION" the word direction stands out. I took at as vertical. GTA4 was mainly flat. You were grounded to earth other then the heli. I could be completely wrong, but I'm guessing with aircraft back in, we will be using them more to get to high grounds. Also thinking more water/under water stuff as well when they mentioned "depths".

Crossing fingers its one protag. But was thinking, IF it happens to be two, Maybe we get to play for a long time as both to get to like one of them and hate the other, then towards the end we are obligated to make a choice on who will survive. The one we keep will be used for remainder of story and free play. This would increase replay-ability because people would want to see what happens when you save the other person.

Too bad trailer didn't drop today...

maybe they have created a more living breathing city.

when i seen that new pic from the view finder key chain of the guy skydiving, i looked at all the gear he had on, and thought maybe, there's a skydiving company/school.

and after i thought of that i remembered their comment of the heights and depths you can now go to, and thought maybe there's a scuba diving company that allows to you to get the proper suit, etc, and allows you to dive down deeper in the water.

other buildings could be several different fighting styles training places. so the game allows you to choose how you want to fight.

just a few ideas. i'm probably wrong lol

When I think Bold New Direction, I look at their last GTA game - GTA lV. If Rockstar is taking GTA in a bold new direction it probably means that GTA V will be very different from GTA lV. So I think this will mean that they will pack everything they can into this game that wasn't in GTA lV. Not just bringing back features from old GTA's but implementing a massive amount of new features and ideas. I believe GTA V will be the Biggest and Best GTA yet. And something that will blow people's minds. :jumpy:

it will be the biggest and probably best gta yet, but that doesn't account for the bold new direction statement, neither does adding in old stuff from past gtas lol

O.K what does bold new direction mean to you? And what do you specifically mean by a more living and breathing city?

I think there's some new element added to the game... Like really progressive and never done before.. I can't for the life of me even begin to speculate what it is, but I think it will suprise us all. Alothugh I think we can safely assume we'll get a look at it this week.

icon11.gif

I think they just added a lot of new shit to the game in terms of immersion like some have said.

And overall, "bold new direction" was just a good marketing soundbite that was vague enough to keep us all guessing.

• Like 1

it will be the biggest and probably best gta yet, but that doesn't account for the bold new direction statement, neither does adding in old stuff from past gtas lol

O.K what does bold new direction mean to you? And what do you specifically mean by a more living and breathing city?

sorry i thought i explained what i meant when i said, about the training schools allowing you to choose your fighting style for the game. the training schools and businesses like - sky diving, since that guy in the viewfinder pic had all the gear on, and with rockstars comment about going to new heights and greater DEPTHS, then i thought maybe theres a scubadiving school too, allowing you to get the suit and stuff you need to go deep in the ocean etc.

so by living breathing city, i mean more choices that affect the game, more places and shops/schools etc that allow to you choose the way your character behaves .

i wouldn't class them adding the stuff from san andreas as bold new direction, i don't want to have to feed my character, go to the gym etc, not to bothered about modifying my cars either.

I could be wrong, but what if they mean 3D support? With this craze of 3d tvs and the PS# support for it, do you think thats a possibility? Does XBOX support 3D?

sorry i thought i explained what i meant when i said, about the training schools allowing you to choose your fighting style for the game. the training schools and businesses like - sky diving, since that guy in the viewfinder pic had all the gear on, and with rockstars comment about going to new heights and greater DEPTHS, then i thought maybe theres a scubadiving school too, allowing you to get the suit and stuff you need to go deep in the ocean etc.

so by living breathing city, i mean more choices that affect the game, more places and shops/schools etc that allow to you choose the way your character behaves .

i wouldn't class them adding the stuff from san andreas as bold new direction, i don't want to have to feed my character, go to the gym etc, not to bothered about modifying my cars either.

O.K the Fighting Training Schools you mentioned were in GTA San Andreas in the form of three different Masters teaching you different fighting techniques. In Los Santos it was boxing in the gym there. In San Fierro it was Kung Fu. In Las Venturas it was Kick Boxing. The greater depth bullshit you mentioned was also in San Andreas, remember you can swim underwater? remember the little oyster shells you had to collect?

So yeah your ideas unlike mine are totally original and haven't been seen in any past GTA's. :whistle:

Also the crap about the skydiving, you could skydive in GTA San Andreas and GTA lV, why would you need an entire school to teach you how to press a button ( pulling your ripcord ) before you hit the ground. That's just stupid. :bird:

And last of all where the fuck was the bold new direction in any of the crap you just rambled about. Please look at your own dumbass statements before you try to put mine down. :fuhrer: LOL!

yeah mate i have played san andreas i know what was in it. so no need for the attitude. can no one have a conversation on this site without turning it into ripping someone because they don't like their ideas etc. so your totally original ideas is to bring all the shit back from san andreas. not of all of san andreas features were good!

• Like 1

Bold New Direction

1st - There's no defined protagonist, but we have a voice. Sounds like a 40's or 50's yo caucasian... A "Sindicate" lider? A dude that can send other guys/girls do jobs form him?

2nd - A full cooperative game? We should be allways online and go on the story? I dont believe so. (Its more like, I dont want that.)

3rd - More than one protagonist? Something like, GTA4 with lost and damned and gay tony at the same time? Or something like Vice city and vice city stories, two timelines?