Crazee

Poll: Next Trailer Release

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Assuming R* will be releasing the new trailer as soon as they get the power working again, how long do you think it'll be till we get the new trailer?

I know there's a "Second Trailer Predictions" topic but it's for what's in the new trailer, not when it's release.

Vote away.

Meh, it amuses me. It's not like it's irrelevant in the short-term.

Plus it gives the Americans a practice at voting for something that's meaningless. ^_^

• Like 1

Much like most others, I'm thinking it's coming in the next few days

I feel like after the report from Rockstar about the power outages hampering their ability to finish the video, they had all intentions of releasing the second trailer around the same time as the first one.

Hard to believe its been almost a year already since the first trailer.

read somewhere that 300,000 properties got power... residential property in another 5 days or so, commercial first.

assuming that R* have offices in a commercial area, we're most likely looking at trailer release imminently.

This topic title should be changed to two words: Fuck Sandy.

And besides Rockstar is already putting up stuff in the newswire with videos.......... what does that mean?

Rockstar just said this on thier Newswire for thier Vice City topic:

Everyone, we appreciate there's still a lot of excitement around the recent GTAV announcement and that you're all keen to send your well-wishes following Sandy, but please remember that the commenting rules still apply, including keeping things on-topic. Cheers.

Yeah fuck Sandy! It's probably more the issue with not being able to implement other things to go along with the trailer that's delaying it. It may have needed a few touch ups before upload that can't be done under current circumstances.

I'm sure they'd want to make sure that they had every resource available when they uploaded the trailer

What I don't get is wouldn't you think Rockstar has backups of the trailer? Like at Rockstar North in Edinburgh or something that they could release from there?

I've got a friend living in New York who has said that he's been told that the power should be back on in most of New York by Sunday evening, priority at the moment is hospitals, schools, etc., so I'd assume Rock* will release as soon as the power is back. Also, if the New York site is down, can they not release from another locaton? Can't wait to see the second trailer!

Yea I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure if they HAD to give us a trailer they could, but they probably wan't to give us this specific trailer that the team at Rockstar NY have been working on.

Yeah that's what I mean, they know when they upload trailer 2 the fanbase (and internet in general) is gonna go crazy. Before they do that they probably want everything up and running to deal with everything, or at least stable enough to try and deal with everything.

It's not a question of having the trailer in multiple locations backed up, which they almost certainly do. It's about getting things back to some sort of normality.

I think Rockstar would want to release the 2nd Trailer before the next issue of GI comes out on November 8.

So I would say that they will either release it this Monday ( 5/11/2012 ) or Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest. Mostly because it would be kind of counter productive to release it after the 18 page plus preview GI is set to release. B)

I think they haven't finished the trailer yet, if they had they would just release it somewhere else. Remember they only said they were "Working on trailer 2 " so even if they power does come back it will be a few days at least.

''This is indeed off-topic. Don't expect us to be giving regular updates on the office power, but we hope to be fully operational again sometime next week.''

Official reply from Rockstar to an annoying guy in the Vice City Newswire article

It's only 5 more here in Australia. :clap:

Then you guys are gonna get it on the 9th then.

No, we're almost a day ahead of the US here. :D

See because an earth day's time starts ( from midnight ) at the International Dateline which is just a few hundred miles east of New Zealand then travels around the world finally reaching the US ( one of the last countries in the world to get the day ). So the sun ends up rising in the east and setting in the west.

Exactly. And since game informer is a U.S. company, they arn't gonna release it early for austrailia. You will get it when it's the 8th in the U.S. At least that's what I think..... :unsure:

Exactly. And since game informer is a U.S. company, they arn't gonna release it early for austrailia. You will get it when it's the 8th in the U.S. At least that's what I think..... :unsure:

I just confused the hell out of myself, we will get the GI issue at the same time ( in reality ), just on different dates, so yes as your previous post said it probably will be the 9th of November by the time we get it. :whistle: