Massacre

The Food Topic

Butternut Squash Bisque, a perfect dinner dish for the fall. I could eat this every night during the cold season.

Agreed

Seafood stuffed with seafood? TIME PARADOX

Butternut Squash Bisque, a perfect dinner dish for the fall. I could eat this every night during the cold season.

Agreed

The difference between a "bisque" and soup?

Douchiness. :v

• Like 1

It usually refers to a seafood soup made with crustaceans (lobster, crab, shrimp) because you cook the meat twice, once to make stock for the soup then the meat is pureed and added back in (in French bis-cuites, twice cooked, became bisque). The bisque should be homogenous, not chunky like chowder, and sometimes chefs would grind the shells too and add it to the soup as a thickener. Some recipes might use it in the name for a roasted vegetable pureed soup, but it's a misnomer to make it sound fancier than it really is. Veggie soup is veggie soup whether you've added cream or not, (cream of X usually means a roux was used to thicken it); the word bisque really should evoke the lobster/seafood variety.

I can use Google too!

Bisque is a smooth, creamy, highly seasoned soup of French origin, classically based on a strained broth (coulis) of crustaceans. It can be made from lobster, crab, shrimp or crayfish. Also, creamy soups made from roasted and puréed vegetables are sometimes called bisques.

I'm gtagrl, talking about food.

I can use Google too!

Brian, you dumbass.

Also, creamy soups made from roasted and puréed vegetables are sometimes called bisques.

Midgets are sometimes called dwarves, but they're still fucking midgets.

• Like 3

Just because she bakes a lot doesn't mean she knows everything about food. I don't know why she was trying to prove me wrong but, I'm not wrong so I really didn't get the whole necessity of that paragraph.

Like I said, only pretentious cooks (or young people still learning about food) would use "bisque" to describe a veggie soup, to make it sound fancier than what it really is, cooked veggies pureed into liquid, and nothing to do with cream. And for the record, that post was made without consulting the oracle of Google, just my cranial Rolodex.

Edit: Brian, I was making an on-topic post, not everything I say is a personal attack, okay?

• Like 1

What is your issue with people who happen to be under a certain age? Life is all about learning, yet here you are degrading me (which became obvious once you had to mention "young people") just due to my age. There are a plethora of chefs out there half your age that know more. Not all vegetable soups are bisques, no shit. However, not all bisques are made of crustaceans either.

Wow. Your egotism blows me away. It's not all about you, Brian. If I'd wanted to jump down your throat I'd have said something after your first mention of vegetable bisque...but I didn't. I don't see you getting shrewish at Gunny or Cy and they share my view.

Age has nothing to do with it, Gunny and I have been happily swapping recipes for months. In your case, you'd rather take it as a personal attack (which it wasn't) instead of a chance to learn. Take a fucking chill pill, sweetheart, it isn't all about you ffs.

I take it as a personal attack due to the fact that whenever I post in a topic such as this I'm either met with people telling me I'm wrong or attacking what I've said. So until you prove otherwise, stop think you're oh so innocent and perfect "ffs".

everyone's a food critic... just saying -_-...

i am actually shocked at how many people nowadays know every single aspect of their dish... like take analog for instance;

Tonight I had tilapia pan-seared, baked and stuffed with shrimp, scallops, crab meat and lemon caper butter with a side of ginger-honey spaghetti squash, pumpkin ravioli and spicy shrimp. I cried a little.

i would of probably forgotten half of those items... what happened to just getting a burger or a steak? :lol:...

• Like 2

Tonight I had tilapia pan-seared, baked and stuffed with shrimp, scallops, crab meat and lemon caper butter with a side of ginger-honey spaghetti squash, pumpkin ravioli and spicy shrimp. I cried a little.

i would of probably forgotten half of those items... what happened to just getting a burger or a steak? :lol:...

I copied it off the online menu of the restaurant I ate at :clap: I was just blown away by how good it was xD

• Like 1