Massacre

The Food Topic

We really need a fast food thread, or even a general cooking thread.

Food topic. Discuss food. Regular food, fast food, cooking, whatever.

Food.

Related reading.

http://www.igta5.com...2165-breakfast/

http://www.igta5.com...ic/2172-dinner/

http://www.igta5.com...-hate-for-gays/

http://www.igta5.com...avioli-special/

http://www.igta5.com/forums/topic/2389-fck-rockstars-website/page__view__findpost__p__58989

• Like 1

I had arbys two nights ago. Was talking about the price being expensive and I said ya McDonald's is cheaper. Then the cashier said but here you get the quality. I usually get a roast beef n cheddar when I go there. Tons of horsey sauce.

I made pancakes today.

8936095.jpg

They're susposed to be the American style ones, so they're ment to be much smaller but I hate small pancakes, besides, American pancakes seem to be more like crumpets I think.

Think it was this recipe I used, although I obviously made mine thinner and much bigger. Honestly couldn't have made them much more perfect. Parts look undercooked/burnt but I assure you they weren't.

Tonight is Takeaway night. So I'll probably end up getting Donner meat or s/t lmao

I had arbys two nights ago. Was talking about the price being expensive and I said ya McDonald's is cheaper. Then the cashier said but here you get the quality. I usually get a roast beef n cheddar when I go there. Tons of horsey sauce.

Yeah, Arby's is infinitely better than McDonald's. I get the Angus Three Cheese and Bacon. Fucking good. I think that's what it's called, anyway. I can never think of the name until I'm actually standing in the restaurant.

Cheese on toast with Worcestershire sauce for me tonight.

Had a small meat feast pizza on the way home from pub earlier.

Fat bastard.

I made pancakes today.

8936095.jpg

They're susposed to be the American style ones, so they're ment to be much smaller but I hate small pancakes, besides, American pancakes seem to be more like crumpets I think.

Think it was this recipe I used, although I obviously made mine thinner and much bigger. Honestly couldn't have made them much more perfect. Parts look undercooked/burnt but I assure you they weren't.

Tonight is Takeaway night. So I'll probably end up getting Donner meat or s/t lmao

put some beans on it...

• Like 1

I made pancakes today.

put some beans on it...

That a dig at me being a Limey? :(

I hate beans.

I didn't know us Americans made small pancakes.

Everytime I've seen American pancakes they've always been small.

128752_f260.jpg

Ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli.

Ask Cuda for his. Supposedly his are delicious (probably his words)

Because pancakes arn't supposed to be thin. They may be smaller length wise but they are usually a little thick

No they're not, thin and crispy are what true pancakes are like, not puffy and soft. Waffles are another American thing.

Also, we can't have a true food topic without koko here.

Waffles originated in France, Belgium and Germany way before becoming a staple of North American breakfast restaurants, and people receiving waffle irons as wedding gifts.

Pancakes should be fluffy, not crispy. It's a "cake" cooked quickly in a pan. What kind of cake is crispy?!?

Crepes should be crispy at the edges, thin enough to read the paper through, but strong enough to hold the homemade jam or whatever lovely filling you're going to put into it.

Any of you is welcome to come for breakfast anytime, I'll show you how it's done properly.

• Like 1

I prefer British (crepe-like) pancakes to Amercan pancakes. They are meant to be slightly crispy, like when you fry an egg and the edge crisps slightly. American pancakes are okay, but they're too much like crumpets.

British Pancake

2012-02-20-Pancakes14.JPG

French Crepe

Crps.jpg

American Pancake

Nigella+American+pancakes.JPG

Crumpet:

Crumpets+041.jpg

Right, i hope that's cleared things up.