Massacre

The Food Topic

I actually enjoy Ruby Tuesday's, just don't understand the name.

It's a Stones song. No idea what it has to do with food though.

I actually enjoy Ruby Tuesday's, just don't understand the name.

It's a Stones song. No idea what it has to do with food though.

It was popular when the restaurant chain opened so the stoned owner decided that was a good name.

Keith Richards apparently wrote it after Jimi Hendrix started fucking his girlfriend...

The fix for your misfortunes is simple: Don't eat at Wendy's or Ruby Tuesday.

Wendy's in Australia is a franchise milkshake shop, pretty good too. When I went to the States I spotted Wendy's, knew it was different and thought I'd try. Wished I hadn't.

• Like 1

Any chicken place that isn't Popeye's is shit.

How different from KFC is popeyes?

My family has a fried chicken recipe that's pretty beastly, but nobody aside from my grandma, my mother and me can do it right, everybody else does it too greasy and the fat collects to make the underside of the chicken greasy

I like the way the Japanese do it, it's lightly seasoned in soy sauce then fried a little to lock in the flavour then battered and fried like normal

KFC is as generic as chicken can be, though it still tastes fairly good. Especially if you're high. Popeye's however, is Cajun style (white southerners descended from the French, doing their own take on Creole cooking). It's spicy, smells great, tastes better. Their fries are also spicy, though not overly so (the chicken is proper spicy, the fries just have a bit of a kick), and their biscuits are more buttery than any biscuit I've ever had. I rank their biscuits on the same level as the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster (Also, I feel bad for people who have never had Red Lobster biscuits. Holy fuck, you are missing out on magic). Also, they occasionally have catfish or other seafood as a limited time thing. Catfish cannot be prepared in a way that is better than the Cajun way, even if it's from a fast food place.

Also, if you get diarrhea after eating Popeye's, you'll want that smell as an air freshener. That restaurant can do no wrong.

Wendy's is shit. You should of went to Rally's, Five Guys, Chick Fil A, or In-n-Out Burger, depending on where you were. Those are the best of Murican fast food.

I hit up Five Guys by accident. There was one about three doors down from where I was staying in New York. After that I hit them up in Philly and Washington. I want one in Australia.

"biscuits" lol, Brits get shit for the "tea and scones" stereotype but americans fucking love them

For the record basic Biscuit recipe:

2 cups self-rising flour

1/4 cup All-Vegetable Shortening, butter or lard

1 cup buttermilk, or you can use whole milk

basic scone recipe:

2 cups sr flour

55g butter

150ml milk

egg

pinch of salt

Additionally you can add caster sugar if you want to sweeten it up.

How different from KFC is popeyes?

My family has a fried chicken recipe that's pretty beastly, but nobody aside from my grandma, my mother and me can do it right, everybody else does it too greasy and the fat collects to make the underside of the chicken greasy

I like the way the Japanese do it, it's lightly seasoned in soy sauce then fried a little to lock in the flavour then battered and fried like normal

KFC is very hit and miss. Sometimes it is overly greasy, other times dry as hell. Popeye's always manages to find a good balance.

I will contest that. Although a sandwich place, Chick Fil A is very good.

Chick fil a is overrated as fuck, the composition of there supposedly "world class" chicken sandwich is the exact same as any other places give or take a difference in the batter. They also lose points for liking the smell of their own farts by claiming they were the first place to ever put chicken between bread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly certain it'll be a good sandwich, but I don't see the difference at all. Generally you can see what difference in just the breading (considering that is what most "unique" places do different) but it looks the exact same as every chicken sandwich I've ever had.

twintubdexter++7-19-2012-13-26-8.jpg

It also uses that generic deflated fast food bun that McDonalds and Wendy's uses on its cheapest burgers. And as for the actual cut of chicken, it uses breast like most other places too. Snore! I'd rather have a thigh which is much more tasty and barely any less "healthy"

Wait... you haven't even had it? It doesn't look special, but just because of that doesn't mean it's not great. I don't think that Chick Fil A is godsent, but it's pretty high up on the chicken sandwich rankings.

I don't live in the states so I can't try it. What makes it stand out? Like I said you can normally tell the difference from the appearance as the seasoning can really show on some of the "better" chicken sandwiches.

Thigh? Nah. The breast is the steak of the chicken. Thighs taste too much like bird for me.

As for what makes Chick-Fil-A stand out, the breast patty is supremely crunchy. It's not soggy and mushy like the majority of American chicken sandwiches. Also, they hate gays.

• Like 1

I don't live in the states so I can't try it. What makes it stand out? Like I said you can normally tell the difference from the appearance as the seasoning can really show on some of the "better" chicken sandwiches.

Basically everything gunny said. Plus it seems to be better quality chicken, unlike the shit from McDonald's or Wendy's.