Massacre

The Food Topic

It was medium well, warm pink center and not over cooked. Hamburger should not be cooked until it is unpalatable like well done.

Also, it was fresh chop meat from the butcher.

You guys don't know burgers.

and I never said the burger was grilled. I only refer to it being grilled in a pan if it's bread, because that's what it is.

Restaurants have these, also called grills in the North East anyway aside from the grill that comes to mind out doors.

004-d-018-griddle-vid.jpg

Funny, I like my burgers medium in the center, but I'd prefer a steak to be well-done. Plenty o' gray.

Dude no beef should ever be well done. At least Medium-rare and at most medium-well.

When the humble grilled cheese was in its infancy, it was primarily served in diners and sandwich shops, where the sandwich was cooked on a grill such as the one you posted above. Hence the name "grilled cheese". A cheese sandwich fried in a pan isn't a true grilled cheese -- it's a fried cheese sammich.

Dude no beef should ever be well done. At least Medium-rare and at most medium-well.

There's something unappetizing (and mildly depressing) about slicing into a bleeding piece of (former) cow muscle. I like my steaks well-done.

When the humble grilled cheese was in its infancy, it was primarily served in diners and sandwich shops, where the sandwich was cooked on a grill such as the one you posted above. Hence the name "grilled cheese". A cheese sandwich fried in a pan isn't a true grilled cheese -- it's a fried cheese sammich.

Nice story you made up there

"Cooked bread and cheese is an ancient food, according to food historians, popular across the world in many cultures; evidence indicates that in the U.S., the modern version of the grilled cheese sandwich originated in the 1920s when inexpensive sliced bread and American cheese became easily available. The cheese dream became popular during the Great Depression.

It was originally made as an open sandwich, but the top slice of bread became common by the 1960s. U.S. government cookbooks describe Navy cooks broiling "American cheese filling sandwiches" during World War II.

Many versions of the grilled cheese sandwich can now be found on restaurant menus across the United States. According to Woman's Day, April is "Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month."

Anywhore, Grilling is a form of cooking that involves dry heat applied to the surface of food, that's why in those restaurants that is considered a grill, and why I consider my bread grilled because I never use butter or oil, and it grills it and toasts the bread to a nice crisp.

Edit: Everyone likes their meat how they like it, we can all disagree but that's the beauty of cooking, experimenting and eating how you like your food.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'd heard that tale from a fry cook at a diner. Given the hilariously trivial nature of the subject, I saw no reason to question it.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'd heard that tale from a fry cook at a diner. Given the hilariously trivial nature of the subject, I saw no reason to question it.

Aye, it's alright ngr, just saying.

Also, I just thought of you sitting at a diner counter late at night drinking a coffee and ordering a breakfast and you two (frycook being black) exchanging stories back and fourth about life with like no one in there.

I made pancakes today.

8936095.jpg

They're susposed to be the American style ones, so they're ment to be much smaller but I hate small pancakes, besides, American pancakes seem to be more like crumpets I think.

Think it was this recipe I used, although I obviously made mine thinner and much bigger. Honestly couldn't have made them much more perfect. Parts look undercooked/burnt but I assure you they weren't.

Tonight is Takeaway night. So I'll probably end up getting Donner meat or s/t lmao

do u like eating a lot of junk food lol.

Hm. Did you not get a list and suggested recipes with the box o'veggies?

It looks similar to a jicama, a root veggie in the turnip family that tastes like a cross between apple and cabbage. It can be eaten raw, makes a great slaw. Can't say for sure though, cut a piece off and taste it.