Guest Marney-1

Hey Ku, I'd like you to explain.

I smell troll..

Wasn't a troll, I wanted you to explain it.

Pardon me, I meant. when was the SA release date announced?

October is getting a little close for teh lack of info

This is spreading around on twitter, supposedly this was uploaded to the official GTA site then taken down straight away. It shows a release date the bottom "Q4 2012"

GTAV-release-leak.jpg

That would mean we're looking at a 2012 release date :o

Here's a link to a short article about it:

http://g3ar.co.za/2012/09/06/did-rockstar-just-reveal-their-gtav-release-date-by-accident/

Think it's legit????

^What he said. Not legit.

That said, I do expect a Q4 2012 release - Take-Two Interactive's 2012 fiscal year actually ends March 31, 2013. Investor guidance suggests something huge is coming before then. So a release sometime in early March might make sense.

<shrug>

People need to realise the difference between a calendar year and a fiscal year. They see 2012 and start jumping for joy. It isn't stated what it is there, but i'll still go with the bullshit theory.

• Like 1

It's definitely making great progress, the fact that we now know they've sorted out the gangs and crews thing is quite exciting. But the way I look at it, the games you are dying for never release when you want them to. :/

didnt know more stuff was confirmed, i should get back on track and pay more attention, is it on R*

I used to believe that the game had a chance of coming out in October, but it just doesn't seem like it will. The reason I think this is because if you look at Rockstar's multiplayer event calender you can see GTA IV has a multiplayer event November 29th. I highly doubt anyone would be going back to play GTA IV if GTA V is coming out in October.

post-9356-0-64560200-1347336569.jpg

• Like 1

^What he said. Not legit.

That said, I do expect a Q4 2012 release - Take-Two Interactive's 2012 fiscal year actually ends March 31, 2013. Investor guidance suggests something huge is coming before then. So a release sometime in early March might make sense.

<shrug>

not quite right.

according to their investor reports, T2's fiscal years are ahead, not behind real calender. I can't find the interim reports atm but I find the annual reports, and the report for fiscal 2012 was already relased in may.

so we are now in T2's fiscal 2013 which ends March 31 2013.

People need to let it go.

If the game was out this October we'd have so much more information about the game, and one of those key bits of info would be a solid release date... March is still an early date to me, i still think it's going to be released later than everyone thinks [May-July 2013]. But i do hope the game is ready by March.

• Like 1