Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So i've finally stopped doing the Thieves Guild quests and picking up other random ones and now i'm progressing with the story. Currently doing Aludin's Wall. I would be progressing further if the game didn't keep freezing at random intervals. -_-

Level 35 and 88 hours.

The whole Elder Scrolls lore is a bit hard to follow at times. There are so many different sources in the games that tell the history of Tamriel, the Aedra and Daedra, various migrations and what not. It's hard to get a clear picture. Even the Star Wars expanded universe isn't as confusing.

If I could liken ES lore to anything, it would be Tolkien's "The Similarion". That was a confusing read.

I've not attempted 'The Similarion' yet. Will eventually.

Man, you want Star Wars knowledge, I'm your man. Just don't ask about Revan, I get angry.

Can anyone suggest Warrior followers for me? I've had two so far, and both died in bizarre shout accidents. I'm a mage, so I prefer to use them as melee bait for Deathlords, but they also need to be able to withstand a lot of magic. I'm not really concerned with whom my spells hit, as long as bodies are dropping. I was thinking an Orc, or possibly a human who looks a little like Bastila Shan.

Man, you want Star Wars knowledge, I'm your man. Just don't ask about Revan, I get angry.

Can anyone suggest Warrior followers for me? I've had two so far, and both died in bizarre shout accidents. I'm a mage, so I prefer to use them as melee bait for Deathlords, but they also need to be able to withstand a lot of magic. I'm not really concerned with whom my spells hit, as long as bodies are dropping. I was thinking an Orc, or possibly a human who looks a little like Bastila Shan.

lol, Revanchist. I can't believe they managed to pussify even Revan and Malak.

Anyway, to answer your question, Mjoll The Lioness never let me down. Apparently, she's good with two-handed weapons. She's at the tavern in Riften. You do have to find a sword for her, though, so going down that path might be time consuming. And a warning, her quotes get old fast. I don't care about your father, woman! Shut the fuck up!

I don't bother with followers anymore. They get in the way.

I left marcurio at home now, i have a necklace so i can have more stuff in my inventory. No longer need a follower. I has lydia for the deathlord thing but she died in about ten seconds, she was shit. Im not going to babysit a follower, marcurio could hold his own and so should any other followers.

I was using the girl you fist fight in Riverwood for ages, until she took an Ice Spike while I was hunting a giant. Second guy died in his first dungeon, when he took my Fire Breath to the face. That's what happens when you don't wear armour. I don't need a follower, as I tend to travel with an Atronach/can slaughter everything with Destruction, but I just really like sending others to their death.

That just goes to show, an arrow to the knee is the least of your worries when you're rolling with the dragonborn.

Ice spike to the dick would've been a much easier meme to relate to.

Most of the time Jenassa my follower (and also my lover) gets fus ro dah'd, flamed, shot with arrows or slashed by me. Although she kept fighting with Esbern on the way back from Riften and he actually killed her - not down to one knee but stone dead. So I had to send her home as she was carrying all my shit.

I was home sick again yesterday. I felt like shit, but I had an entire day of Skyrim; and it worked out pretty well as I needed to burn out some of my paid sick hours before the year. So, I basically got paid for playing Skyrim yesterday. I started the Thieves' Guild quests, did a shit ton of pish posh errands for people in Riften who all needed 5+ of an expensive ingredient I could make into a banging potion. 10 fire salts? Are you fucking kidding me? 5 Ice Wraith Teeth? Fuck me! I also got the majority of the College of Winterhold missions. I saved last night at 3AM inside Labrinthia or whatever to get the Staff of Magnum Condoms so I can hopefully shove it up the ass of the Elf, Arcano or whatever. I came to the College to party; not to deal with this shit. I have kind of enjoyed the College missions and stop by there regularly to steal ingredients and sell my magical findings. Much better than having to go see that shithead in Dragon's Reach.

I got my Speech skill to 100 by mashing the "A" button with the guy in the Black Briar Meadery; while watching "Top Chef" on the TV. I would switch back to the game to make sure I was still talking to him and to check my progress. I think it took an entire day in game. As soon as I hit 100, he was like, "You have to leave."

I'm loving this game and can't wait to get back into it when I get off work today!

• Like 1

So the speech skill improves just by talking to someone and not by buying/selling? Makes sense I guess, I may have to try that.

I'm currently finding the Elder scroll in the Dwemer ruins.

I know I keep harping on about it, but since you're a mage, I think it's relevant. If you get conjuration to level 75 you can get the Conjure Dremora Lord spell. They exclusively use melee attacks and are pretty powerful. If you perk it up a bit you can get them to stay for double duration (120 seconds), make them doubly powerful and when you get to level 100, have two at the same time. If they die, you just create another one, and if they're blocking a door you can just respawn them elsewhere. Their lines are brilliant as well.

You can't marry them or order them to do things but if all you want is a distraction, they're perfect.

So the speech skill improves just by talking to someone and not by buying/selling? Makes sense I guess, I may have to try that.

Using "intimidate" "persuade" and "bribe" all raise your skill. There is a dude at the counter @ the Black Briar and you can run a loop asking about Maven Black Briar and selecting the persuade option over and over. It's very spamable.

I left marcurio at home now, i have a necklace so i can have more stuff in my inventory. No longer need a follower. I has lydia for the deathlord thing but she died in about ten seconds, she was shit. Im not going to babysit a follower, marcurio could hold his own and so should any other followers.

I sacrificed that Marcurio prick for Boethiah.

I was home sick again yesterday. I felt like shit, but I had an entire day of Skyrim; and it worked out pretty well as I needed to burn out some of my paid sick hours before the year. So, I basically got paid for playing Skyrim yesterday. I started the Thieves' Guild quests, did a shit ton of pish posh errands for people in Riften who all needed 5+ of an expensive ingredient I could make into a banging potion. 10 fire salts? Are you fucking kidding me? 5 Ice Wraith Teeth? Fuck me! I also got the majority of the College of Winterhold missions. I saved last night at 3AM inside Labrinthia or whatever to get the Staff of Magnum Condoms so I can hopefully shove it up the ass of the Elf, Arcano or whatever. I came to the College to party; not to deal with this shit. I have kind of enjoyed the College missions and stop by there regularly to steal ingredients and sell my magical findings. Much better than having to go see that shithead in Dragon's Reach.

I got my Speech skill to 100 by mashing the "A" button with the guy in the Black Briar Meadery; while watching "Top Chef" on the TV. I would switch back to the game to make sure I was still talking to him and to check my progress. I think it took an entire day in game. As soon as I hit 100, he was like, "You have to leave."

I'm loving this game and can't wait to get back into it when I get off work today!

Man I've had a few sick days recently but I've been genuinely stuck up in bed with it at the same time, feels like such a waste of a day. I stole those Fire Salts and Ice Wraith teeth from places I reckon they won't respawn. :( I really enjoyed the beginning of the the Mages College but I haven't gone back yet, I don't know what's up with me. Christmas weekend.. plenty of Skyrimming time.

My girlfriend is playing as a Khajiit, so I'm calling them the cuteywuteywuvie race. Also, Stoic - Remember my ex? The ub3r fitty? We're back together. B)

Really? With Chuck? That is the most incredible news I have ever heard, I shit thee not. My heart is happy.

Now fuck the hell out of her and make her call you Stoic.

Yeah buddy! We're staying in a hotel for NYE, I'll be sure to whip out Stoic just before I donkey punch her. Zing!

Has any body gotten the Ebony Mail yet?

Yeah buddy! We're staying in a hotel for NYE, I'll be sure to whip out Stoic just before I donkey punch her. Zing!

I really am glad you're back together. You can tell her that. "The American shithead from the internet is glad we're back together." If by chance you get married, invite me to the wedding. I'll make the trip. Swear to god.

You've got to be fucking kidding me...

http://www.reddit.co..._jars/?sort=top

Maybe this is the DLC? I hope it really is something and not just "fingerless gluvs" all over again.

There's got to be something to it. If not, it's the biggest coincidence in history. Not gaming history, no, all of history.

If by chance you get married, invite me to the wedding. I'll make the trip. Swear to god.

That reminds me, I was actually going to go to Heartless' wedding when he invited everyone on the forums a couple years ago. Fuck.

I really am glad you're back together. You can tell her that. "The American shithead from the internet is glad we're back together." If by chance you get married, invite me to the wedding. I'll make the trip. Swear to god.

Thanks man. :) Will you bring some of these other chumps too? We can stop off at Pieface's and beat the shit out of him. Then form a manada de lobos!!

There's got to be something to it. If not, it's the biggest coincidence in history. Not gaming history, no, all of history.

That reminds me, I was actually going to go to Heartless' wedding when he invited everyone on the forums a couple years ago. Fuck.

I just read through the runes article, I thought it was trolling initially. There's no way in Oblivion that's coincidence!

You're formally invited, Massy. Get your gas masked ass on a plane. ;) But not for a while yet.. We've got some travelling to do before we settle down.

Aaaaand to keep this shit on topic. I got the Ebony Mail last night from Boethiah's champion. It's amazing. I've been punching people and then letting them attack me while the mail kills them.

I've played about 30 hours. Not getting into it like I was into Fallout 3. Not sure why. I'm finding the dungeons a little repetitive. I also find playing as a mage very dull, as I slaughter everything with ease. Thinking about a stealth archer vampire next.

Also, the next cunt I see posting variations of "...then I took an arrow to the knee" is going to take a machete to the jugular.

Protip: Have a secondary weapon for your stealth archer. My guy is a stealth archer, and it doesn't even work as a character half the time, because there's either too many enemies at once to pick off before they all run at you, you get attacked before you see the enemy so you can't sneak up on them, or you spend half the game in small caves with no room to sneak up on anyone/you cant see far enough.

It's fun outside or if there's only 1-2 enemies you need to pick off but otherwise the 'stealth' aspect of stealth characters in general fails pretty badly in combat situations. Which is why I have a kickass warhammer incase I need to get up close.

Yeah I always make sure i'm well hidden before I try any sneak attacks, i'm using an epic enchanted Ebony bow at the moment and it kills most things in one or two hits with the 3x sneak bonus. I also have an Elven dagger and sword as backup in case foes do close in.

About the Black Star, if I enchant a weapon with it is it stuck there for good? I'm waiting to find a good weapon to use it in just in case that happens.

The Black Star works the same way as a soul gem, but it doesn't destroy on enchanting, it just empties.

Once a weapon is enchanted you can't remove it as far as I'm aware of. I don't even think you can destroy it for the enchantment again, because it wouldn't be relevant seeing as you have already learnt that enchantment.

So don't worry about saving it for a good weapon, because you'll be able to apply the same enchantments to every bow you own if you wanted to.

So it stays in my inventory? Aight, aight coo'. One thing that pisses me off with soul gems is that all my grand soul gems get filled with lesser soul. Meh.

Yeah it's best to carry them around when you know you're going to kill humans for grand souls. Or just try not to kill small creatures on the way otherwise you'll get crappy gems.

-----------------------------------------------------

I think they plan on doing more, but this is the only one I've seen as of yet from these guys.

I've seen someone create the Gourmet 'Potage le Magnifique' somewhere on the web also.