i hope this is just a scaled down version of the map and that Los Santos is a lot bigger looking cause that is a little small then what was said about the city.

ps i bet the top right corner is where the military base would be put but it could be the middle of the country side.

That is the size of Los Santos man, accept it. When you've sat there looking at screenshots for as long as some of us in this thread, you notice that the city does feel bigger in-game (from the screens and footage) than it does on the map. I'm happy with the size of it. I know the story and exploration will still be amazing, it's GTA after all. I couldn't care less about the size.

GTA III's map was small, but the first time you played it, was it really that small, did it even matter?

There is also a little more of LS, not much but it's obvious some parts are cut off from that map. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few other towns in the game, like Blueberry and stuff in SA. Perhaps they will be quite sizable as well.

The map is pretty much shaping up as we've been mapping it so far... :) They still seem to be hiding to top end of the map from us.

Here's another good quality version of the blueprint map based on it's real dimensions:

Also from this, do you guys think it will be a simple cut-off point of the land below the city, leaving the ocean to explore there? Or perhaps there is more countryside down there, or maybe the city continues slightly more down there.

I think it's be lower than that tbh, more like this:

THcO4cO.jpg

i get the picture that help a lot i was going to say the rest would be big with little towns till i looked closer to the map and saw part of ls was missing and i saw some thing that looked like a race track on the map.

plus if you look at it in the right way you will see that LS is bigger then LC. but i still don't know how the air port is maped for this is only a small chunk of the map.

Only thing is, I don't believe Rockstar lied about the size. People might have misinterpreted what they meant, but like what some others have said, when they mean bigger than RDR, GTAIV, etc...I'll bet they were combining total map size of the city, the country side, and underwater in their figures while other people took it to mean the city would be bigger and that isn't what they said.

Edit:

Had to fix a typo before the grammar police ticketed me.

Only thing is, I don't believe Rockstar lied about the size. People might have misinterpreted what they meant, but like what some others have said, when they mean bigger than RDR, GTAV, etc...I'll bet they were combining total map size of the city, the country side, and underwater in their figures while other people took it to mean the city would be bigger and that isn't what they said.

GTA V will end up being a lot more vertical than GTA lV or Red Dead Redemption, with there being mountains ( which didn't even exist in GTA lV ), and the ocean floor counting this time ( like Deep-Sea Trenches and the like ). This is what Rockstar was inferring when talking about GTA V's size ( very cleverly and cryptically, making it seem much larger than it actually was ).

So even if Los Santos is smaller than Liberty City ( which it definitely is/ Rockstar even stated it ), GTA V's entire game world ( including the countryside and parts of the ocean ) will still end up having a lot more variation than GTA lV ever had ( when it comes to landscapes and unique locations ).

I haven't read a lot or what's on the map but, how do we know that's not just one island?. Like I said I havent read anything yet just throwing it out there.

Me wonders why the lakes and rivers are a powder blue but the ocean isn't. Makes it real difficult to tell where the land stops.

This looks about right, looking at the roads.

20fp91j.jpg

I wonder how big the countryside will be....

I hope you're right...

That looks about right to me. The freeway would be roughly the same width as GTA IV's bridges, and they're pretty close there. The IV map needs to be scaled up just a bit.

I don't think our banana-flavored friend was exactly right about the size of the city, but Los Santos proper does look a little smaller than Liberty. If you compact Liberty (no rivers), it's a lot closer, but I still think Liberty is a tad larger.

8ZfYFOg.jpg

oInQfNu.jpg

Why did you trim the map on the top pic? That's a river not a border line. There's more land to the east.

Also, why you no put LC map too? You always put LC map.

Well all of that stuff on top certainly doesn't look like part of the city to me.

In that sequence of images he was trying to fit the city in the map to his mock-up that he made a while ago, (possibly) proving the point that the city is quite small. But from some other comparisons, like to IV's map and from the picture with the blimp it looks pretty big.

This is also fairly interesting: if this is correct, the city will be fucking huge

25ggbhh.jpg

That was my point exactly, a couple of pages back. The map always seems to make things look smaller, maybe it's the bold roads. But looking at the City within the screenshots, the inner city sprawls back for miles.

I can't wait to see what TreeFitty thinks of it all. From what I've read here I think Banana Pudding was pretty close with the size of LS and I think Dupzor's superimposed map is pretty close. Aside from what looks to be a race track, is there anything else anyone sees that hasn't been spoken about?

I can't wait to see what TreeFitty thinks of it all. From what I've read here I think Banana Pudding was pretty close with the size of LS and I think Dupzor's superimposed map is pretty close. Aside from what looks to be a race track, is there anything else anyone sees that hasn't been spoken about?

Well now that you mention it, no-one has mentioned this little series of islands/rocks off the shore on the south east side of the mainland. What if it's, for example, a prime diving spot?

1Or0BvA.jpg