Neither do I, all I do mainly is just cruise around really. Or explore shit, or try and get people to chase me to see if i can outrun them.

And what I meant by suggesting the cruise system, is that by even joining the crew of this site, you'd be able to automatically join freeroams with people that want to play similarly. I havent even used it so im still a bit skeptical about how it will work. Either way im almost always going to be found out driving on country roads.

Well that is pretty neat. You guys are fuckin cool, and I didn't quite understand how the crew thing works. I haven't played Max Payne 3, only read of it.

If we are all in a crew what benefits does that grant us? Even if we aren't Xbox friends would we be able to invite crew members into games to back us up?

More that I think of it, back up would serve me well because I talk A LOT of shit online lol. I back it up, but friends wouldn't hurt.

Also I have always wanted to try some creative shit that I can't get enough people to do. I have great ideas for some drills that would create like the most elite bad ass motherfuckers in GTA.

Imagine some ass clown on the map is fucking everyone's groove up somehow. Then imagine that 8 motherfuckers all skydive down, pull chutes very low, land, and all shoot that cocksucker with RPG's.... Yeah drink it in.

It would be sweet.

HaHa, I dont play xbox but I'm usually the ass clown on the ps3 freemodes that fucks with everybody. My goal is to get them all to come after me, and most of the time when I have 4 or 5 of them pursuing me, I still fuck them up again and again. I know it really burns them cause they keep coming back for more and more. I never give them the benefit, if I'm finally cornered or about to get wacked I usually leave right before hand. Nothing sweeter than knowing they all got wacked 3 or 4 times, spent the energy for revenge and never got the chance.

Back on subject, hope its at least as good as IV so I can fuck with more people in a newer city.

Ok I didn't have the patience to print screen then crop then upload just to say this, but I just saw a response by rockstar on the newswire saying

"

R* M11 hours, 1 minute agoReply

@KONGPALERMO We don't have details to share about the possibility of Multiplayer in GTAV at the moment. Ciao"

"

What is that supposed to mean.. Maybe it's just faulty wording, but why would they make it sound like multiplayer may not be included. They've been talking about crews transfering over to gta 5 multiplayer and I believe I heard it was well underway durring the initial magazine detail releases, but still wtf.

Saying somthing like "we don't have details to share about the multiplayer in gtav at the moment" would suggest they don't have details they are able to share.

On the other hand, saying they dont have details on the "POSSIBILITY of multiplayer" makes it sound like multiplayer is still up in the air and may not be included.

Feeling paranoid.. some one slap some sense into me. Am I over annalyzing their wording, or is their a possibility that they've changed their plans for multiplayer.

[January 30th, 2013, 10pm]

Rockstar North Dev #1: Well, that's another late night wrapped up. I hate keeping the guys here so late, but it's been worth it - just two months until release!

Rockstar North Dev #2: Yep, we're in the home stretch. Let's take another look at the checklist.

[The two look over the checklist of features in the game]

Dev #1: Got it, got it, got it...

Dev #2: ... wait a minute.

Dev #1: What?

Dev #2: Here at the bottom of the page. It says "Page 1 of 2."

Dev #1: [suddenly wearing reflective sunglasses and a state trooper hat] Mother of God.

[The pair frantically rifles through several piles of paper of varying height looking for page 2. Desks and chairs are overturned, cubicles are dismantled, and computers are thrown through windows amidst the chaos]

Dev #1: I found it!

Dev #2: What's it say?!

[Dev #1 looks at the paper, and finds only one item printed on it]

Dev #1: [stunned] It says... it says...

Dev #2: What? It says what?

Dev #1: M-m-m... M-multiplayer.

[Dev #2's jaw drops to the floor with a heavy thump]

Dev #1: We forgot the multiplayer...

[Dev #2 picks up his jaw]

Dev #1: We forgot the fucking multiplayer! What the fuck are we going to do?!

[Dev #2 forcefully slaps Dev #1]

Dev #2: Pull yourself together man!

Dev #1: What do we do?!

[Dev #2 slaps Dev #1 again, for no apparent reason]

Dev #2: Calm down. We can fix this. We can fix this...

[The next morning]

Dear all,

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours,

The GTA Team

[Fin]

------------------------------------

Seriously though, you're reading too much into it. GTA V certainly has multiplayer, they've mentioned it a couple times. They wouldn't have bothered with crews if the feature were only going to be used for Max Payne 3.

Rest assured, all is well.

• Like 7

Now that I got over my paranoid "They had to remove free roam multiplayer" moment, I'm pretty excited to see how in depth character customization will be.

Durring the gameplay demo it was pointed out that when switching between michael, trevor, and franklin, there was was one fourth blacked out spot. It was speculated that the spot would be filled by ones multiplayer character. I'm picturing one will have to design multiple characters which will be used throughout game modes (Police/law enforcement, gang member/bank robber, ect.) and once finished they can select one to use in free roam games and free for all game modes (this would be the character displayed as the fourth option aside from michael, trevor, and franklin).

As far as the depth of customization I'm thinking there will be a decent amount of presets to choose from (many of which will have to be unlocked through leveling up). Looking at some of the pedestrians and protagonists we've seen so far I think it's safe to assume there will be a varried amount of choices in faces, hair style, tattoos, accessories, head gear, shirts, pants, and shoes.

With each game rockstar have published the character customization has improved (from gta 4's limited options, to red deads choice between tons of characters, and most recently max paynes decent selection for customization). I'm really excited to see what they've done with gta 5's, I'm sure they won't dissapoint.

I want the skydiving to be more fun, i want to jump from a higher point instead of 1 mile in the air.

Or jump from a point where you can see the map in "google earth" style.

What i'm trying to say is, I want to fly to a very very high point so I have more time to enjoy falling down.

I hope the player model customization has improved.. I want to pick an outfit that looks good rather than pick an outfit that's the least ugliest out of all the ugly outfits.

I hope the player model customization has improved.. I want to pick an outfit that looks good rather than pick an outfit that's the least ugliest out of all the ugly outfits.

Indeed. IV had a pathetic outfit assortment <_<

• Like 2

I'm sure it will be. Gta 4 was rockstars first attempt with an open world multiplayer game mode so it's sort of understandable that the customization was lacking and the level up system was tedious and flawed.

Its pretty safe to assume their will be multiplayer free roam and going by the style of red dead redemptions gang hideouts; I think that gta 5's version of this will be heist missions. Banks, postoffices, jewellers etc will be the loctations where you and your online crew, similar to red deads posses will be able to rob rob.

Co-Op

In an interview with Dan Houser, IGN was able to confirm that co-op would not be in GTA V's story.

It would be impossible to do that and keep the level of precision we've got in this. You could make a great co-op game, but we felt that we're doing other bits of our multiplayer that will fulfill those desires in ways we think are very fun.

No single-console co-op. No splitscreen.
iGTA5

I really want to see a free roam multiplayer mode that retains singleplayer elements. RDR free roam was awesome, except it was more of a free for all on a larger scale. Maybe multiplayer hunting? See who can bag the most coyotes in 10 minutes.

Random events in multiplayer would be awesome. Have it where maybe say a semi truck full of weapons crashed and all the players are alerted. Could be a king of the hill type event.

Capture and defend points could be interesting. If you capture the airport and hold it, you will be able to continue having air support to take other points. Could be conquest in GTA V.

Co-Op

In an interview with Dan Houser, IGN was able to confirm that co-op would not be in GTA V's story.

It would be impossible to do that and keep the level of precision we've got in this. You could make a great co-op game, but we felt that we're doing other bits of our multiplayer that will fulfill those desires in ways we think are very fun.

No single-console co-op. No splitscreen.
iGTA5

Totally forgot about that statement. Still it's a pity as I think the way they have set it up with the 3 playable characters the game would have leant its self very well to the co-op option oh well I guess it's a moot point now

You know how there will be crews in gta 5 mp, well i hope they incorporate an allies type thing between crews, it would be cool to see an member from an ally crew and fuck shit up with them, and if they have crew only abilities such as multiplayer heists, and such.

So with the way heists are going to played out, how you have to hire people and all that, it got me thinking. They could use that in multiplayer, especially with the Crew system now implemented. In my mind, something similar to the Co-op missions in RDR, where you have have to pick your Tier, could work for co-op missions. But I think they'll do something a little more involved and rewarding.

I think instead of the previous leveling systems we've seen in VI and RDR, we're going to see something with alot more RPG elements. The stats from single player will roll over into MP (maybe the Special, but probably not), and you'll have to level up that way, along with XP. Also, you'll have to pick a class just like the people you can hire for missions, ie driver, mechanic, etc.

Going even farther, if all that comes into play, we could also expect to see a weapons system similar to CoD, where we can build our own classes and such based on how much money make and yadayada.

Just a few thoughts I had.

Straight from Rockstar Support's twitter:

@EricDeeJay " We do not approve of cheating, and are preparing extensive anti-cheat measures for GTA V. " I wasn't sure where to post this, because I wasn't sure if anyone in the multiplayer topic would of seen it. Because no one had posted on it in days. https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport

I hope they're talking about modders. Having your and all your friends xbox freeze because you tried to kick a modder for modding everyone to death sucks.