TreeFitty

iGTA Crew Discussion (ranks, emblems, etc)

icon11.gif

ya I've done a few times, having to run an image through that for a second time after editing them in illustrator. its weird

just make a fucking HUGE jpeg to run though it and it should give a perfect retrace

instead of posting this on the news feed, like i have so far, i might as well put it in it's proper spot, the crew discussion topic... we've been rocking the jackal for quite some time now, and i do like the logo, but i'd love to have the freedom of swapping back and forth with other logos again... perhaps we could work on designing a new jackal soon ;)...

anywho, i used dup's existing, editable logo, and made it thicker... i really like the look, and it's interchangeable...

04955dafd1e83cf99eb6c544bd4bd3d1cb56e35f27427a453c3ca9483de3365181387d8e5b3a5c56

and yes, it even looks good in orange B)...

287291b9e14f5504d03953b79ae4c34761d70874

we might be able to do some cool things with the logo, there's a small space above and below for adding themed art or what-have-ya... anyways, i just wanted to share that with you guys... maybe we could open this up for discussion? tell me your thoughts...

• Like 1

It's not like the current emblem is good, either.

As much as I hate the jackal, the previous jackal emblem had a matching art style, at least. The current jackal has always looked odd with the iGTA logo.

the best jackal logo was the one where he was creeping behind the igta...

while i like the current one, i don't give a shit if we lose it... i want flexibility, i want to be able to change the logo whenever, and if that means getting rid of a hacked one, then so be it... i don't want to be stuck with that logo forever...

Is this more of a democracy decision or is it just that's that? I don't mind either logo but the jackal looks wrong to me - too much like a pet dog than at all threatening but still

the best jackal logo was the one where he was creeping behind the igta...

That was the only jackal logo I found tolerable.

he looked mischievous :lol:.. i could try to recreate that one, there's far less elements to it...

make a poll

new jackal is better. just the head makes more sense for the emblem. you can see more detail cause it's larger size. not trying to get the whole body in the box

the other one when he was barely seen behind it was stupid. just pointlessly there

• Like 1

I never liked the creeping jackal, he looked apologetic or sheepish, and the graphic never looked good in-game. That said, the current jackal is well-defined, so it looks great in every size (cars, jackets, crests), and the red tongue gives a nice contrasting pop. Those are the reasons why I like it, not because it's a jackal...other than the initial hysterics over people being AFK to do a dirty jackal, it's not like it's a huge thing if we decide to change it.

I never really liked the jackal. It was a phrase that turned into a bad joke (as in, our mascot).

I say we should just have interesting typology. Good looking text. And maybe just change the colour for different occasions...

• Like 1

We've had the jackal for quite some time now, and as DuPz said the joke has died. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping the jackal as our mascot but a new logo would be cool.

Not keen on the orange though, how bout the old gold instead?

ok, i'm changing our crew logo to the white igta one later today...

04955dafd1e83cf99eb6c544bd4bd3d1cb56e35f

as i stated earlier, we can change the colors of the letters at any time, and we can even add stuff to the logo for themed events... i think we all had our fun with the glitched jackal logo, and it seems that most of you were ready for change... like i said, i'd prefer to have the flexibility back of being able to change the logo on the fly... perhaps one day me or dio will make a new jackal logo that we could rock for nostalgia purposes ;)...