CaPn bOnEs

Mad Max

Mel Gibson did nothing wrong. Except for basically all of his political beliefs.

ahhh, but the bigger question is; will a new fallout be coming out around the same date?? E3 presser is getting closer B)...

Doubt it. We'd hear about Fallout IV at least a year in advance.

colin and greg made a good point a while back when bethesda announced the E3 presser... they dropped skyrim that fall when they officially announced it... unless they're wrong, that means that fallout 4 is nearing completion... todd howard's team is pretty good at keeping the lid on projects...

i dunno, i got faith, but i won't be disappointed if i had to wait until next year...

Surprised nobody's posted here since its release. I picked it up on a whim after watching a bit of gameplay and I must say i'm thoroughly enjoying it despite the majority of reviews saying it wasn't that good. I particularly love the sandstorms, watching the front of dust get closer on the horizon then finally hitting with a cacophonous roar. The car combat is pretty fun and challenging if you go unprepared and don't upgrade your car... which is another thing I love, being able to choose from a range of car bodies and slowly upgrade it with flamethrowers, spiked rims and the like. It doesn't feel forced because you can try to beat convoys armed with just a shotgun, harpoon and four wheels but it makes it so much harder.

There are a few minor bugs but on the whole it plays pretty well and looks quite nice, especially when you look towards Gastown at night and see the plumes of flame lighting up the sky. I would've liked to have seen more of a tie-in with the water mechanic forcing you to drink or become dehydrated. Water should be a necessity to stop you losing health, not something to drink to help you restore health... oh and I particularly enjoy eating maggots from rotting corpses, much fun.

• Like 1

i am saving my money unfortunately, and didn't feel the need to buy a game i know i wont finish... hell, i still haven't even finished witcher 3... i am gonna rent it soon tho... i'll squeeze it in before fallout 4, and in between still playing GTAO...

the fallout 4 announcement seriously killed anything i was slightly interested in this fall...

• Like 1

I'm glad you posted about it, Vicey - I saw both you and Otiz playing it over the weekend, and even messaged Otiz about it on PSN to ask how it is...we watched the movie last weekend a couple of times, and both my man and I are curious about the game and whether it's worth it or not. Otiz's verdict - fun, but not at full price (he split the cost with a co-worker). So we might rent it instead and give it a trial run, or just wait for it to drop in price.

Otiz was streaming it the other day and I agree with just about everyone else here.

This ones a bargain bin purchase.

Not worth full price.

I'm glad you posted about it, Vicey - I saw both you and Otiz playing it over the weekend, and even messaged Otiz about it on PSN to ask how it is...we watched the movie last weekend a couple of times, and both my man and I are curious about the game and whether it's worth it or not. Otiz's verdict - fun, but not at full price (he split the cost with a co-worker). So we might rent it instead and give it a trial run, or just wait for it to drop in price.

Well I got it for £37.99 off Amazon, not cheap but not as expensive as some games which can go up to £50. I had finished Far Cry 4 which was a pretty short game really so I wanted something to pass the time until Fallout.

The northern part of the map reminds me of New Vegas somewhat and the Buzzard faction members look like the Ghost People from Dead Money.

Well I got it for £37.99 off Amazon, not cheap but not as expensive as some games which can go up to £50. I had finished Far Cry 4 which was a pretty short game really so I wanted something to pass the time until Fallout.

The northern part of the map reminds me of New Vegas somewhat and the Buzzard faction members look like the Ghost People from Dead Money.

Far Cry 4 took me so long! I pretty much 100%'d it though.

Far Cry 4 took me so long! I pretty much 100%'d it though.

Well i'm just talking about the story, I collected all the masks and had done most of the posters then got bored and played through again, which took me another 3-4 days to finish. There was no reason to bother collecting everything, whereas with Mad Max i'm enjoying taking my time with the story, doing side quests and fixing up the strongholds.

just getting started B)... a bit of a learning curve tho and they keep throwing new abilities at me lol... i like it so far tho, but looking at the map tells me that i have a lot of repetitiveness ahead of me, just like any open world game :P...

here's a few screens... i do appreciate the camera mode, every new game should have this by now :rolleyes:...

IMG_5612.JPG

IMG_5614.JPG

IMG_5613.JPG

I think everyone who played this has taken that last shot, I know I did. Gas Town does look so pretty smoking away in the distance.

This games Ok. Combat isn't bad. driving is a bit shit. I really want a handbreak.

Best thing about it is I haven't tried to get in the left side of the car once yet.

• Like 1