CaPn bOnEs

Mad Max

ahh, 3 is too campy for me... i like it, but if it were toned down a bit i'd fucking love it... master blaster, the thunderdome, all that shit is cool... but the 2nd one is hands down the best of the series... i fucking love the road warrior...

the first one is OK too, but it's definitely not the one to judge the series off of... it's not quite as exciting as the other two... it sets the story of the lone wanderer and the world he lives in...

• Like 1

It wasn't. Road warrior was a huge step away from the original movie which was just mel gibson hunting down and killing people. I think it said at the start of road warrior something about the apocalypse having happened recently. I could be wrong though. It has been a long time.

If you recall they didn't do the voice acting in the game as of august, fir a game that big I'd imagine that would take awhile to do and then put it in the game, so I'm going to asume that's what's going on here. I really hope this game becomes a reality, I need stuff too look forward too

the 2nd one takes place some years after the events of the 1st movie (right?)... he's now the lone wanderer, trying to find a way to keep on surviving, no matter what it takes... until he gets a soft heart, like all anti-heros do :P... the reason why i am so excited about this game is because i really think it's mostly based off of the road warrior... the first one felt kind of open world, but he was on a mission... and the 3rd one was very confined and limited... he spent most of the movie in a slave city, which is why the pitt (fallout 3) is so cool... the road warrior feels completely like an open world...

/rambling...

• Like 3

Another red flag with this game, at least for me, is that it is/was produced to be a tie in with a Mad Max movie comming in 2015.... usually video games that tie into movies suck.

Something is starting to feel a bit off to me. Aussie cars (well, right-hand drive), but what looks like an American landscape,with an American narrator? And West Coast Customs??? WTF

Damn yanks already took our vegemite and Holden...

Edit: This is Aussie post-apoc landscape. Get it right, people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCmcV4gC_0

• Like 3

So, how are they going to explain the right-hand drive cars? If it's not in Australia, it's not Mad Max. End of story. :no:

How about we make a Huckleberry Finn game set in Sydney with Tom Sawyer driving a Commodore, drinking VB, and beating up EFFNIX!

I do agree, the game looks beautiful.

• Like 2

Something is starting to feel a bit off to me. Aussie cars (well, right-hand drive), but what looks like an American landscape,with an American narrator? And West Coast Customs??? WTF

Damn yanks already took our vegemite and Holden...

Edit: This is Aussie post-apoc landscape. Get it right, people!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLCmcV4gC_0

This game was produced for a movie..

But, they did say were gonna get an Australian voice actor for the voice

Actually, as it turns out, this was never meant to be a tie-in for the movie.

Fury Road was first conceived in 2003, and was shelved. In 2009, a 3D animated Mad Max movie was planned, It would use pieces or Fury Road's plot, and there would be a tie-in game. The game (which Avalanche was never involved in) and movie were both scrapped, and Fury Road was supposedly in pre-production that same year. The current game was never intended to be a tie-in for a movie, which Avalanche made clear two months after its announcement.The movie and game are both releasing next year because Fury Road initially started filming 18 months late, and has since been through constant delays, including doing re-shoots for over a year.

I'll play this just so I'm not always trying to get in the passenger seat when I'm driving.

Also, Australia has a west coast guys...

Guys?

Actually, as it turns out, this was never meant to be a tie-in for the movie.

Fury Road was first conceived in 2003, and was shelved. In 2009, a 3D animated Mad Max movie was planned, It would use pieces or Fury Road's plot, and there would be a tie-in game. The game (which Avalanche was never involved in) and movie were both scrapped, and Fury Road was supposedly in pre-production that same year. The current game was never intended to be a tie-in for a movie, which Avalanche made clear two months after its announcement.The movie and game are both releasing next year because Fury Road initially started filming 18 months late, and has since been through constant delays, including doing re-shoots for over a year.

http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Mad_Max_(2014_video_game)

The first teaser trailer for the game was revealed at a Sony press conference at E3 2013. Dr.D studios were no longer involved directly with developing the game, with the developers from the Just Cause series - Avalanche Studios - becoming the main developers.

That wiki has failed to note that this is a completely different game. The other game was a tie-in for the scrapped animated movie, and that game was scrapped alongside it.

Furthermore, it implies that Avalanche picked up a work in progress, which is not the case.

http://www.joystiq.c...-games-tend-to/

I no right! I could keep saying "know your wrong", at least we'd have something to talk about.

*odd silence*

Ill just have to wait until rotten tomatoes reviews it...

Avalanche Studios is in Stockholm, Sweden. Initially. Sweden supplied Germany with steel and machine parts during WWII, but began rescuing Jews in 1943. Ultimately, Sweden proved to be against Hitler's cause, though they only did as much as they could get away with without risking German occupation.

They're pussies, certainly, but they don't seem to be Hitler sympathizers.

Also, since guests can't see the Rants & Raves section, this part of the conversation is going to seem random, to anyone who can't see the Religion topic.

• Like 3