CaPn bOnEs

Mad Max

I fancy myself a huge Mad Max fan--to the point where my friend and I are working to engineer an electronically controlled, toggle-able supercharger, like the Interceptor. Needless to say, I haven't stopped ejaculating since announcement. It's kinda a problem. I'm getting dehydrated.

Well the supercharger problem can be solved with an A/C compressor like clutch system in the pulley allowing it to freewheel.

We have that in the design, but the issue is, an engine has to be tuned differently for natural aspiration and forced induction, hence our use of a late-model, fuel injected, computer monitored Pontiac GTO (basically a Holden Monaro). We're working on a computer program that would adjust the valve timing, fuel pump, etc. through the vehicles internal computer to seamlessly and safely transition between natural aspiration and forced induction

We have that in the design, but the issue is, an engine has to be tuned differently for natural aspiration and forced induction, hence our use of a late-model, fuel injected, computer monitored Pontiac GTO (basically a Holden Monaro). We're working on a computer program that would adjust the valve timing, fuel pump, etc. through the vehicles internal computer to seamlessly and safely transition between natural aspiration and forced induction

Gezz you guys are hardcore i can barely turn my computer on.

lol, the fucking internet is so retarded... did you read any of the comments??

where's mel gibson?!

where's the gameplay?!

*facepalm*

With the Mel Gibson thing, I think that he was joking.

And to me the Trailer looked kind of average, I think this game could go either way so far. Either the Aliens Colonial Marines route, or ( hopefully ) the Far Cry 3 route.

Only time will tell if this game will turn out to be good. I think I'll reserve judgement until more information is revealed and some gameplay is shown closer to the Release Date. It's definitely got an interesting premise though.

i was just generalizing the general response, they weren't exact quotes...

there was gameplay, and no, there's no mel gibson... i wouldn't even want him in the role in the first place... he's too old, he doesn't fit the role anymore, and he'd cost a fortune to voice and model... but i can see the complaint with no australian accents... either way, people expect too much from trailers like this and always get disappointed... it looked awesome to me, and they picked an awesome song as well...

the car combat and hand to hand looks fun...

• Like 1

i was just generalizing the general response, they weren't exact quotes...

there was gameplay, and no, there's no mel gibson... i wouldn't even want him in the role in the first place... he's too old, he doesn't fit the role anymore, and he'd cost a fortune to voice and model... but i can see the complaint with no australian accents... either way, people expect too much from trailers like this and always get disappointed... it looked awesome to me, and they picked an awesome song as well...

the car combat and hand to hand looks fun...

I saw the "where's Mel Gibson?!" comment on YouTube too, it's the top comment right now, and is most definitely a joke.

I don't really care if it's voiced by an Australian either ( and it's way too expensive to use Mel Gibson ). Plus most people don't even know that in Mad Max 2 " The Road Warrior", and Mad Max 3 "Beyond The Thunderdome" he was told to suppress his thick Australian accent, after the bad American accent dub of the original Mad Max.

So I wouldn't mind an Australian putting on a bit of an American accent in the game, just like in the Mad Max movies.

And the reason why I said it looked kind of average so far, was because of the bland landscapes, the crappy character models, the V8 interceptor didn't look right ( I think that's because of the customization mechanics for Max's car which are said to be in the game ). The hand to hand combat looked average ( seen it before ), same with the boring gunplay. Overall I wasn't thoroughly impressed by what I saw. Nothing stood out when compared to past games as exceptional ( like other post-apocalyptic games like Fallout, Borderlands, or even Rage ). I just hope that the Dev's step up their game a bit, because they have great source material at their fingertips, and I don't want another mishandling of a classic movie like we saw with Aliens Colonial Marines ( remember that looked great in the Trailers as well ).

i know nothing about aliens colonial marines...

i thought it felt like mad max, which is more important to me than seeing used elements... and this is the wasteland, it's suppose to look bland... i see your arguments, but things like that don't matter to me, i just want to have fun...

i know nothing about aliens colonial marines...

i thought it felt like mad max, which is more important to me than seeing used elements... and this is the wasteland, it's suppose to look bland... i see your arguments, but things like that don't matter to me, i just want to have fun...

Same, I want fun too.

But if it degenerates into another Aliens Colonial Marines, it won't be fun.

Info about Aliens: CM ~ Aliens Colonial Marines came out in February 2013, and was probably one of the biggest disappointments in the last couple of years. It was touted as the spiritual successor to Aliens ( the movie directed by James Cameron ). But turned out to be one of the most generic pieces of shit ever to be spawned in the Game Industry. Some disgruntled gamers even started a lawsuit saying that the Developers deliberately misrepresented what the final version of the game would actually be like. With a totally different Demo experience ( much better than the original game ), and heavily pre-rendered trailers which gave the game a much more polished look and feel then what was actually in the final game.

I was dumb enough to buy this game, and got a massive dose of buyers remorse as a reward. After which it's not surprising to say that I became extra careful about future purchases. Aliens Colonial Marines Metacritic PS3 Userscore: 3.3/ 10.0

I don't think Mad Max will be as bad ( for a game inspired from a movie ). I just feel pessimistic that it can live up to it's source material ( The Road Warrior is a Classic ). At least it's being made by the creators of Just Cause 1 & 2.

I wonder whether Mad Max's Game World will be reminiscent of Australia. We have some interesting locations in the Outback.

Like Devils Marbles ~

p3_i.jpg

And The Olgas ~

the_olgas02.jpg

Tennant Creek Hot Springs ~

ATDW_Large_Landscape__9025950_NTTC_11288256.jpg

The Bungle Bungles ~

100_0775a.jpg

The Lost City ~

explore-itineraries-savannah-way.jpg

• Like 1

It would be nice to see some of those in the game. The two movies that were actually good (the first one was awful) only had endless sand, a handful of ruins, and one rocky chasm, so we'll see if they deviate from that.

it's been confirmed by IGN in their rewind video that the main voice has been changed to australian... when fans speak out, they listen... i didn't really care if it was american, but it'll add a little more to the noir... hopefully it was a good decision, because we haven't even heard what the original sounded like...

http://www.ign.com/v...-rewind-theater

plus the steering wheel is on the right side, it's something you rarely see in games, but i'm assuming the camera is centered behind you anyways, and traffic laws don't matter obviously... chances are, if you see another car, you might be getting into a battle...

Well the supercharger problem can be solved with an A/C compressor like clutch system in the pulley allowing it to freewheel.

That's all good and well, but the man's suffering severe dehydration! Likely greatly worsened now that the video is out!