Regardless of what issues are present on launch both consoles will be fantastic consoles. As big a fanboy as BlackSox is, you have to disregard the Amazon reviews for now. Most people will place a negative review before they place a positive review. This is because if they enjoy the product they are busy enjoying the product and if they don't, they feel the need to warn people. There are exceptions of course with people genuinely interested in helping other people with their purchase decisions as well as teenagers who by and large, just want to be heard (no disrepect intended to those here). There will be some Xbox fans who create fake accounts to poorly rate the PS4 but the amount of people will be negligible. At the end of the day, you can't reasonably believe that 25% of people are dissatisfied with either console.

As for the better console, Qd is spot on: the console with the lower specs will dictate the quality of games we receive. Because of this, any discussion on specs relating to games (services, streaming and video/music may be a different story) is irrelevant.

Finally, both consoles will have issues on launch, some minor and potentially some major. Hussain is right in saying both consoles need to be available worldwide before proper judgment can be made. The launch consoles won't be the final versions of each and what you get on launch may not be the day-to-day console you get in the middle-to-end of the cycle.

I will be buying a PS4 not because it's the better console but because it's the better console for me. I've had every PS since the original, never had one until 2-3 years after launch and this time around will probably be the same. I'll be happy with my purchase just like Xbox One buyers will be happy with theirs.

This is a logical and well thought out response.

You're in the wrong place, Barry

• Like 1

How is it logical to say the that the system with the lowest specs will dictate the quality of games on both systems? When we already have proof that the opposite is true.

There is already a noticeable difference in the Resolutions and Frame Rates for games on both the Xbox One and the PS4. With the Xbox One having sub-par versions of the multiplatform games shared between the two systems.

So saying that any discussion in relation to the specs for games on either system is irrelevant is the opposite of logical. It's illogical and out-right wrong.

God I'm sick of the blind ignorance on some of these forums...

So all of my points are invalid and non factual, just because I prefer one system over the other. Why don't you actually read my entire post? Is it because you're biased as well? It's well known that you're an Xbox Fanboy yourself.

Tell me how anything I said was wrong. Or are you not willing to respond to me, because you know that I am right.

My entire post was impartial and fair, whereas that article was full of speculative garbage designed to influence people into perceiving the PS4 negatively.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that you were probably sore over the comment about the Xbox 360's Failure Rate ( which I know that you have ). And it's flawed design which led to it's overheating and fatal system failure ( RROD ). And @JustSmee liking your comment tells me that he ( like most Austalian's ) are so far up Microsoft's ass that they will buy any Xbox product no matter how shit it is.

Keep up your ignorant bullshit, but the Xbox's superiority in the English Speaking world is at an end ( no matter how well it does in Australia/ they're lightweights compared to the other Gaming Countries on the world stage ).

*Peeks my head in, and looks both ways*

Exclusives are the only real big thing for me... and price.

If either one is slightly superior, it's not worth the $100 dollars. I'm going with the ps4 because IMHO Sony isn't as big on the ole' nickle and dime shit.

That is all.

I got a chance to try the PS4 for myself today. The graphics were remarkably unremarkable. I can't wait 'til devs get a strong feel for this gen's tech a few years down the line.

I got a chance to try the PS4 for myself today. The graphics were remarkably unremarkable. I can't wait 'til devs get a strong feel for this gen's tech a few years down the line.

What game did you play? I played a handful of games at Eurogamer this year, and a couple of the games looked okay, where-as others looked great.

Did someone delete a post I made here?

yea, it was off-topic and you were trying to incite a response from blacksox... y'all need to start having an intelligent discussion about the PS4 or i will be forced to close this off-topic flame-fueled fanyboyism spamfest of a thread for good...

Hmm. I felt that is was on topic. He wanted people to prove him wrong. Whether he is wrong or right is irrelevant. People will buy the console regardless of whether or not he is wrong or right.

What game did you play? I played a handful of games at Eurogamer this year, and a couple of the games looked okay, where-as others looked great.

Some third-party generic pinball game, which explains why I was underwhelmed. I'm sure once some actual developers start getting to work, I'll be wowed.

I played Fifa on the PS4 two weeks back, wasn't all impressed, but it did look really good no doubt. Controller felt better too, still not as nice as the Xbox 360 controller.

@Shlong Time Member. You're right that most people will buy whichever console looks better to them, regardless of specs, games & other features. They will more likely buy a new console based on which Brand offered them the more enjoyable experience Last-Gen. Like for instance maybe they thought that there was a better Online Infrastructure for the Xbox 360, and therefor Multiplayer games were stronger on that system.

Or maybe they are looking for the console which looks to have a brighter future when it comes to games, like with Sony's larger stable of 1st Party Developers, ensuring great Exclusive games in the future. Or maybe they think that the Xbox One's controller is the best one ever made, and even though the Dualshock 4 is nice, it still doesn't measure up to the king of FPS. Or maybe they like the PlayStation 4's stronger hardware, meaning better looking Multi-Platform and Exclusive Games as Developers get to grips optimizing new game engines for the new consoles. Or maybe they like the All-In-One entertainment system which the Xbox One has in spades ( even though the cable integration really only benefits Americans/ and the PS4 already has many of the same Apps/ a Blu-Ray Drive/ Internet Explorer & DVR as well ).

Either way, both systems will look very different in a few years with plenty of new features patched in over time. But one of the major things that can't be changed is the Hardware, and this could hurt the Xbox One in the future ( unless they can somehow unlock "the power of the cloud" ).

Really I just wanted to get the facts straight regarding the differences between the two consoles. And because I'm biased towards one over the other ( favouring the PS4 ), it may look like I'm trying to stretch the truth or outright lie. But believe it or not everything I've said was 100% true. I'm just sick of all the disinformation that's been going around lately.

PS4 FTW :)

• Like 3