JamieMilne

First Official Artwork

Maybe we will get a piece of artwork everyday and then the cover of GI will be all of them sliced up like how GTA box arts are. And then it will be revealed "GTA V BOX ART" Just a thought

Just got home from work and i JIZZED IN MY PANTS! Old out of 10?

It is pretty nice, automatically became my wallpaper on many devices. Can't wait for the next month of information!

• Like 1

Also, i dunno why people are trying to compare concepts from previous GTA games. R* are very cultured in the arts, and like to use unique digital painted art styles for each game they make. This new style for GTA V looks pretty crisp, and stylised, and i like it.

• Like 1

^ i love it too. Its cartoony but with a grasp of realism. Like the lighting, the chemtrail coming out of the plane, and the detail of the van door.

Just the trailers, which are all gameplay and cutscenes. They've never had a demo on TV or anything, to my knowledge.

yeah trailers were all a mix of cutscenes and actual gameplay... I remember a lot of talks about that scene with the 180° turn of an infernus, whether it's gameplay or cutszene, and somewhere down the line R* confirmed that this is actual gameplay footage

even R*'s cutscenes are usually in-game... they don't do fancy cinematography like say, the uncharted series does for cutscenes... they keep it all grounded within the game... so everything you see, is from the game itself...

you're right. it's just too obvious that the cutscenes in gta come entirely from the game engine and are not cgi or fancy polished engine output as in other games.

but still the cutscenes are not gameplay footage as in someone plays and records it with whatever tool they use, they're rather a predefined set of actions and camera angles. the list of locations in gta4 suggests they're not even prerendered vidoes but produced "on demand", still they don't show something that would happen when you play the game. the bugstar van scene, for instance, is more likely to be a cutscene than recorded gameplay.

and in the trailers, R* combined both of them.

...that's where I wanted to go with that post.

Just the trailers, which are all gameplay and cutscenes. They've never had a demo on TV or anything, to my knowledge.

They did about 4 hours before release on G4TV.

Saw gameplay on G4 on release day, but I don't remember anything the night before. I stand corrected.

*adds as wallpaper*

I like the artwork. Slightly goes back to the style of SA but not too much to make it look dated, sort of a mix between SA and IV artwork i guess.

Just a thought with them showing us that robbery again, maybe that's the first mission, and you get caught by the cops and slung into jail, or get betray by the rest of the crew and left for dead.

the gas masks look pretty sick. i think having the option to wear one after the misson or somthing would be pretty sweet. just as glasses , and it can be worn with anything else

God.. More info from R* coming up next month... it's like travelling from HELL to HEAVEN :)

Thanks R*, now i'm feeling that i was born back ...!!!

Game informer said they will be revealing the release date for the magizine this week or monday. Does that mean the cover reveal will happen before that or after the annoucement?

Also, i dunno why people are trying to compare concepts from previous GTA games. R* are very cultured in the arts, and like to use unique digital painted art styles for each game they make. This new style for GTA V looks pretty crisp, and stylised, and i like it.

i like the thinner black outline on the action in front, but with the soft defined edges in the background... the older ones had it's own distinct design, and a much thicker stroke, but i like this one over the GTAIV artwork, which has no outline at all... i guess i am just a sucker for stroked edges :P...

plus, that's kinda their style... IV tried something a little different but it didn't have the same punch... the small stroke kinda has a throwback feel to it...

official-gta-v-artwork-pest-control2.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody else have posted something similar, but I just copied and put the two faces next to each other. To me it APPEARS one of the men is the "old guy" and the other one is the "Hispanic guy". But I could be totally wrong...

Opinions?

ps also this may belong in character thread but thought I'd post here since its from the official artwork.

hard to tell because we can't see thier faces.

This is true, I was going by the thick eyebrows (man on left) and wrinkled forehead. The dude on right is harder to tell. Plus "old guy" appeared in scene from trailer. Just an observation.

i just hope this pic isn't hinting at multiple protagonists because im not a big fan of that idea.

HATE HATE HATE that idea. 100% kills immersion for me.

That being said, I don't think R* will do that or let us down. crosses fingers

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Having one protagonist let's you connect with him. Im just scared on what rockstar meant on "bold new direction"... those words scare me.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Having one protagonist let's you connect with him. Im just scared on what rockstar meant on "bold new direction"... those words scare me.

What I'm hoping is that means more indoor stuff. Like the ability to enter way more buildings. That could justify huge map aswel, not just landscape, but interior space. A lot of news coming in a few weeks. Guess we have no choice but to be patient and find out then.

Back on topic.

I like the attention to detail in the artwork. Such as all the detail on the open van door, jet in sky, dented bumper, silencers. It looks like the ground is some sort of cobblestone instead of asphalt, but that may just be art style.

What I'm hoping is that means more indoor stuff. Like the ability to enter way more buildings. That could justify huge map aswel, not just landscape, but interior space. A lot of news coming in a few weeks. Guess we have no choice but to be patient and find out then.

Back on topic.

I like the attention to detail in the artwork. Such as all the detail on the open van door, jet in sky, dented bumper, silencers. It looks like the ground is some sort of cobblestone instead of asphalt, but that may just be art style.

Yup. 100% agree. Im loving ths cartoony feel but with a grasp of realism and detail.

And another side note. The sticker on the fender says BUG 'R' US, but if they are trying to do a parody on TOYS 'R' US It should say BUGS 'R' US.

I never noticed it said BUG' R' US. In that case it's more R* humour, as it sounds like "bugger us." Bugger originally meant to sodimise, but it is common usage over here and has been for many decades. Matter of fact.

As a verb, the word is (potentially accidentally) used by the British to denote sodomy. In the UK, the phrase Bugger me sideways (or a variation thereupon) can be used as an expression of surprise. It can be used as a synonym for 'broken', as in "This PC's buggered," "Oh no! I've buggered it up," or "It's gone to buggery." In Anglophone Southern Africa, "buggered" is colloquially used to describe something, usually a machine or vehicle, as broken but can be repaired, whilst something damaged beyond repair is "fucked."

The phrase bugger off (bug off in American English) means to go, or run, away; when used as a command it means "go away" "get lost" or "leave me alone" and can be seen to be used in much the same type of relatively softly 'offensive' manner.

"I'm buggered" or "I'll be buggered" is used as a colloquial phrase in the UK (and often in New Zealand and Australia as well) to denote or feign surprise at an unexpected (or possibly unwanted) occurrence. "I'm buggered" can also be used to indicate a state of fatigue. In this latter form it found fame in New Zealand in 1956 through rugby player Peter Jones, who - in a live post-match radio interview - declared himself "absolutely buggered", a turn of phrase considered shocking at the time.

It is famously alleged that the last words of King George V were "Bugger Bognor", in response to a suggestion that he might recover from his illness and visit Bognor Regis. (<---LOL) Variations on the phrase bugger it are commonly used to imply frustration, admission of defeat or the sense that something is not worth doing, as in bugger this for a lark or bugger this for a game of soldiers.