Guest Marney-1

What's next from Rockstar Games?

The 70's in England weren't the same as the 70's in America, especially when it comes to the most important thing - the cars. Pretty sure our godlike muscle cars were almost nonexistent, in England. Not to mention, Guy Ritchie has already said anything relevant there is to say, about crime in England.

Yeah I can't see GTA going back to the past, not that I'd mind though.

If there's ever going to be a last GTA it will be one featuring the whole US where we'd be able to drive from Liberty City to Los Santos. That's what I'd like in a couple of decades. If they're ever going to do that, they'll need to add more cities and states.

New York and LA are past their crime heyday, let's see Chicago or Detroit. Maybe even a huge map featuring both cities.

All relevant cities in the US:

New York

Los Angeles

Miami in the 80's, and only in the 80's.

San Francisco

Las Vegas

Seattle

Chicago

Detroit. Sort of.

Boston

Washington, D.C.

The rest is flyover country.

How about a new 'State of Emergency' in New Orleans...? Mass genocidal rampages using whatever is available to hand as a weapon, looting shops, building up survival provisions and create your own safehouse, whilst nature is doing it's thing on the harricane front.

How about a new 'State of Emergency' in Missouri...? Mass genocidal rampages using whatever is available to hand as a weapon, looting shops, building up survival provisions and create your own safehouse, whilst the police are doing their thing on the murdering front.

Fixed

• Like 4

Wasn't Carcer City loosely based on Detroit? I assumed it was if it wasn't. I think that could work for a new city which isn't NY, but has the gritty seriousness. But it's possible that R* could start dropping new city names (based on real cities) in their next couple of dlc's which can build us a picture of what the next place could be.

I can dream.

• Like 1

Well whatever the next GTA will be, we'll probably have to wait a couple of years before we know anything.

I'm wondering if Rockstar have any new games for 2016, though. After heists and the PC port of GTA V drop, Rockstar will start talking about the single player DLC. I'm guessing it will be out this fall, with small free updates until the end of the year. So what's next?

Maybe Sony or Microsoft will announce their next project with Rockstar at E3. Like they did with GTA IV in '06 or the PS4/Xbone/PC version of GTA V last year.

They might announce single player DLC for fall, but it wouldn't be out before fall 2016. I'd be surprised if they even bother with GTAV, after all this.

I swear, the first six months after the game came out, all they did was drink champagne and jerk off on each other, celebrating that billion dollars. Zero effort being made.

• Like 1

We were supposed to get single player DLC last year. Fall 2015 is over a year late, I doubt they would push it back another year.

Probably wouldn't be that bad if they did. If they started working on single player DLC in the fall of 2013, (though they probably started earlier) that would mean they had 3 years development time. They could easily add another city and a decent story.

Except they've been using a ton of that time trying to make GTAO playable and re-fixing things that got messed up after each update. And then recoding everything for the new consoles plus PC. They haven't exactly had their whole staff devoted to DLC for the past year and a half.

They could easily add another city and a decent story.

I still say the only logical way to bring back Las Venturas is in a DLC for V. Venturas cannot support a game of its own; there just isn't enough substance there. Put it in a DLC, while heists are still relevant, because that's all LV is good for.

Not that I have that much faith in Rockstar, anymore.

They bit off more than the could chew with GTAO, i'm not sure they realised how much time it would consume of theirs. GTAO is persistent, so it needs a persistent team. I hope R* have now a full "Online" team, as well as the normal dev team, otherwise they aren't moving anywhere fast with any future prospects.

• Like 2