Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Info on Dawnguard, according to the latest Game Informer (via Reddit). I'll do my best to interpret the text in the images

• Two factions, like Massacre said (The Vampire Harkon, and the Dawnguard, Vampire hunters, obviously)
  • Two new homes, one for each faction (Castle Volkihar for Vampires, Fort Dawnguard for the ... Dawnguard)
  • Each home comes with its own benefits. Fort Dawnguard comes with new weapons and armour, including crossbows. The Castle includes bonuses to vampire powers, and comes with blood potions
  • New Vampire powers. Vampiric grip suspends enemies in the air so you can drain their health (meh). Other powers include hovering above the ground (!) and turning into a swarm of bats (!!!!!!!!)
  • Werewolves get their own perk tree. Perks include "animal Vigor", "Savage Feeding", and "Totem Of The Moon", which lets you summon ally werewolves with a howl(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
  • New dragons. Legendary Dragons will be even more powerful than ancient-class dragons, apparently
  • New Enemies. Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and armored Trolls
  • Crossbows will have a quicker shot, and will remain loaded while running, but will take longer to reload (Bones guessed correctly). Archery perks will apply to crossbows.
  • You can now change your apperance. A person in the ratway will offer you the chance to change your facial features. Race and gender can't be changed.
  • Dawnguard is not meant for low-level characters
  • New shouts. Soul Tear allows you to steal the soul of a defeated foe, and then raise him as an undead minion

No word on when PS3 and PC will be getting Dawnguard. Better be soon.

My main query is why the hell is that Dragon diving into the ice? Is it scripted, or is that a tactic dragons will now employ?

Discuss

noice...

i like the sound of perk trees for both vampires and werewolves... my main character is a werewolf, and i wouldn't mind applying some bad ass powers to that ability... i am still thinking that dragon blasting under the ice was a scripted event...

So I was doing a story mission in the area, near solitude when I came across this. No idea what it is. It had no activate button and I couldn't walk through it. Anyone know what it is? Couldn't attack it either, it just looked at me.

ScreenShot68.jpg?t=1338738866

ScreenShot65.jpg?t=1338738866

yea, so it's still a bit quiet on this front, with the release of the new DLC just a couple weeks away... i read a preview article where they went hands on for a couple of hours but it didn't really talk about much more than what's already been discussed... i am starting to think that's it's not nearly as tied into the main quest as the new vegas DLC's offered...

they mentioned that there's a dragon that roams the realm, but that's about it... and it takes place in the NW part of the map, above solitude... the more i hear about the vampire lords, the more i am glad that i will be rolling in as a werewolf the first time, representing the dawnguard... i kind of feel like a van helsing-like guy heading into this...

the more i hear about the vampire lords, the more i am glad that i will be rolling in as a werewolf the first time, representing the dawnguard... i kind of feel like a van helsing-like guy heading into this...

Yeah, my two main characters are perfect for Dawnguard. I have a Wood Elf hunter/archer who is a werewolf, and had a hatred for vampires long before Dawnguard was announced, and a Dark Elf assassin who is a vampire.

never dabbled in the vampirism in skyrim... i guess i never had an interest... i do have a lower leveled mage that it wouldn't hurt converting him into one, but i never got into vampires... bram stoker's dracula is the only instance i can think of where i actually enjoyed watching a story about vampires... then conker's bad fur day spoofed it and i was set for life :D...

In my opinion the cons far outweigh the pros of being a vampire. I mean, all towns people hating you? That's not worth it. For that reason I always stay neutral or become a wearwolf.

icon11.gif

Not liking my mage character as much as my nord two hander guy. The two hander dudes kills shit way fast than the fucking destruction spells. Conjuring is cool shit tho especially when you have conguration mods.

eventually my dude will be pretty dam good tho because I plan to have a good amount of skill in 1 handed as well.

I bought this game and I love it and the idea, but some things do piss me off and I havent played it in like a month, For one, we cant be the gypsie cat. I wanted to be them. Thats bs. Second its fun running around but sometimes the world is too big. I know they make ways to get to places easier but Im too impatient.

And when it comes to the skillcrafting and magic I just simply dont care. They make this game for stoners who can sit for hours and find hitting a particular series of buttons interesting.

All in all though cool story and gameplay. Really innovative but could be made simpler. Or shall I say less time consuming?

IDK cities are gorgeous but I havent played enough to even realize who people are by uniform and theres a steep difference between owning noob guys and being brutally destroyed.

If you could do this with friends, it would be SOOO much better.

And when it comes to the skillcrafting and magic I just simply dont care.

Don't do it then, goddammit.

its fun running around but sometimes the world is too big. I know they make ways to get to places easier but Im too impatient.

That's your problem, and no idea how you'll play GTA where there is no fast travel and the world is of a similar size or possibly bigger.

All in all though cool story and gameplay. Really innovative but could be made simpler. Or shall I say less time consuming?

Skyrim is MUCH easier than any of the other Elder Scrolls, it was made easier so anyone can play it. Anyone. And it's a full game so obviously it's supposed to take long. The main story is extremely short, and the whole idea of the game is there is so much to do.

If you could do this with friends, it would be SOOO much better.

The Elder Scrolls Online is coming out soon.

I think orcs might get something unique from the handful of orc villages in the game. Forget what the villages are actually called.

But yeah, quests unique to your race would be pretty cool.

an origin story would of been cool... kinda like what they did with dragons age: origins... a quest that pops up at a certain moment in the main quest though, like the trouble on the homefront quest in fallout 3...

:bones:<{ vote for me!! }

I did for like 3 hours I had like 5 trolls chase me then I ran to whiterun and they killed a bunch of guards. But I got my game deleted and was like fock this shit.

icon11.gif

Can't take on trolls untill like what....level 30. they're pretty tough.

Trolls are faackin' easy, even if their health does regenerate. Bears are harder to beat than trolls, I know because once on the path to Winterhold a snow bear and a snow troll spawned within feet of each other and began fighting, the snow bear promptly owned that proud american troll and came after me. Giants are only fodder at about level 30 though.