Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Nigga, I said that three hours ago.

I haven't installed Fallout yet, thus I do not go in topics that aren't Skyrim. SKYRIM!

Looks like a solid gold Death Star from one of the Futurama feature length episodes.

Remote-controlled_solid_gold_Death_Star.png

Ha! It does actually. Awesome.

umm, quick question... where can i store a horse?? i have shadowmere, but when i fast-travel he follows me... i don't want him right now, i want to leave him somewhere so i can come back another time and ride him... he's pointless to bring along where i'm going but he still follows me... i tried leaving him from whence he came but he still followed me to a different location...

can you leave him at a stable somewhere???

there's a trick i found while scouring the internet, i will let you know if it works... i am gonna leave him at the sanctuary and run over to falkreath and purchase a horse and ride him for a while... probably kill it too... supposedly once you mount another horse, that one becomes the main one... thus making shadowmere forever wait where you left him....

let's see if this this works, i will report back with the findings...

SHIT, falkreath doesn't have a stable... i'll have to try to see if i can store it in my hometown riften,...

===========================

EDIT: ha, so far it does work... i dunno why this isn't big news and i had to read other forum posts to find it... i parked him in a stable and stole the horse that was occupying it... i mounted then fast-traveled to somewhere not too far away, then i let a pack of wolves kill it... i traveled back to riften stables and not only is shadowmere still where i left him, but the horse i let die also re-spawned... i just got done doing a contract kill and when i traveled back to the stables, he was still there :D...

nice... even if he does somehow disappear after a while, at least i know i gave it a shot... it's not like i ever used the horses anyways, but this one is too cool to lose... i hope he stays in the riften stables until i finish up the brotherhood quests.... i would love to use him after leaving a dwarven ruin... i read you can get on a horse over-encumbered and fast-travel somewhere...

I remember before getting Skyrim I was reading up on it and i'm sure somewhere I read that towns could be destroyed by dragons and you would have to wait a few days for them to be rebuilt. (It might have even been in this topic, but I can't be arsed checking through 74 pages.) Also I remember seeing gameplay footage of a dragon grabbing a giant and throwing it into the air, whatever happened to that? The only time I saw that happen in-game was at the very beginning when Helgen was under attack, Alduin grabs an archer and flings him into the air, but that was the only time.

Guest Marney1

Haven't played this in months, might have a little wander round tonight to get the feel of it again.

post-10-0-75222700-1335126630.png

Great, 21 minute update to install. Anyone know what it's for?

yea, i said i wasn't gonna play this for a while but i made the mistake of starting a new character last night... and lookie lookie, another playthrough that already feels nothing like my previous 2... i am only a level 4 orc, but i already have the ring of hircine and i am on my way to whiterun to join the companions...

yup, i am about to be an orc werewolf, but we'll see how far that takes me... i kinda want to start up my mage too and play both files side by side... fuck it, i can't stop playing skyrim so i might as well just keep creating characters and stories until i get bored with it i guess..

yea, i said i wasn't gonna play this for a while but i made the mistake of starting a new character last night... and lookie lookie, another playthrough that already feels nothing like my previous 2... i am only a level 4 orc, but i already have the ring of hircine and i am on my way to whiterun to join the companions...

yup, i am about to be an orc werewolf, but we'll see how far that takes me... i kinda want to start up my mage too and play both files side by side... fuck it, i can't stop playing skyrim so i might as well just keep creating characters and stories until i get bored with it i guess..

I created a mage, but apparently they are extremely weak at high levels so I don't play him anymore

i've fought leveled mages with a warrior and know just how damn tough they can be in later levels... i would think i could pull off the same feat if i applied my skills properly and learned how to use scrolls and alchemy more... mages are bitches to fight, so my enemies should suffer the same fate with the proper spells... still not sure what race to go with, but it's looking like it's gonna be a dark elf...

my orc, named "Marril gro-Mincakh" (yea, a true orc name that sounds like grow me cock) is a two handed warrior who i do believe won't sneak hardly at all... i expect enemies to constantly say, "what was that?"... i wanted to make him mentally unstable, but this game doesn't offer much pleasure in just murdering people for no reason... just a bounty and some time in jail, which who's to say that won't happen on occasion anyways...

i also conjured up another idea for a character i might make too, a reguard who wields magic and blade... or an imperial who does the same... i still kinda want to create a character for the imperial questline... i was thinking the orc could, but he's not really for anything but honor in battle... the companions should keep him busy...

Skyrim DLC reveal teased for next week, what do you want to see from Skyrim DLC?

Tom Senior at 03:19pm April 26 2012

A quick heads up from Bethesda PR and marketing vice president Pete Hines suggests that we might be getting our first sniff of the official DLC pack for Skyrim soon. He’s currently “working on getting a little more info out” for next week, but it’s not a sure thing. “We’ll see,” he says.

Last year game director Todd Howard said that Skyrim DLC would be “more substantial” with an “expansion pack feel.” Oblivion’s Shivering Isle expansion offered players a weird, wild new world to get stuck into. That was released a year after the core game, though, so the first Skyrim pack isn’t likely quite that meaty. What would you like to see from the first chunk of Skyrim DLC?

2) I am working on getting a little more info out on Skyrim/DLC. Maybe next week? We’ll see. Also trying to confirm Kinect release date.

Source

nice... nice to the two posts in-between mine... new DLC would be some good news as there's not much going on with video games right now... and i've had a troll, bandits and a dragon battling it out once... the bandits were following the dragon, and the dragon was attacking a troll... i actually laid back and watched the bandits eventually overtake the troll and the bandits bring the dragon down to the ground with arrows, while i finished off all of them... i think it was just a plain dragon...

So there may be a Snow Elf colony in the upcoming DLC. That sounds cool to me.

GOOD NEWS! (Somewhat, for those who haven't heard it yet).

The second post at this thread about the DLC got me intrigued. An user named Raestloz had uncovered some details about the DLC by checking the Patch 1.5.26 update files. Back in april 16, before the "Soon" dishonored picture dissipated the attention about Skyrim DLC. Something about crossbows and Snow Elves. This made me really curious and I used an utility (strings.exe) to scan the Patch 1.5.26 update file for valid strings. This revealed the following things (Notice the DLC01 prefix. Pretty much confirmed it's about the DLC!):

Snow elf stuff:

Animations<strong>DLC01Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueA.HKX</strong></p><p>Animations<strong>DLC01Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueB.HKX</strong></p><p>Animations<strong>DLC01Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueC.HKX</strong></p><p>Animations<strong>DLC01Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueD.HKX</strong></p><p>Animations<strong>DLC01</strong>Chair_SnowElfPrinceDialogueE.HKX</p><p>Animations<strong>DLC01</strong>Chair_SnowElfPrinceFireBall.HKX</p><p>Animations<strong>DLC01</strong>Chair_SnowElfPrinceSitIdle.HKX</p><p>Animations<strong>DLC01SnowElfPrinceAscensionBurning.HKX</strong>

Vampire feeding stuff:

Animations<strong>DLC01IdleMesmerizes.hkx</strong></p><p><strong>AnimationsDLC01Paired_VampFeedBack.hkx</strong></p><p><strong>AnimationsDLC01Paired_VampFeedFront.hkx</strong></p><p>

Crossbows:

crossbow_direction_behavior.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_1stP_Run.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_1stP_Walk.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_Aim.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_Equip.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_IdleDrawn.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_IdleHeld.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_Release.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_RunBackward.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_RunBackwardLeft.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_RunBackwardRight.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_RunForward.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_RunForwardLeft.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_RunForwardRight.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_RunLeft.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_RunRight.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_WalkBackward.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_WalkBackwardLeft.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_WalkBackwardRight.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_WalkForward.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_WalkForwardLeft.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_WalkForwardRight.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_WalkLeft.hkx</p><p>AnimationsCrossBow_WalkRight.hkx

No Idea what 'RF' is.

AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_End.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_EndL.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_Idle.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_IdleL.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_LToR.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_RToL.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_Start.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_StartL.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_Talk01.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Guarded_Talk02.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_GuardedToOpen.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Open_End.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Open_Idle.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Open_Start.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Open_Talk01.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Open_Talk02.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Open_Talk03.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Open_Talk04.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_OpenToGuarded.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Playful_End.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Playful_Idle.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Playful_Start.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Playful_Talk01.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Playful_Talk02.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_PlayfulToSerious.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Serious_End.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Serious_Idle.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Serious_Start.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Serious_Talk01.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Serious_Talk02.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_SeriousToPlayful.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Shock01.hkx</p><p>AnimationsDLC01RF_Shock02.hkx

Basically, the DLC will at least have:

Snow elves

Snow Elf Prince

Crossbows

New vampire feeding animations

Something prefixed 'RF'.

What do you think?

Source

Here's some background into Snow Elves and the Snow Prince:

The Snow Elves were a race of mer who inhabited Skyrim long before the Nords, before centuries of underground living and Dwemer slavery twisted the race into the blind merciless Falmer.

Conflict with the Nords

They were led by a Snow Elf known only as the Snow Prince who led them into a genocidal campaign against the first humans in Tamriel, the Nords of Nede lineage that had immigrated to Skyrim from Atmora.

The Snow Prince was slain by a child at the battle of Moesring. Due to the death of the Snow Prince, the elves' hope was shattered and some fled the battle. It's not known what the exact date was, but it was sometime at the start of the second Era. The Nords then mounted a reprisal campaign and killed Snow Elves by the thousands. The Snow Elves retreated underground where they found refuge with the Dwemer.

The Dwemer betrayed the Snow Elves, however, force-feeding them a toxic fungi that inflicted blindness. The poisoning effects of the fungi caused the Snow Elves to devolve into the twisted beings they have become, the Falmer.

Morphology

618px-Snow_Elf_Statue.jpg

One visual representation of the Snow Elf is known to exist and is located in the Irkngthand Sanctuary. It is a very large statue depicting a Snow Elf holding a book and staff, wearing a ceremonial headpiece and clothing.

Return

There is speculation that the Snow Elf will eventually become a surface-dwelling race once again as there have been reports of more and more organized surface raids of Falmer attacking cattle and crops for food. Ursa Uthrax (the author The Falmer: A Study) writes, "I fear a horror neither man nor gods could possibly stand against."

Source

So are the Snow elves making a comeback? Or do we get to somehow re-live the Nord/Snow-Elf war?

Some more speculation, perhaps we go to the Snow Prince's island of Solstheim?

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Solstheim

Also:

It was Nordic tradition to burn the corpses of their foes, however it was decided that the Snow Prince, who was so loved by his kin, deserved better. Instead the Nordic chieftains honored him by having his body wrapped in fine silks and buried in a freshly dug barrow[1] that later became known as Jolgeirr Barrow[2].

You guys might find reading The Fall of The Snow Prince quite interesting.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Fall_of_the_Snow_Prince

• Like 1

Could be something to do with...

...the Elder Scroll used to "defeat" Alduin...

...possibly, maybe... or maybe not at all?

Would be interesting to see the Falmer in their original form, we may even get a glimpse at the Dwemer if this DLC is set in the past. I'm starting to look forward to this more everyday. :D

A prequel DLC would be nice, i wouldn't mind going back in time, but that means the whole world map would either have to look slightly different (maybe through lighting and post effects) Or it would be a self contained DLC like Shivering Isle or one of the fallout DLC's. Either way I don't mind. I also like the sound of going to the island of Solstheim, that sounds more than likely the outcome of this DLC imo.

ahh, the snow elves would be a nice direction to go as i've always been intrigued about their history... i know they were considered to be slaves for the dwarves, and that experimenting led to them becoming the falmer... what would be even cooler would be to actually see a fully functioning dwarven society...