Edgecrusher

Show Us Your Setup/Specs

Have an ancient old PC, Q6600 overclocked to 3.4, 4GB DDR2, EVGA 650i Ultra, (Broken) ATI 5770 512mb. Still gives me decent enough performance to be able to play games at 1080p at Medium with 4xAA and 16xAF. I now only really play iRacing and COD4 now, which aren't really intensive games. I will probably upgrade at some point this year, although I've kinda fell out of the loop a little.

My Graphics card is fucked, though. It's fine in DX9, but DX10 & 11 make it freak out and artifact. It's still in Warranty, I just can't be bothered going without my PC for 2 weeks while I argue with the shop that I should get a replacement. With Battlefield 3 supporting only DX11, I will probably upgrade it for that.

Got my new laptop today. I decided to go for a Toshiba Satellite C660 instead of the Acer as it was on offer at £349.99 (normal price £499.99)

Intel Core i3 380m @ 2.53Ghz

2GB DDR3 (soon upgrading to 8GB)

320GB HDD

Intel HD Graphics (Integrated) up to 761MB at the moment but I will probably buy a new graphics card somewhere down the line. *Edit* Scratch that, I don't really care though, it is ample for my needs.

All in all I'm quite happy with it (especially for the price tag) it is quite nippy and can run YouTube vids in 1080p etcetera without slowing down. I haven't tried any games in it yet.

Its good you didnt get the acer, They're shite. seriously. my aspire is the worst, cheap feeling piece of shit ive ever spent £380. its been down to acer that many times, its probably done more miles than me. its fine now but theyre major bitch when they break.

Just got a new TV stand. What do you think? I still gotta sort out the wires and cables behind, I've only just set it all up so it's still a mess! I even got a broke-back-looking cowboy just for you guys ;)

SDC11239.jpg

Guest Marney

God I hate wires, I was looking at 3D TV's the other day in John Lewis and ended up talking to some old fella about how we wished they could do away with cables next. Thought the 3D was excellent and while watching some bike race through the specs couldn't help imagining how cool it would be to play GTA in 3D. Anyway, DuPz' where'd you get your white controller?

Subwoofers are huge magnets, you don't worry for your hard drives?

To be honest i had my PC plugged in just before i took this pic to see how GTA IV ENB'd would look on my TV. :drool: And i left my speakers behind. That isn't my TV sub.

God I hate wires, I was looking at 3D TV's the other day in John Lewis and ended up talking to some old fella about how we wished they could do away with cables next. Thought the 3D was excellent and while watching some bike race through the specs couldn't help imagining how cool it would be to play GTA in 3D. Anyway, DuPz' where'd you get your white controller?

Yeah i agree every house should be completely wireless by now. Might turn our houses into microwaves though with all those wireless signals flowing around through our heads!

I saw the PS3 controller in HMV and I was compelled to buy it. Well I saw it and my misses saw how excited I was and bought it for me before i had a chance to get my wallet out. I should maybe try that more often!

That stand is solid, it's really heavy btw. I didn't like the idea of hanging my TV off it at first, but after i realized how sturdy it was, i changed my mind.

Well, if the world had gone with Tesla's ideas instead of going with that asshole Edison, we'd all have been wireless ten years ago.

Reminds me of a Family Guy episode I was watching last night, it wasn't that funny, but oh well.

Oh here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Yb64ieGvQ

Well I don't have pics... cause I don't own it yet. But I'm currently saving to buy a few "spares" from my bud at work... including prices so you can see what a jammy cunt I am...

Asrock P67 Fatal1ty B3... £110 - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-049-AK the only difference between that and one of their other cheaper P67's is the Fatal1ty port... and the fact that it's prettier.

i5 2500... Overclocks perfectly up to 4.5 gigs but won't go any further... so Idk if I'll upgrade that at some point and keep the i5 as spare. £90.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-130-MS&tool=3 - I'll probably pick this up on eBay... not 100% on it though..

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-011-NC&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat= - £30... taking the standard cooler off the i5.

Memory and HDD's I'm still out on... I'm gonna go overboard with the ram though. That's fer sure. Call it future proofing.

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/10/fractal-design-define-r3-review/Fractal-Design-R3-5-l.jpg - that's my case. got it for £40 with a load of non standard fans.. Sat at home waiting for parts.

Nice. If you do go with Nvidia then I'd advice that GTX 560Ti as it has decent overclocking headroom and has great cooling. It's the best mid to high end graphics card i could get for my money anyway. I can run pretty much every game no higher than 65 degrees.

Your case looks a little ventless though. What size fan does the sliding door have on it? Would be cool if you modded it and had a large fan at to top.

Overall that will be a pretty decent setup though :)

See above the white fan? 2 fans (same size) fit in there, and then 2 in the bottom and 3 in the front behind the door... 140... I *think*. Yeah I'm not decided whether I want a 560Ti or a 570... I tend to kill computers, so I'm all about future proofing this one.

See above the white fan? 2 fans (same size) fit in there, and then 2 in the bottom and 3 in the front behind the door... 140... I *think*. Yeah I'm not decided whether I want a 560Ti or a 570... I tend to kill computers, so I'm all about future proofing this one.

How did your last computer die? Do you overclock then?

Guest Marney1

Just in the process of setting up a new entertainment 'complex' in my own corner of the living room.

It's purely for my PS3 so I've got my Sony wireless headphones set up together with my PS3 remote control, headset etc. plus I'll be adding one of those PS3 sound systems to it and hopefully a 50" Sony TV soon. Just gotta line the unit doors up properly and it's all go! That thing on the left is the modem.

Oh yeah, I'll be sat on a nice comfy white leather 2-seater couch while I play.

Had to use my webcam for this shot which explains the bad quality.

Edit: Just plugged in a pair of old Labtech speakers and knocked off the sound from the TV, sounds great. :)

Also, I'm not even sure what my laptop specs are but I don't suppose it matters as I only use it for browsing the internet really.

If these are my specs can anyone tell me if it's crap, ok or good? Is it possible I could play some decent games on it or will it struggle to run Solitaire?

If they're not my specs then where can I find them?

Horrible ricer gimmicky junk imo.

That said I made the mistake of buying a G500. What a piece of garbitch. It now randomly double clicks for no reason and scroll wheel is a bit funny. In addition to the well documented sensor problems (its shit and poorly placed)

Logitech have mercifully granted me an RMA in exchange for the god tier and frankly superior to most mice, G400

That mouse is like the supercar equivalent of a mouse. It's a £100 mouse. I won it on ebay for £65 though. I use it for gaming, but also 3D work, so I'll be making the most of it.

That's just what you tell your wife isn't it!

• Like 1