Edgecrusher

Show Us Your Setup/Specs

Could I get some opinions on this computer I just bought?

• 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4770 processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
  • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645 1.0GB GDDR5
  • 12GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 4 DIMMs
  • 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW), write to CD/DVD
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit (Didn't want Windows 8)

Planning to install an SSD drive later on down the road and possibly upgrade the video card

That 645 is one of the low end gfx cards that's intended to be able to run games but probably won't last long before becoming obsolete. You'll prolly end up wanting to upgrade it cause the rest of the system is pretty damn solid

you buy prebuilt? How much did you spend?

The computer was around $850 or so, got myself a 23 inch LED monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse, the OS (charged $30 despite 8 being free but I didn't really care) and a sound system with two satellite speakers and a small sub woofer for a total of around $1230.

Yeah, good call, don't ever buy shitty "gayming" anything ever. The headsets (and headsets in general, get a seperate mic and attach it) are generally poor quality and stop working.

I dropped £40 on a 10 button mouse that turned out to be a gayming mouse and now it's double clicking when its too humid.

Fuck it, this is a good enough topic.

I need a new mouse. Something reliable and not stupidly expensive. Preferably with those two buttons on the side that will perform the forward and backward function on my browser.

This is what I've been using, because, well, it was the first one I saw when I needed a new mouse three years ago.

http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=7135072

Any suggestions before I buy something random based on very little criteria?

Don't bother with some ricer 10 button mouse piece of junk. I bought a Logitech G500 because I needed the macro keys and really wish I hadn't, humidity causes it to double click when it should single click and they are STILL producing the mice with this defect.

I'm waiting for a Microsoft Intellimouse with the forward/backward buttons to show up because too many mice these days are complete garbage.

Wouldn't touch one of those gaming mice. I don't really need the extra buttons, and they look uncomfortable to use.

My old one was comfortable and lasted a long time, but the left button turned into a moody bitch and the scroll wheel randomly stopped working today. I'll probably end up with something similar, if not the exact same mouse. It was pretty nice at first.

Black with blue lights always gets my attention. I used to rock a desktop/Windowblinds/Rainmeter setup that was black with transparent blue accents.

I've always wanted an office that looks like it could be a set from a Tron sequel.

I think simple is better. Nothing more than two buttons and a mouse, possibly with back and forward buttons, but aren't needed.

I always like Logitech.

I always like Logitech.

The higher end the worse unfortunately.

They make good and simple mouses for cheap, I like their keyboards too for the most part. I like the Wirless K800 for keyboards.

For a mouse the Logitech M510 is great.

B003NR57BY_M510_BTY4.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, guys. Finally have gotten a proper gaming pc.

Roswell 750w modular psu

Western Digital 2tb sata3 harddrive

8gb ddr3 ram

MSI ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z87-G45

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case FDCAARCR2BLW

Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe cable tuner

nMEDIAPC Black Aluminum Panel PRO-LCD-B Media Center Programmable 20x2 LCD

EVGA GeForce GTX760 2GB GDDR5 256bit

Intel Core i7-4770K

Thermaltake Frio Overclocking Universal CPU Cooler CLP0564

Not sure why id have to overclock an i7... But, er. It was worth the extra 30 dollars.

Its not built yet, the pieces come tuesday though

I got the mobo cpu and heat sink set up, ill take pics tonight.

The graphics card got delayed till september 10th, so i had to cancel it... Its ok though, i got the same card overclocked edition for like 20 more. It will be here tomorrow. Ill post pics later tonight .

Here are some pictures

Heat sink/cpu

You must be excited, send us some pics bro. I was thinking of making a gaming PC towards the end of this year!

Also, massacre posted a url somewhere .. Http://www.logicalincrements.com

Really made it easy. You can upgrade/downgrade where you want, for example, i chose not to get an ssd but got an i7 instead of the recommended i5

post-12-0-19964800-1377144930_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-12694800-1377144997_thumb.jpg

You must be excited, send us some pics bro. I was thinking of making a gaming PC towards the end of this year!

I know Cy has posted that a few times actually. About what was the price range of your full setup?

I know Cy has posted that a few times actually. About what was the price range of your full setup?

Probably close to 1K since he bought the MSI mobo but got the i7 instead of the i5.

I was going to get the gigabyte one, but it had some negative reviews, and cyantist is correc, plus 200 for the tuner card

It was hard to justify spending 200 more for the 780 when ill play my games at low resolutions (1080p)...

Gigabyte are what I use. They're the most solid motherboards I've ever owned.

As a list of what to avoid:

Foxconn: Cheaply made, stupid limits on RAM (my old one couldn't handle over 3gbs despite having two slots)

Abit: Randomly stop POSTing. There's a pretty popular meme on hardware forums called "make like an Abit motherboard, and stop posting"

Biostar: these use the absolute worst capacitors in existance. My cousin dropped off a small departments computers from where he works (7 computers approx). All custom built, different motherboards as they were built at different times as the department expanded and all of them had bulging capacitors.

Low end MSI is also complete and utter shit. If it's on the logical increments website though it isn't going to be low end garbage so go ahead and buy it.