Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Interesting Info About GTA 5 Release Date

I was talking to someone I know that works in Gamestop, which I usually don't trust when it comes to release dates and etc, but she said they had posters in for GTA 5 and were planning on starting advertisements for GTA 5 sometime in January, and pre ordering in April, it would seem to reinforce the between May and September release date theory.

no this is all false, walmart is already preordering, gamestop isnt go see at walmart.com now!! and order it like i did.. & i will have it june 1st... i'll b damned if i waited another year for that game.

Don't post in all caps. <_<

-OPx

Guest Gary

Lol, Wal-Mart has no fucking clue when it's coming out, they're just taking pre-orders because they know people will give them the money for it.

Gotta laugh at all the idiots thinking they know the release date just because some store said you can preorder a non-existent game.

Don't know, i'd almost bet on walmart having the inside line as to when GTA will be released over a store like gamestop.

Also, people who use all caps are insecure QDs.

If it is released in 2012, there is a 99% chance it will be in the second half of the year, due to Max Payne 3 releasing in March. I predict an October release maybe the 2nd 9th or the 16th, following the Tuesday release pattern.October is just like San Andreas and GTA IV's original release date (Before GTA IV got pushed back)

Quick answer:

I predict it will be released on: 10/2/12 (2/10/12 for Europeans)

Based on the trailer, probably like 40 % - 50 % I don't think its much more than an idea and the basic platform of the map etc.

Based on the trailer, probably like 40 % - 50 % I don't think its much more than an idea and the basic platform of the map etc.

I think it's at 80% at least, the map looked quite fleshed out to me, and we saw what look like missions. They wouldn't start work on the missions until they had a pretty good idea of the map layout.

I think it's at 80% at least, the map looked quite fleshed out to me, and we saw what look like missions. They wouldn't start work on the missions until they had a pretty good idea of the map layout.

see thats what i was thinking, cuz for certain missions they will want you to have to go from "point A to point B" and maybe along the way u may have to drive through the ghetto, or almost get hit by an on-comming trian etc.. you know that idea lol what they pretty much do in all the GTA games

It's just based on the fact GTA 4 took so long, the trailer wasn't as good but we had to wait 6 months after release date. But I guess it is more that GTA 4.

Wouldn't be suprised if it's 70/80% done.

Even if it is, I can see a years worth of trailers, 8/9 months at least before release. (By a years worth, I don't mean tons, 4 or 5 at the most)

Hope they don't show it at E3 etc. though. With GTA you know your getting a good game, so I kinda wanna experience gameplay myself before seeing it on a vid. Felt great to jump into GTAIV solely based on trailers.

It's just based on the fact GTA 4 took so long, the trailer wasn't as good but we had to wait 6 months after release date. But I guess it is more that GTA 4.

GTA IV took so long because it was the first GTA game on the RAGE engine and they were working from scratch, now they've had a lot of experience with IV, RDR, etc.

icon11.gif

Hope they don't show it at E3 etc. though. With GTA you know your getting a good game, so I kinda wanna experience gameplay myself before seeing it on a vid. Felt great to jump into GTAIV solely based on trailers.

I'll prolly watch some gameplay. But those vids that are something like "the first 15 minutes" of a game...FUCK THAT! IDK what kind of tard would ruin the beginning of a game for themselves. I get really wanting a game but have restraint because u'll thank yourself when you play it yourself.

considering the game's story is probably at least 15 hours long, and the first 15 minutes of the game are likely to be at least 10 minutes of cut scenes, i'd watch "the first 15 minutes"