That's actually a good point about the water, all GTA games - even those set in just one city - have restricted your access to parts of the map with water. To me LS looks like one continuous city, so the only thing I can see being blocked off at the begining of the game is some of the countryside. But for it to be blocked off there'd have to be a justifiable reason, so i'd imagine there'd be missions and possibly safehouses out there.

Well well well, our protagonist will be able to swim (shut up, of course he will) so what could possibly stop us from crossing a river to see the other side before we're allowed to? Maybe an oil slick caused by an earthquake caused the local authoritAy to put in one of those inflatable barriers? Oh, hang on no, that would'nt/shouldn't work because it would do nothing to contain an oil slick.

Nothing stopped Niko from swimming either. It's the massive wanted level that keeps you from enjoying the new area though,

@Vice, 'Puarta' was a copy/paste job from Dups post. Therefore I blame him. :whistle:

Guest Marney1

@OPX Then now we need a reason for getting shot at for simply taking a swim.

@OPX Then now we need a reason for getting shot at for simply taking a swim.

IV never game you a reason for it tbh.

The bridges were closed, yes. I can see why you would get a wanted level for trying to cross the closed bridge. But when you swam to Algonquin far away from any of the bridges you still got it.

Maybe there will be a problem with flooding in the LS river and you can't cross it. Of maybe there's a problem with a freeway overpass and that blocks off the roads going to another section of town. I dunno.

Guest Marney1

Or, there's an infestation of piranha which get wiped out by the time your story progresses to being able to advance further on the map? We could go on forever with theories but the fish one might be believable.

I would like the hole of SA but a big map of Los Santos would be fine

Just another thought....If it was only going to be in Los Santos why would they have San Andreas on the car number plates?

Because LS is in the state of San Andreas. San Andreas is R*'s version of California.

On the Trailer the sign said Los Puarta. Could Puarta be R*'s Version of the word Puerto? Looking at a map of Cali, the nearest Puerto is, Puerto Peñasco, Mexico. Could we see a little bit of over the border like RDR?

Puerta means door.

Can you say puerta? Say puerta, puerta, puerta, FUCKING PUERTA!! SAY IT BITCH!

Oh, Spanish never was my favoured language. I know Puerto means port though! lol Pretty straight forward that one.

I would like the hole of SA but a big map of Los Santos would be fine

Just another thought....If it was only going to be in Los Santos why would they have San Andreas on the car number plates?

San Andreas is the state. Like cars in LA don't say Los Angeles on the numberplate, they say California.

Bush fires, gang wars, terrorism, race riots, flooding, contagion outbreak, all valid reasons to prevent travel to an area.

If there is something like a gang wr stopping you, I don't just want immediate six star, I'd rather get killed by the gangs, or smoke inhalation for fire etc.

Guest Marney1

Possible. But it's such a recurring thing with GTA and unlocking new areas gives you a reason to go through the story.

I'm glad I didn't even know there was multiplayer free roam etc until I'd finished the main story in IV, I think I could still refrain from going online until I've finished V though.

iirc IV was going to be open from the start until quite near the end of development. If they restrict the map I hope they don't come up with faggy reasons for it.

I imagine it will be huge compared to IV. Think of all the time they've saved by revisiting what is essentially a previous location--in terms of mapping the city and its surrounding countryside.

yea ok, how many maps like that are in the net ? i stop searching ............. dont want to find another ! but fuck i cant wait , searching the net 4 infos and reading everytime the same again and again