DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

I plan, with the help of you all, to map RDR2's world based on screenshots and footage. We did it with GTA V and it turned out pretty accurate. Let's do it again! It's still too early to tell, and i might be barking up the wrong tree. But i have to start somewhere...

9iE1Auu.jpg

bI27Qlg.jpg

Z1IrpJ7.jpg

And if we were to include that "leaked map", id' say it's somewhere in the heartlands. Although the river looks a lot more twisty, more like the one to the right of the map if i'm honest.

HjxsVtp.jpg

6gloBhG.jpg

SNsdSlK.jpg

• Like 5

The two winding river shots are definitely the same place. Same trees in the middle-right.

As for the relation to that "leaked" map: I think you are looking at the wrong place. The river in the trailer is much smaller and much more winding.

I think this could be right:

-forget this one-

Actually taking another look you might have the rocks correct. But I think the mountains are closer to what I have.

edit again: Fuck it you might be right. I'm tired as shit right now. :wall:

As in:

02.jpg

• Like 1

I'm still hoping it isn't genuine, but it is looking slightly more credible.

Going to repost this in here as it seems more pertinent to this topic;

The mountain profile has a distinctive flat section at 0:32 (centre right above the mule) and 0:57 (far right, to the right of ze pointy butte) the peaks either side of the flat section don't quite match but different viewpoints, angles, perspective etc. could account for that.

Same mountain profile at 0:36 above the tree, seems to closely match with that of 0:57.

It definitely seems like we got many shots of the same area. All with nice forests or plains in the foreground and snowy mountains in the distance.

03-2.jpg

It's getting to a point where it's the same mountains in the background of every single shot.

• Like 2

Yeah, we may only be seeing a small portion of the map at this point. This could well be a way to control our overall perception - stop us figuring out the entire map this early on, after how we all figured out the GTA V map lol

Jizzy, we dont know that for sure. We all thought fake first because no one expected the game to be a RDR2 or a sequel/prequel. That is why we totally discredited the map.

Now that we have this new information, the map does have a chance of being legit. Even if it is in a really rough state. Why would someone go to all that effort which is a very detailed map, to make it look rough, right at the end?

I mean, even the land has depth and topology.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the loner is coming from roughly the opposite direction of the posse due to the two butte profiles. If anything I was thinking it could be from one mission that doesn't end too well, be I also thought it might be to do with the derricks, but he's heading the wrong way for that.

5 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

Yeah, we may only be seeing a small portion of the map at this point. This could well be a way to control our overall perception - stop us figuring out the entire map this early on, after how we all figured out the GTA V map lol

Jizzy, we dont know that for sure. We all thought fake first because no one expected the game to be a RDR2 or a sequel/prequel. That is why we totally discredited the map.

Now that we have this new information, the map does have a chance of being legit. Even if it is in a really rough state. Why would someone go to all that effort which is a very detailed map, to make it look rough, right at the end?

I mean, even the land has depth and topology.

The new bordeaux thing is pretty concrete, isnt it?

The map was leaked/posted before we knew the name of Mafia 3's world name as far as i know. Take2 is a sister company. They could share ideas, names etc. 

I'm not saying I think it real, just not to rule it out yet.

q0mESzz.jpg

This one is hard to tell, a lot f the peaks look similar. But if you visualise what it could look like from either angle, those features line up. Thanks for helping Fitty. That really helped me visualise it.

ZH2CwnF.jpg

aS9czZ8.jpg

I think i have a good idea of what this area looks like now. Might have to construct a map :)

I was gonna make a map, but decided to take a look at one particular region that i felt matched the area the trailer took place in.

Yz6bpjf.jpg

• Like 4

Since we know the oil derricks are to the right of the posse and your "Grizzly" mountain is also in that direction can we assume that the rider mounting the horse in the barn is at or near the derricks?

• Like 1

Yeah it looks that way. I was looking at the shots for a hut or any kind of buildings in that sort of direction woth not much luck. 

There's quite a lot of depth to the ground levels in this game compared to GTAV.

1 hour ago, Qdeathstar said:

pretty excited about this game.  i loved rdr.

i quote this because...

282d3287869bbc352881e41b4afaa82048421277

fitty and dup are in another dimension right now... so imma let them do their thing... go on, you fine gentlemen...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bOnEs said:

fitty and dup are in another dimension right now... so imma let them do their thing... go on, you fine gentlemen...

I loved how they broke down GTAV and I'm already loving their work with RDR2. It's going to be a fun year following those two.

• Like 1

I'm like 4th dimension. Dup is somewhere in the 7th at this point. :P

@DuPz0r One thing I don't like about "pyramid" is that in the final posse shot the trees appear to be white/snow covered but in the homestead/dead deer shot they are green with less snow. Perhaps they were untextured for the final shot or if you really want to speculate, we'll see actual changes in seasons.

edit

Using Dup's names:

basicmap.png

• Like 2

I feel like this is how the trailer aligns with the leaked map. Obviously, there's no solid information, but I think we're on to something for sure.

ScBxVgw.jpg

Shot 1: There's two black marks on the map that could actually be those two big rocks in the centre of the shot. And we know that the oil fields from the inferno shot is to the right of the horses.

Shot 2: The oil fields seem to face the same sort of direction as shot 1 because of the mountains.

Shot 3: It faces North based on the same mountain peak to the left of the cowboys and the oil fields. It's also a "Pig Farm", maybe Aberdeens on the map.

Shot 4: It looks like it could be facing west based on geography, that train may be coming from Valentine across the heartlands.

Shot 5: Based on geography, i get the feeling that this ranch is on the other side of the river. the mountains are closer and rotated to the left.

Shot 6: Wide shot of the heartlands. The rocks and mountains match up.

I'm still skeptical about the valley creek unless someone can prove otherwise? Can you see how the creek bends, and it seems to split into two sections one goes behind the trees to the left..

3rE2cFT.jpg 

Not signed in

Just found this: 

gzxQiNf.png

That's Tabletop to the left, then Three Peaks behind. Not sure where Pyramid fits in here. 

• Like 3

Forgot that cattle shot.  I was trying to do something similar with that map and camera angles but things weren't quite lining up as they should.

As for the river, I was looking at something similar. I had it continuing left past the building with that bottom-left spot unrelated.

• Like 1

One thing that bugs me about the credibility of that map is the rorschach-esque mirrored island at the bottom right, of course that won't be the map we see in game if it turns out to be real, but why is it there?

Looking at the "leaked" map is probably clouding my judgment, so I'm gonna take a step back now, like Fitty, and just work with the source material. This is my work in progress, similar to Fitty i just went and placed landmarks where they look situated on a clean slate.

nSAip4i.jpg

• Like 5