RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

Nothing earth-shattering. Just posting to get other people thinking:

07.jpg

08.jpg

blah. just updating the cattle shot on the far right:

basicmap.png

I doubt i'm the only one to do something like this:

09.jpg

I thought there was a few burned-out buildings over here....................................^ but it appears to be shit tree textures. #gtaivproblems

• Like 3

Nice spotting on the details there.

5 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

Nothing earth-shattering. Just posting to get other people thinking:

07.jpg

08.jpg

blah. just updating the cattle shot on the far right:

basicmap.png

I don't see the connection to the grizzly and the buffalo though. What is it you've lined in red on that hillside? I'm still unsure where the buffalo/train shot sits relative to everything else.

Here's a panoramic shot I've been cleaning up.

IDj9f4B.jpg

N0uTBIh.jpg

• Like 4

The red in the lower pic is just the hill with trees. Not the same as the upper red. There's only a few colors that stand out. :P It took me a little to decipher your other stuff since different groups of pics had different colors for the same thing.

I don't think grizzly is in the train shot. I think it is off camera to the right.

Awesome panoramas btw.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

The red in the lower pic is just the hill with trees. Not the same as the upper red. There's only a few colors that stand out. :P It took me a little to decipher your other stuff since different groups of pics had different colors for the same thing.

I don't think grizzly is in the train shot. I think it is off camera to the right.

Awesome panoramas btw.

Ah ok, thought that they were different but thought maybe you figured something out i missed.

Yeah i thought it was in that area relative to the mountains. I wasnt 100% sure on that tree landmark though.

So I've added those ranches into my map, added a couple more labels for weird shaped mounds. But i kind of feel like the mountains in that shot look deceiving, they might not actually be the ones we think they are.  I also decided to rotate the map because I believe Olympus is North. The peaks are snowier that way which just screams north.

KAOplvc.jpg

3c4fRFQ.jpg

ylxNVU4.jpg

• Like 2

I missed out on the start of this process with GTAV so I'm curious about something - do you guys think you've got these placements pretty well right or is your judgment potentially clouded by the leaked map?

I think Dupz earlier annotations were more with the leaked map in mind, but the newer maps look to be just taken from what we know from the few screencaps we have. Of course we're seeing such a small area it could be a tiny, insignificant part of the map, and we still don't know where the town or the Zancudo river area are in relation to this.

• Like 2

^that.

I haven't been using the leak map. Just what we see and where I think things are. Dup was using it but stopped.

Even if that map is legit, it could have changed a lot from when it was originally posted. Hell, the map Rockstar has right now can still change since they have a year to go. That's more reason for me to look away from it. I did try placing things like the river (I think it would be the smaller one far left named "little creek") but when it came to placing screenshots things weren't quite working out. I think that's where Dup got frustrated and gave up. There's quite a bit from what we've seen in the trailer that doesn't seem to match up to the map for me. The forest hills next to the oil field and along that plain seem to flow right into the mountains behind with no river between them. Might just be the perspective but that's the way it looks. I've also tried finding railroad tracks along the oil field but haven't. Of course they need to be nice, smooth inclines/declines but the hills around that final shot are quite bumpy for a train.

Again, I could be wrong and things are there but hidden well. This is the fun part. :)

Also, for anyone that missed the GTA V mapping, here's the topic and here's a short roundup of me and Dup's maps.

• Like 1

Updated, change some placements, drew the mountains to make them clearer and easier to read. Not really much else to do other than draw a couple more minor rocks and mounds, since the trailer is the only thing we have to go on at this point.

EzF0Vx0.jpg

I'd also like to add that, where i started by trying to fit the screenshots into the leaked map - from the moment I started to make my on map, I decided to go purely on the Trailer, so what you see here^ is only what is in the trailer and not in any way manipulated by the knowledge of that leaked map.

• Like 1

On the topic of that fake/leaked map. We haven't been able to pinpoint a place for the little stream in our own maps. There isn't enough to go on to connect it.

Back to the realm of speculation, i looked at the leaked/fake map after reading your post Barry, and saw this little convenient part on the map in the top corner. If the map is as big scale as this then I'd be gobsmacked.

qXUPlBv.jpg

I know it's far-fetched, and I don't even know if that's a path or a flowing stream on the map. But it sort of fits the shape we see in this image. 

I'm pulling at straws here because there isn't much to resemble...
But, If there is an active snow weather system or period of time where seasons change, then this could be more convincing. 
The mountain under the curved red line would be hidden behind this big rock down below. On the smaller image the big brown rock would be just off screen to the left.

6xL0v0j.jpg

To be honest, i'm not fully convinced. It could even be Brokeback. But the thing that stands out the most are those twin rocks... They are convincing...

p6iSRwy.jpg

Also i noticed that nicely framed house in the canopy.

ead1fdd384d1dc96107ef78f9397637efd3e9d4f.jpg?_ga=2.6340978.1969244896.1495550183-398064644.1489079965

• Like 3

I was looking at the same formation but thought the area of the stagecoach was too high compared to the screencap(s) from the first trailer. I think your orange box should be farther left (blocked by a horse in your panorama) as the land seems a little higher there. It still seems not high enough but that could just be angles playing tricks.

Yeah probably right there. But that part of the panoramic shot was very sketchy. It moved so fast that there's a lot of covered up land and blurred bits around that whole area... That lighter bit between the hills and the grizzly mountain is kind of feathered together. That could be a tall hill too. It's hard to tell. But yeah, it is higher up for sure. Only the tip of the rocks are visible over that hill compared to how tall they sit in the panorama.