Massacre

Fallout

I went peaceful, since my first character is really just a wandering tinkerer. I didn't even mention Acadia to the Brotherhood.

My Railroad chick will side with Acadia, but refuse to do the thing DiMa suggests to deal with the Children of Atom. She'll make peace between the groups however she can, but not quite the same as my tinkerer did. My Minuteman will side with Far Harbor, and tell them everything. My Institute character will become disillusioned with the world, tell the Institute about Acadia, and side with the Children due to overwhelming nihilism.

I still don't have a Brotherhood diehard. My first guy only went Brotherhood because they have a shared interest in technology, and soldiering is what he knows best. Other than tinkering.

• Like 2

on my travels back to the wasteland for supplies, there's always been this "tell the railroad" about synth refuges... and while i have, it's not really done anything story wise yet... i am hoping to help the synths out here, but

after hearing some of those memory pieces from dima, i am starting to see why people said far harbor might be the grayest storyline yet... i feel like there's not really a wrong choice here, and since my main guy is railroad thru and thru (and i have reached that point that wants you to start picking a side), then i need to stick with that out here in maine, at least for this character for sure B)

I didn't like the Railroad story that much, because they kept you undercover with Father for so long. I feel like I should have done my Institute character first because I'll have already seen everything but the last two quests. The Railroad story feels lazy to me because it's essentially "do 90% of the Institute story, then do the last Brotherhood quest, but with an inferior group of characters."

• Like 1

it felt like the right thing to do within the commonwealth, that's why i did it... i haven't seen any of the other storylines tho, and quite frankly, at the pace i've been playing video games lately, the railroad might be the only path i ever play in fallout 4...

fallout main storylines are usually not that super interesting anyways, it's more about the journey, not the result... plus, the railroad allows me to be the character i want to be... a sarcastic do gooder B)...

So like my earlier complaints, they for sure made sneaking harder. I'm spotted much easier now. It's ok; I just back track a bit to get hidden. Im investing in rifle perks. My bolt action pipe pistol doesn't cut it anymore. The only thing is my followers seem more proactive in shooting at enemies even when Im only in caution. Maybe with this character I'm just used to having Deacon.  The fallout wiki said he is the least likely to give away your position. I seriously want to tell Nick to fuck off but he is important in the far harbour story.

Also,

Ikillyou told me if you give your follower a weapon, and 1 ammo round for it, as long as it uses same ammo as their base gun they will have unlimited rounds. Anyone else find that? I tried that and it didn't work. I will try it again when I find a gun worth giving Nick. Maybe they updated it to work properly. Or maybe that was a glitch that ikillyou was getting and it isn't supposed to be like that.

I googled and some people claimed the same thing. it was a bit hard to find a straight answer. One person said as long at it was the exact gun it would work. Like give Cait and upgraded double barrel shot gun and it will work. Someone else said that didn't even work for them

On 6/4/2016 at 0:37 PM, DiO said:

Ikillyou told me if you give your follower a weapon, and 1 ammo round for it, as long as it uses same ammo as their base gun they will have unlimited rounds. Anyone else find that? I tried that and it didn't work. I will try it again when I find a gun worth giving Nick. Maybe they updated it to work properly. Or maybe that was a glitch that ikillyou was getting and it isn't supposed to be like that.

This is incorrect / misrepresented / explained incorrectly.

The PROVISIONERS and SETTLERS make use of one round of ammo, NOT your followers.
You basically give them one round, they have infinite ammo. I give 12 rounds to monitor frequently.
Even after getting hammered at Dalton Farm, the amount they have never changes.
I own all the settlements in the Commonwealth and all 4 in Far Harbor, there has been no change about this trick.

Example, even in Far Harbor, Nick blows through ammo like it's candy, while my provisoners and settlers never use theirs up.

All my provisioners use maxed out miniguns, with 5mm ammo. Plus I give them one grenade.
They cause shitstorms everywhere they get attacked, just like in the Commonwealth.

For all my followers I give them a Legendary weapon and around 200 rounds.
When they use it up, they go to the Melee weapon I gave them.

• Like 1

I know that much. The melee weapon is actually a good idea. 

Kill told me it was his followers that it was working for too. I asked him twice if he meant settlers. Probably was a glitch. 

What ever, when mods come out I am sure I will find a followers unlimited ammo. I like having a follower for the sake of having a follower but they honestly don't do much. Especially if I am trying to sneak. Lone Wanderer is a better option. 

Is anyone other than me playing Fallout 4 on PC? It's nice you guys are getting access to some mods. I'm a little curious to see how the comparability will work. There are quite a few nice ones out there as well as a companion infinite ammo and another where the power armor they wear won't break. Until then here is a link to some Fallout 4 PC pics with some mods included http://imgur.com/a/9vOO9.

• Like 3

those are some nice shots... i think most of us are console gamers... i feel like one of us is on PC but i don't remember who... yea, next month mods come to PS4, which i am excited for, but i have yet to explore a lot of far harbor... so i might either rush thru that, or just hold off on downloading mods anyways... either way, i can't wait to see what i can find out there...

I wanted it for PC but I work at a computer desk everyday so there was no way in hell I was going to do it even more for all the hours I wanted to log into fallout

On 09/06/2016 at 6:04 AM, Nemosphene said:

Is anyone other than me playing Fallout 4 on PC? It's nice you guys are getting access to some mods. I'm a little curious to see how the comparability will work. There are quite a few nice ones out there as well as a companion infinite ammo and another where the power armor they wear won't break. Until then here is a link to some Fallout 4 PC pics with some mods included http://imgur.com/a/9vOO9.

I'm hoping for mods that allow you to have extra building materials, furniture etc which I know you can already get for PC. 

I've seen some brilliant settlements built with them, so I'm quite hopeful I can do something similar!  I'm actually holding off building anything else until they are released - already have a few ideas in mind.

• Like 1

There's always a mod that adds a door to the item test room. If I remember correctly, the container for building materials has 1000 of every material. Should help out, some.

Also, it usually has 1000 rounds of every ammo type, so power armor forever.

I downloaded the mods update from Bethesda last week (around 400Mb) but haven't checked much out yet.

One thing to note for console users, enabling mods will disable achievements.

I'm still working on a few Fallout 4 remaining ones, so yeah......

On 6/9/2016 at 3:04 PM, Nemosphene said:

I'm on PC but I don't own F4. Still fucking around with NV. 

Mods for consoles are a cool idea, but there are some teething problems with the One. Quite a few mod authors saying they've had their work stolen and posted to Bethesda.net, and we can't forget the legion of entitled children who harass and abuse mod authors because they can't understand that a lot of mods on PC simply aren't compatible with consoles. Cool idea, hopefully it'll be smoothed out by the time PS4 is released.  

On 6/11/2016 at 2:30 AM, Darth Sexy said:

I'm on PC but I don't own F4. Still fucking around with NV. 

Mods for consoles are a cool idea, but there are some teething problems with the One. Quite a few mod authors saying they've had their work stolen and posted to Bethesda.net, and we can't forget the legion of entitled children who harass and abuse mod authors because they can't understand that a lot of mods on PC simply aren't compatible with consoles. Cool idea, hopefully it'll be smoothed out by the time PS4 is released.  

From what I see on Bethesda.net it looks like they're crediting Mod authors and even have a donation link there. As this is the first time something like this is happening there are bound to be some issues with it. As for those who want everything, I'm sure they've been disappointed many times over, so it'll be nothing new to them. But even with all that. I still think playing on PC is the best. I enjoy the free cam way too much as well as all the other commands I can use to shape my own little fallout world. Where else would I see a cat taking on a Deathclaw?

bIREbK8.jpg

Edited by Nemosphene
  • Like 4

Very strange.

Just now it seemed I was killing mutants as fast as I used to. But now they are taking lots of damage. Maybe I just happen to run into a few wussy supermutant overlords in a row

- edit

Finally got my rifle perks. I'm hoping one of my legendary rifle's I held on too from a bit ago are as overpowered as Bone's shotgun. I got a "shoot an additional projectile" level action rifle. I think I just bought that in Far Harbour. 

I noticed depending on the stock you have on your rifle, it changes the amount of AP it uses in VATS. You can have a .50 cal hunting rifle with a short stock and it doesn't use near as much as a scoped full stock sniper rifle. Not sure if the scope effects VATS and AP. 

Just collected DiMA's memories - not something I was expecting but easier than I thought it would be...

Far Harbor is really cool... trying to get as many of the Children of Atom tasks out of the way before I need to make any choices.  My Legendary collection is coming along nicely now...  have they extended a few of the perk branches?  

Started Old World Blues. I really like Old World Blues. The Sink is also making my double hardcore run easier as I now have a proper home where I can store ammo/food/water/crafting shit in one place, in organised lockers for convenience. Yeah, I'm pathological. Also kinda fun exploring a technological wonderland using .357/.44 magnum weapons. I'm level 19 so it should all be ok, however the Cazadores scare me. Also my Desert Ranger gear is degraded and I can't afford the repair job. Think the stealth suit will be my first goal...may also help my loneliness. 

• Like 1