I don't know about you guys, but when I saw the internet in GTA 4 for the first time, it gave me ideas! What about a social network IN gta 5? Like the thing nintendo did for the 3ds! ( i forgot what it's called) and gangs with your friends in multiplayer!

Dunno, dont we have enough of that crap already.. Intergration of social club would be ok, but i dont want to have friend franklin on facebrick in order to join him on a mission... <_<

• Like 1

I like the idea if it was mostly a parody. It would be nice if you would see different characters in the game on the social network posting idiotic status's and random photos as the game progresses similar to how some websites would update their content in IV. It could even be different for each protagonist and their group of friends and acquaintances, for example: Micheal's feed would feature slutty photos of his daughter doing a duckface and his son quoting idiotic rap lyrics. Franklin would have barely literate ghetto friends that dropped out of pre-school to sell crack and "taip gagnstaaa shet lyck dissss" (type gangster shit like this) and his Armenian employers posting pics of expensive cars with a sales pitch along the line: "you buy know at once awesome price lenient financing look like boss man no credit no problem." I honestly don't see Trevor using a social network though. It could also replace the email system that was in IV so that the minute you're online, you would have a chat window open up to talk to some character. I'd also like to add that it would be nice if you could store captured photos from your in game phone on the social network, since in IV you couldn't really save photos you took in the game like you could in SA. These photos could also be uploaded to your R* Social club account if you're connected to the internet.

• Like 1

Out of everything that you could possibly do in GTA V you people want to browse a parody of facebook...

not even close, it's just a discussion on expanding on the internet already in place from GTAIV... shits changed a lot in 5 years... they had a version of myspace on there, i can't remember what it was called, but you could find eddie low on there... i could see a facebook and twitter parody being used even on TV and the radio... just another place to check out, R* usually adds a bunch of extra stuff to their games, and it's up to you if you wanna check it out or not...

maybe perhaps you hear lazlow (or whoever the DJ's are) mention something about "twatting" him questions online and he ends up responding on the air... i'm sure it would be a scripted response, but just having the option immerses you more into the world around you...

I don't think big time criminals who go around stealing cars, killing people, and robbing jewelers use social networks as much as the rest of us.

(during a heist)

"Come on, we've got the cash, let's get out of here before the cops show."

"Hold on, I'm just updating my status."

------------------------------------------------------

Maybe have a YouTube type site though, where you could upload shit you've done and filmed on you iFruit. Again, sort of out of character though, but maybe fucked up enough for something Trevor would do, maybe.

• Like 1

Out of everything that you could possibly do in GTA V you people want to browse a parody of facebook...

not even close, it's just a discussion on expanding on the internet already in place from GTAIV... shits changed a lot in 5 years... they had a version of myspace on there, i can't remember what it was called, but you could find eddie low on there... i could see a facebook and twitter parody being used even on TV and the radio... just another place to check out, R* usually adds a bunch of extra stuff to their games, and it's up to you if you wanna check it out or not...

maybe perhaps you hear lazlow (or whoever the DJ's are) mention something about "twatting" him questions online and he ends up responding on the air... i'm sure it would be a scripted response, but just having the option immerses you more into the world around you...

In the BoGT one of the side missions the girl was talking (think her name was Daisy, that British chick) about a guy that was "Bleeting" from Bleeter and you had to track him down by his bleets. And that was like a parody on Twitter. If i remember correctly, I think you can actually go on the website too. it's www.bleeter.biz or some shit.

Here you go: http://gta.wikia.com...sites_in_GTA_IV

Edited by -Godfather-

yea, i remember that... kudos for mentioning another fine example of using it... the internet in GTAIV is so outdated compared to today's, they have to revamp it... i guarantee they'll all have access to the internet on their phones... and trever on his calculator watch...

• Like 3

I don't think big time criminals who go around stealing cars, killing people, and robbing jewelers use social networks as much as the rest of us.

(during a heist)

That would actually fit in with Rockstar's satirical social commentary. You would almost expect that in today's world the way everyone is obsessed with letting everyone know what they're doing and making sure you can see what they are eating through a vintage filter.

(during a heist)

That would actually fit in with Rockstar's satirical social commentary. You would almost expect that in today's world the way everyone is obsessed with letting everyone know what they're doing and making sure you can see what they are eating through a vintage filter.

I'm actually a Rockstar North scriptwriter, So yeah. (Y)

I do like the photo idea. A even better thing to add to it is ingame video. Upload directly to YouTube or the social club.

"Whenever you take a picture in Los Santos, you can share it with friends via the Rockstar Social Club."

-GameInformer

I'd also like to add that it would be nice if you could store captured photos from your in game phone on the social network, since in IV you couldn't really save photos you took in the game like you could in SA. These photos could also be uploaded to your R* Social club account if you're connected to the internet.

Thank you Rockstar!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this