I like the look, but so far it feels that the PS4 might be better on the tech side. I think the reveal no matter how big a flop that is was at least they showed the console. I'll probably get the console that the group of friends I play with get and then eventually get the other when price drops.

Exactly this for me.

Judging by the conference, it looks like 'Xbox One' will be primarily focused on being a multi-media device rather than a gaming platform. It took them about half an hour to get around to even talking about games, which is pretty pathetic really.

They hardly changed the controller at all from the 360's design, which most Xbox Fanboys will probably like. I already didn't think much about the 360 controller, so this barely changed design didn't really impress me much.

The 15 Exclusive games with 8 new IP's sounded good at first. Until I thought about it, and realised that they might not be released for months after launch ( plus most will probably be average at best ).

The Voice and Hand Gesture recognition of the new Kinect looked very impractical too me. And not like a viable replacement to what a couple of button presses could also achieve.

The concentration on crappy sports games like Fifa ( and all of which will be coming too PS4 as well ) wasn't very exciting. But the new IP looked alright, kind of like a cross between Max Payne and Beyond Two Souls.

I also didn't like the misleading remarks Microsoft made for a lot of the games. Like they were Xbox exclusives or something. Mostly because a lot of casuals are idiots and would definitely misunderstand Microsoft's bullshit.

The Windows 8-like user interface was alright, along side the easy integration and navigation of TV/ Internet and Games. I hope the PS4 has a half decent Internet Browser and Search Engine, alongside something like the PlayTV App they have for the PS3 ( only with the ability to record more than one channel to the Hard Drive ). Also Microsoft didn't say which Cable/Satellite providers would be able to integrate with the new system ( I'm very doubtful about the compatibility with providers outside of the US ).

Overall I was not very impressed with the Multi-Media Hub concept over the PS4's Powerful Gaming Rig design. They only showed the Specs for a couple of seconds, and not long enough to read everything. Although it did say it would have 8 Gigs of Ram they didn't specify whether it was DDR3 or DDR5, and whether it was overclocked or not ( speed is so important when it comes to memory ). Plus they didn't even provide info on what CPU they were using.

I think all of this points to Microsoft concentrating the Xbox One on being a Multi-Media Hub rather than real competition for the power the PS4 has. Meaning that almost certainly 3rd part games will be looking far better on the PS4, and that the PS4 will be the Developer's console of choice, when deciding which system to code their games for first. :clap:

• Like 1

I like the look

I have OCD, I can't open the xbox guide because it isn't symmetrical. I don't like the looks the like the PS3 Slim, I don't like shit that's not symmetrical or has 13 different flat surfaces. I'll take a console that looks like a box than a console that looks it was designed by someone with the shakes.

I think I will stick with the current generation until at least 6 months after they launch - by then I am sure there will be definitive reasons for buying either and as a noob, I am not relying on marketing propaganda to make my choice

@blacksox -- they said all 15 will release within a year... however, those could be xbox live exclusives too, which don't count IMO...

Thanks, I didn't catch the 'within a year' part.

But still, that could be 9 or 11 months after launch...

E3 is around the corner, I'm sure the XBOX (and PS4) will reveal more of the 'gaming' part of the system.

But if the xbox won't allow used games to be played unless you pay a fee is ridiculous. Its still a rumour though.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-support-second-hand-games-for/1

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_One_Features

This is what I don't understand, you can't make any decisions yet. We don't know much at all about either one.

Awh look at Brian trying to defend the Xbox any way he can.... adorable.

What are you talking about? I'm not impressed by Xbox at all, in fact I'm leaning towards Playstation but there is barely any info out on each, so to make decisions now doesn't seem logical, unless you're only in it for exclusives.

EDIT: To be honest, I'm not impressed by either, so I really have no clue what to think, it's just that the PS4 seems more promising.

Edited by Brian

So far, if had to choose now, id be leaning xbox

All depends on the $$$$

They both have very similar specs, so most people will probably go for what's cheaper, and then all their friends will copy them etc...

So far, if had to choose now, id be leaning xbox

All depends on the $$$$

Yeah you have to pay a fee to use Pre-Owned games whereas with Sony you don't. Xbox One's Memory is 8 Gigabytes DDR3 compared to PS4's 8 Gigabytes of lightning fast DDR5. Also the PS4's GPU is better.......

But I can see how you would get the Xbox............

i won't be buying next gen until some game comes out that i have to play... like a new fallout, or something new and exclusive to the PS4... yea, i'm not wasting my time with an xbox since none of my friends will anyways... play what your friends play...

i won't be buying next gen until some game comes out that i have to play... like a new fallout, or something new and exclusive to the PS4... yea, i'm not wasting my time with an xbox since none of my friends will anyways... play what your friends play...

How about Metal Gear Solid 5? Will that make you buy a PS4?

Exclusives are the only thing I care about, plus I don't like paying monthly to play multiplayer. Ps4 for me, although I will be keeping track of what the Sexbox fun is boasting about until its released, still interested.

all my friends have xbox 360's and i have one too, but it sicks in another room and collects dust lol. growing up we were all playstation then they moved. but ive always stuck with it. i might get this xbox at some point down the road if i happen to see a game i like

Watchdogs and Infamous: Second Son aren't games you have to play?

How about Metal Gear Solid 5? Will that make you buy a PS4?

no. but im buying one anyway, but metal gear wouldn't make me buy a console

I'm guessing you have never played a Metal Gear Solid Game.

Especially the best one's, like MGS 3 and 4.

Same. It's going to take Fallout, GTA, or a Saints Row that doesn't look like a copy/paste of 3 to get me to buy a PS4.

Watchdogs and Infamous: Second Son aren't games you have to play?

Watch_Dogs is on PS3, too. No need to buy a PS4 for that. And Second Son, like the previous two games, won't keep people busy long enough to be worth buying a console for.

I'm guessing you have never played a Metal Gear Solid Game.

Especially the best one's, like MGS 3 and 4.

i have actually, i just don't think their that great, to justify spending money on a console to solely get that game.

Well then, the next gen console war begin.... Lets do this.

Saying that, i couldn't give a fuck about merging my console, TV, voice and penis into one interactive experience. They spent half the conference talking about the TV integration for fuck sake. Secondly, i'm not a fan of sport games, AT all... If you like sport, fucking play sport instead of pretending you are. Or just watch it, and leave it to the professionals. Fuck EA. And for fuck sake, Dogs of Duty? WOW Xbollock one, you paired with Inifinity Ward to get exclusive content on a relic franchise and give them dogs... Lucky bastards!

Final note; I wonder how much they paid Spielberg to praise their HALO TV SERIES?! xD

On a serious note, I see this:

PS4 is aimed at the hardcore gamer, the original gamer.

Xbox1 is aimed at the sports junkie - the fat bastard who sits on the couch watching sports on TV then switches to play more sport n their game.

:P

• Like 5

i have actually, i just don't think their that great, to justify spending money on a console to solely get that game.

I don't get why people complain about the price of Next Gen Consoles.

My PS3 cost me $1000 back in 2007, which is very good value for money when you consider the thousands of hours of gaming I got out of it over the past 6 years ( plus remember it was one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players back then ). And this makes me exasperated when Americans complain that they have to pay $400 for a console, and however much it was in pounds in Scotland.

Compare it with some of the High-End PC's that came out the same year. Which could cost you $2000-$3000, and only last you about 3-4 years before you need to upgrade it again.

Can the new Xbox make me a delicious, yet balanced, breakfast?
Yes and its full of protein.