Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

yea, the fallout misc. quests got mixed in with the notes and holotapes and passwords and recipes and etc... i probably ignored a lot of them, they usually consisted of roughly the same things skyrim does; bring me this or gather that... but at least it's organized...

the more and more hours i sink into skyrim, the more and more excited i get about the next fallout... i am really loving the engine build... it's oblivion on steroids, and to be honest, i haven't experienced a lot of glitches and freezes... it's been a pretty smooth experience so far... whiterun still slows down at times *cough* fire *cough* but i haven't really dealt with the typical bugs that you'd expect with a bethesda-published title...

*knocks on wood*

I've tried to clear up my quests but I've got heaps of buggy quests I can't clear. Speaking to esbern after he

asks you to kill parthunaax

. and can't complete speak to the jarl of riften or return to the jarl of riften. Getting annoying that I can't clear out all my quests. I like to be organized.

I finally finished the main quest (and downloaded the update, lol). Tbh,it wasn't that epic. I enjoyed the College Of Winterhold questline a lot more.

My level 33 high elf is now on her quest to master Five Magics (see what I did there). I'm at 92 conjuration, 77 Destruction, 50 Restoration, 37 Alteration, and 37 illusion, so clearly I've got a while to go yet.

Also, she's kicking it with Zombie Ulfric Stormclock in a loin cloth atm. I love the Dead Thrall spell.

Edit: I just fast travelled with Ulfric, and now his got all his clothing back. WTF???

cadman03.jpg

what i saw after being poisoned and brainwashed by a daedric prince, which i now must this complete quest because i am drugged, and i want to make the experience true... i guess i chose the right time to have a trippy experienced... i was wondering why the sky looked so bad ass while i was seeing wild colors :lol:...

--------------------------

@HBH - you're a level ahead of me, and i just read alduin's wall about an hour ago :P... my skill build is not that of a mage, but my next character is going to be a ruthless/cunning/evil mage... but right now my main skills are smithing (73), heavy armor (67/87 with the ring i always use), one-handed (79), lockpick (56), sneak (63), conjuration (36) and enchanting (62)... i am actually starting to get into conjuration, and my breton started out with a decent level already... i just haven't really used it outside of soul trapping... i turned my breton into a tank warrior with an above average resistance to magic/poisons/diseases...

i am a warrior out there, but i do look forward to creating a hunter with my next file... you seem to be doing the character build i want to try out...

EDIT: HA!! i was wondering why i would find strange types of arrows on enemies, then also find them in mjoll's inventory... she's like most of bethesda's in-game followers; annoying as fuck, and usually taking something better to use in combat... so i gave her an arrow i am looking forward to having a nice collection of, the ebony arrow... now i find one on dead enemies every now and then... all it takes is a single arrow to equip her with infinite ones... i am sure not all companions use arrows, but then again, i never use anyone else...

This week, I borrowed a copy of MW3, received a copy of Halo Anniversary, picked up Black Ops, Trivial Pursuit, and Borderlands and alI could play this weekend is Skyrim (aside from playing TP with Mrs. Person Eater).

I'm in the middle of the war, but I keep getting distracted from going back and telling someone that I fucking killed everyone. "Oh, you're done killing everyone? Go see this dickhead and let him know you're done killing everyone." Ok. Fast travel somewhere to let the dickhead know everyone is dead. "Thank you for killing everyone in that city. Here is a supershitty sword for your efforts. Now go and talk to the dickhead that sent you here and get the next location of the place where you're going to meet up with some useless scouts that you're probably going to kill with your rain of fireballs and arrows, then kill everyone else and their dogs and horses. When you're done, go see the dickhead that sent you to meet the scouts, that I sent you to go see after he sent you to come see me after you killed everyone and went and told him that they were dead and he was glad because he had told you to go meet with the scouts when you went and saw him because I had told you to go see him for the mission. I'll dig around in the shitter for a weapon to give you when you get back. See you soon."

But I am still loving the game.

^lmao, that pretty much sums up the whole civil war quest series. It was pretty tedious.

I played 6 hours last night and knocked out two or three more of the Civil War quests. Same shit, go here, see him, go see scouts, kill everyone, go back there, come back here.

I have to break them up with other quests.

Had a major glitch last night, but could only do it once, sort of.

I was in Windhelm doing the Murderer quest and was waiting around the market place to find the killer. Anyway i got bored waiting and started jumping up at the blacksmith sigh and making it swing. All of a sudden on one of my jumps the game sticks for a second (or did something) then i'm falling. I end up in the sea, no land anywhere. Obviously i'm thinking "what the fuck". I look on my map and i've some how manage to end up miles to the south west of the map. I still have my arrows pointing me to my quests so i start swimming. I do this for a good 20-30 mins, and i didn't seem to be getting any closer. Then i tried just diving straight down, had a potion that let me waterbreath for a minute but never found the bottom and i drowned.

Reloaded and tried it again but the ps3 kept crashing. But on one occasion i suddenly jump/flew to the otherside of the market, really weird. Only thing i can think of is that my pushing of the sign glitches it to catapult me somewhere. Give it a go and let me know.

Oh and Delphine finally forgave me for whatever i pissed her off with so a can now continue the main storyline. Currently in Winterhold doing the magic stuff, don't really cared for it but figured it might help getting some decent spells just incase i need them, But with my magicka only at 120 and all the magic schools not even pasted 30 i don't think i'll be relying on them heavierly. Keeping to the heavy armour and sneak attacks work best for me, plus the shouts of course.

wow, i've logged in a whopping 149 hours :o... i think i last left off at level 32 too... whiterun is starting to lag even more, and my storage conatainers in my house are taking longer to scroll through because of a noticalbe lag when looking at the list of items, or when adding items to it... file size is near 8MB now, i am wondering how bad it's going to be when i reach 10MB...

i cross-checked the file size with my fallout new vegas saves and came up with a stuning conclusion; my main new vegas file still has a 100 more hours than skyrim :D... however, my evil character has played only 10 more hours than my current skyrim file... and i am just now getting ready to head to winterhold for the elder scroll and for various other quests that needs wrapping up around the area... but i have to journey to windhelm to get there, so i could potentionally end up adding another 12 or so misc. quests and a couple more main quests on top of the huge list of quests i've picked up in the past 15-20 hours of gaming...

good grief, i'll never finish this game, will i :lol:...

I've been avoiding playing it since after Christmas, because I know if I start, I'll end up hooked on it for the entire time I have off right now. And i don't want to waste all my time on Skyrim... As much as I like it.

icon11.gif

Got it off a buddies steam account for free a week ago

2012012500001q.jpgfagta.png

kinda looks like me, but the fuckin beard is bang on lol.

2012012500002n.jpg

legendary dwarven armor smithed myself at level 28 is pretty fuckin good i think. enchanted smithing improvements 8 percent on 2 things and came across a potion that raised it 40 percent for 30 seconds. that and i punked all my ingots from the ruins in markarth, smelted me some of those dwemer scraps. kinda wish i did it with orcish and just spent the money but whatevs.

@convo before D-O... i have been cheap with my game playing the past couple of years... i rent when i really want to play and beat something, but i haven't bought a game since saints row 3... and before that?? go back to may, LA noire... sometimes there's more important things to spend money on... i made skyrim my christmas gift and looked forward to it for 2 months... and now that i have it, i really don't see anything out there right now worth playing anyways... so until then, i will skyrim it up!! then start an evil mage character and play that until another game can command my time.... and right now, i don't really see anything coming up that's worth it...

EDIT: DEAR GOD!!! D-O is playing skyrim!! welcome to the other reality we all live in...

icon11.gif

no fucking way lol

well i got 45 quests and and 98 mics missions. not sure where to see the the overall hours played. all i know is i played the shit out of it. gonna cut down on it a bit cause i got homework and drinking to do this weekend.

edit

a quick way i was leveling my stats and just buying a fuck load of leather and making leather Armour and shit. blacksmiths always have leather armour stock. i just make a crap load and sell it. also when i kill someone i always take their armour. usually its imperials and their light armour. take those, upgrade them at a work bench and you level it up pretty good when you doing to to 10 armour suits at a time after each quest. that and you turn a profit.

icon11.gif

no fucking way lol

well i got 45 quests and and 98 mics missions. not sure where to see the the overall hours played. all i know is i played the shit out of it. gonna cut down on it a bit cause i got homework and drinking to do this weekend.

edit

a quick way i was leveling my stats and just buying a fuck load of leather and making leather Armour and shit. blacksmiths always have leather armour stock. i just make a crap load and sell it. also when i kill someone i always take their armour. usually its imperials and their light armour. take those, upgrade them at a work bench and you level it up pretty good when you doing to to 10 armour suits at a time after each quest. that and you turn a profit.

i found most of my leather killing wolves and bears out in the wild :lol:, no wonder my hours are much higher.. and i have done a TON of smithing with leather and iron... i buy up all the iron ingots from anyone selling them, plus i never leave home without a pickaxe... and i buy various other ingots and ores from anyone selling them... dupzor told me a long time ago, smithing is important :D...

i've invested a lot of time recently trapping grand souls into gems, and also trapping petty animals for the sake of leveling enchanting... the grand souls are saved for enchanting my own armor, weapons and bows, like my burning bow from hell :D, which light opponents on fire naturally...

with all those quests though, you're missing all of the places i've wasted my hours on... some locations take 5 minutes, others take hours...

EDIT: check your save file when loading or saving... that will tell you all the file information you need...

You're doing extremely well for not having Fallout experience like most of us. You picked that shit up quick.

*Raises a tankard of mead to D-O*

You just seem to be doing as much as possible in whatever area you're in before moving on, regardless of the amount of xp you get doing it. Nothing wrong with that. When I played Fallout 3 for the first time, I spent three days doing everything there was to do in Megaton. Granted, I've played it enough that I can now do all that shit in an hour, but still.

To be honest i think i have played it wrong, i harfly ever smith or make potions etc...i just go around doing missions and then upping skills. I find armour and then upp my heavy armour skill which inturn makes my armour better...tbh i think that im not doing it how its ment to be done, but we will see what happens when i start playing again.