Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

How'd u move people around? All i can do is search them. I'm on the PS3 so might be different but if not i really wanna do that.

I wonder if you could kill other people if you hit them with it.

I didn't know it at first. Fallout had a separate button for moving things.

yea, i kept pushing all the fallout buttons too... now i wonder what it's going to be like when i fire up fallout again :lol:... i am still upset at the object placing though, it feels like oblivion and it's clunky ways of placing shit... i placed a dragon claw, dragon map and butterfly in a jar in my house... so far, the butterfly jar is the only thing still in it's place... i've since picked up the map and claw because the map ended up clipping through a crate and the claw eventually made it's way to the front door... the environment rejects all foreign objects...

fallout felt so precise and i hope it stays that way... i can place, manipulate and adjust over and over without a worry in the world of losing that object or watching the environment reject it... i wonder why that is, fallout handling that completely different than the elder scrolls, even though they're the same engine... then after what i thought was an improvement in object placing, skyrim goes back to the oblivion ways...

strange...

icon11.gif

So I made up a full thing of daedric Armour but it wasn't as good as my ebony because of my smiting potion i used when i made the ebony made it retarded strong. gonna wait till i get more of that AND untill I can enchant better smithing clothing. by then I will probably use that for dragon Armour and give the deadric to my follower.

lvl 40 now. smithing is like 97. gonna hit the soft cap soon. wanna hit up enchanting hard so I can get better weapons and not reply of the skill perks. that or should I focus on the perks like heavy Armour working better?

the cap supposedly is 81... i know the game says 50, but people talk about level 81 for some reason... i don't know it's it's a cheat/exploit, but i have been trying to build my character for 50 levels, with hopes of explanding his skills if it really goes to 81...

I mean I don't know which. That's how it worked in Oblivion, so I think it works the same way in Skyrim, but I don't know for sure.

According to the Wiki, 81 is the max level.

ok... that's a pretty high number too, i could see myself getting a magic skill to 50 in just one, maybe to levels... i would like speech to be better, but the only way i can do that is by selling shit and to persuade someone in convo... i am at 43 in that skil i think...

----------

what is the deal with blackreach?!?! that's one crazy place, i tell you what... i felt like i was on skooma or something...

Don't forget the speech exploit in Riften. The dude at the meadery will take you to 100 with his glitch. Just press X/A 1,000,000 times. Speech is a good skill to have, makes prices better, plus you can persuade everyone. Also, the perks in the speech tree are pretty nice at helping you generating mad money.

what is the deal with blackreach?!?! that's one crazy place, i tell you what... i felt like i was on skooma or something...

Yeah, it's my favourite location in the game, just ahead of Labyrinthian. It's bloody huge,has an eerie feel to it, and it even has its own dragon. Who knows how it got in there. It was probably the only major location I'd never heard about before I got there. It's a pity there aren't many quests tied to it.

icon11.gif

the cap supposedly is 81... i know the game says 50, but people talk about level 81 for some reason... i don't know it's it's a cheat/exploit, but i have been trying to build my character for 50 levels, with hopes of explanding his skills if it really goes to 81...

To get that high all your skills need to be at 100. I looked it up. The soft cap means at level 50, you don't level up at fast. It takes more experience to get a new level. So Im saying ull be unable to get perks as fast. So If I have good enchanting and smithing I can boost all my shit and focus on other skills later.

Just to clarify what DO said:

Level 50 is the soft-cap. Level 81 is the hard-cap.

This means that after the soft-cap (50), levelling up becomes a lot more difficult (but not impossible). The hard-cap (81) can only be achieved if all skills are at 100.

well, i am sure the skills i use a lot will be at 100 when i reach level 50... so, i did my build correctly i pressume, and shouldn't have a problem once i reach the soft cap... but that fact that after level 50 i can work on my other skills is a nice bonus... i don't mind that it takes longer to level, it just means i have even more time to enjoy the world i live in :D...

icon11.gif

well, i am sure the skills i use a lot will be at 100 when i reach level 50... so, i did my build correctly i pressume, and shouldn't have a problem once i reach the soft cap... but that fact that after level 50 i can work on my other skills is a nice bonus... i don't mind that it takes longer to level, it just means i have even more time to enjoy the world i live in :D...

yah pretty much, im almost there and ive only bin playing about 2 weeks

check the hours played, if you're roughly less than half of mine, then you're on my pace :D... last time i check it was around 178 hours... you find that info out my checking your save file, before you save over it... or go to the load screen and bring up a file without loading it... ...unless it's different on the PC than it is on the PS3...

icon11.gif

yup, skyrim is sucking just as much of your life away as it is mine... in two weeks, you'll be over 175 hours too :lol:...

Nah I beat the main dragon story mission. I think I can lay off a bit. got a lot of HW to do.