Joint ops

Possible nuclear test site or area 51

Gotta admit a part of me has always wanted to see a usable nuke in GTA (however unreasonable and technically far-fetched as that is). There would need to be a caveat, though, considering the massive amount of destruction it would immediately do to the map. For example, if the protag is able to actually witness the explosion, the shock wave would kill him if the actual explosion doesn't. When you respawn, so does whatever area was destroyed. Maybe in such a circumstance R* could add a brief cut-scene after you die showing the devastation so you can appreciate your unspeakable deed, haha.

Anyway, that's a pipe dream, but the possibility of having a military base in the desert a la Area 51 would be great and is probable to a degree. I loved the concept of Area 69 in SA, and all of the strange oddities in the desert like The Big Ear and all of the other creepy, secretive things to discover.

I understand the whole point of realism and blah blah blah. But I prefer a military base over just an FBI station or police stations. If they have to make one up, then so be it. If not, then I guess we'll all have to wait until the next GTA game comes out. A military base or at least some sort of military within the game would be more enjoyable then having to fight off FBI cars. That's just like adding more heavily armored police to the game and that bores me. I was upset about that in 'GTA IV' but it was made up with the N.O.O.S.E. tank in 'GTA: TBoGT' so I can't complain.

I understand the whole point of realism and blah blah blah. But I prefer a military base over just an FBI station or police stations. If they have to make one up, then so be it. If not, then I guess we'll all have to wait until the next GTA game comes out. A military base or at least some sort of military within the game would be more enjoyable then having to fight off FBI cars. That's just like adding more heavily armored police to the game and that bores me. I was upset about that in 'GTA IV' but it was made up with the N.O.O.S.E. tank in 'GTA: TBoGT' so I can't complain.

There will most likely be a military base, but this is about a nuclear site, which is probably not going to happen.

Well judging by the military looking jet in the trailer I think there will be an army base of some sorts, maybe like the national guard base thing from Los Santos in San Andreas? as for a nuclear test sight I highly doubt that personally, but you never know, they may add something in like that just as an Easter egg

What if the antagonist is gonna blow up the city for some reason- via - nuke - but you in the final mission like shoot down his plane or sink his ship and he dies and the nukes are on the bottom of the ocean. LOL what if you could have it as a special easter egg, where you get a submarine or infinite breath and you can go down and see them there. :D :D

What if the antagonist is gonna blow up the city for some reason- via - nuke - but you in the final mission like shoot down his plane or sink his ship and he dies and the nukes are on the bottom of the ocean. LOL what if you could have it as a special easter egg, where you get a submarine or infinite breath and you can go down and see them there. :D :D

Worst. Storyline. Ever.

• Like 1

I don't like the Nuclear test sight idea. But, I do like the whole area 51 thing. There could be a Mission where you go into area 51 and have to retreive so major thing like an Alien corpse found at roswell crash sight. Or have it where you enter and their is a huge armory like someone had already suggested. And perhaps have a Hovercraft inside that base.

Worst. Storyline. Ever.

I SAID AS A FINAL MISSION NOT A WHOLE STORY LINE :o

Worst. Storyline. Ever.

Exactly that is such a cheesy mission idea, which indicates the story would be the same.

Worst. Storyline. Ever.

Exactly that is such a cheesy mission idea, which indicates the story would be the same.

Then what do you think a good mission would be involving nukes ?

That's a great idea but if we shoot it with missiles and an rpj repeatedly than it should blow up if it actually showed a nuclear bomb (insert reference to nuketown from cod here)

Or there could be either a super secret gun or cheat for a gun that shoots basically anti gravity rings and makes whatever it hits (you guessed it) fly like there's no gravity.

Guest Marney-1

It would be cool if we got to see live aliens in a secret military complex, but not cartoony looking ones.

alien_asgard_stargate.jpg

It would be cool if we got to see live aliens in a secret military complex, but not cartoony looking ones.

In life sized test tube type shit.

Guest Marney-1

In life sized test tube type shit.

No. Like walking round a huge lab or inspecting an unusual flying craft alongside humans.

Worst. Storyline. Ever.

What is this? Hollywood 2012?

Worst. Storyline. Ever.

Worst. Storyline. Ever.

Agree. Nukes are just a stupid idea. Ain't gonna happen..

and if there is any nuclear site, what would they nuke?

It'd be cool at night, driving down a desert highway and seeing a flash and fireball in the distance.

Sorry if this was mentioned before but, um, the battle for L.A. anyone? I could most defiantly see some sort of military base in there, a nuclear test sight? Not so much. Maybe some holding area for a UFO somewhere in the countryside, I could see that.

It'd be cool at night, driving down a desert highway and seeing a flash and fireball in the distance.

This is GTA not Fallout. I'm okay with the driving down a desert highway at night, that sounds good, but the rest... no. Not realistic, and GTA is rooted in its realistic portrayal of society and current events.

Although thinking about it, if you meant a nuclear test site as opposed to a random nuclear warhead being dropped... they have those in Nevada but i'm not sure about Cali, any Americans help me out on that one. If so are they still active? I thought most nuclear testing was carried out from the 40s up until the late 60s.

This is GTA not Fallout. I'm okay with the driving down a desert highway at night, that sounds good, but the rest... no. Not realistic, and GTA is rooted in its realistic portrayal of society and current events.

Although thinking about it, if you meant a nuclear test site as opposed to a random nuclear warhead being dropped... they have those in Nevada but i'm not sure about Cali, any Americans help me out on that one. If so are the still active? I thought most nuclear testing was carried out from the 40s up until the late 60s.

They don't test Nuclear Weapons anymore above ground, but they have tested them underground but I think they canceled that to...

It would be cool to probably just see craters while driving across the desert but that's it...