Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Resident Evil Series

re6-9692997.jpg

Yes, yet another Resident Evil has been announced to be released on: 20th November 2012. This one looks set to go back to the genre's core traditions.

Resident Evil 6 takes place in a town called Tall Oaks, situated in China. Leon Kennedy has become friends with the US President after his help cleaning up Racoon City (10 years ago). The US President has arrived in China to reveal the truth behind Racoon City, and Leon Is flown in to meet up with him.

In RE6, the T-Virus Zombie Bioterrorism outbreak has made a come back, and it has the same traditional feel as the first wave of Resident Evil games.

Along with the announcement of Resident Evil 6 at Capcom 15th anniversary event, came this lengthy trailer, which should explain a lot. :)

Trailer:

(why isn't the youtube media window working?)

Personally, i think they've made a great decision to go back to their roots, and produce something that feels right. Resident Evil 4 felt out of place, but was a pretty good game. Resident Evil 5 just didn't feel like a Resi-Evil any more, they took it too far in the wrong direction.

Who's played the original Resident Evil game, and who thinks this one will live up to the Resident Evil name?

i never got into resident evil... i've played 1, 2 and 0, but never beat them... i am not a big horror genre fan either, but if i had to choose, i would play silent hill over resident evil any day of the week... this dosn't look fun to me, but then again, it was mostly cutscenes... i barely saw any gameplay...

i know a lot of people are excited about, but i am not one...

I will wait a long time to play this game. I still have RE5 DLC to beat and then RE4 HD and then maybe the RE: Racoon City or whatever the fuck the game coming out in the next month or so. So, maybe 2014?

Also, what the fuck with all the Resident Evil games? RE5 was barely stomachable, if this is another co-op action game, fucking forget it. With two male leads (and a possible third, HUNK?) that's likely going to be the case. Also, in the trailer, was that the president's daughter HELP ME LEON? If so, no buy. Also, I don't want to deal with the plague, I want fucking zombies that don't ride motorcycles or shoot guns.

I want ONIMUSHA! Concentrate on that Capcom, for Samanoske sake.

I miss the survival horror games from my youth. Silent Hill and Resident Evil were amazing. Resident evil has become more action horror over the years, and the silent hill games just very little to offer in terms of new fresh ideas. I think it's hard to balance new ideas with original game mechanics when the limitations of games keep getting pushed up.

Oh i found this:

492355f79773f1ca8a83617f83b93405.jpg

Rise of Nightmares is indeed a horror game, ie, the kinect controls are horror-ble.

Lol at Condemned being on the Action horror game, it had plenty of puzzles and was no doubt a survival horror game.

Interesting to see Metro on the action horror list. I didn't play it, but apparently the final product didn't have the feel the developers claimed it would have.

yea, kinda makes me not want to play it anymore... ...ahh who am i kidding, i'll probably never have an xbox... i heard rumors of the 2nd one going multiplat though... the 1st one was on a very short list of xbox games i wanted to play if i ever got one... was alan wake any good?? that was suppose to be a action/horror-esque game, with probably a "secret window" like twist...

resident evil always had me on the edge with their shock factor... when riding the train in resident evil 0, i remember a sequence where i had to switch characters to solve a puzzle that spanned a few cars and after activating a switch of some sort, after flipping back to the other character to proceed, an enemy jumps out of the freezer right on me!! easily one of the scariest moments for me in gaming... i screamed and woke my parents up :lol:...

but silent hill's spooky atmosphere drives me CRAZY... the feeling of not knowing what's in front you, or hearing an enemy off in the distance, not knowing which direction it was coming from... hearing the static from the radio and STILL not knowing what's coming, or quite where it's coming from... i don't dabble in this genre all that much, but silent hill literally scares the shit of me... the newer stuff i haven't played, but silent hill 1-2 were fucking scary...

silent hill is also still the best video game based movie, but i did like the 1st resident evil movie... i gave up after the 3rd one though, despite milla...

silent hill is also still the best video game based movie, but i did like the 1st resident evil movie... i gave up after the 3rd one though, despite milla...

Not even my beloved Milla can make that shit watchable. They need to do a reboot instead of wasting time on a fifth movie.

Besides gta elder scrolls/fallout

The resident evil games are my favorite. It all started with re2. I was hooked. Broke disc 2 later on after I beat it....

Re4 changed the name of the game seeing Leon in a 3d setting blew my mind. Re5 was good versus and mercs gave it some replay value. Altho I can play the story mode over anf over and never get bored. I'm really surprized that there is already a release date cause re4 and re5 came out like 6 years apart. It's lookin good good ole regular zombies. More melee.

Anybody gunman get re-orc? It looks pretty decent and I'm alwsys dying to know more about umbrella and u get the option to kill Leon lol

Gunna not gunman.

Duck spellcheck

DUCK

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resident Evil was the game that got me hooked on video games. Yeah, I had played the Mario-fucks-the-princess games for the Nintendo, but RE was the series that actually made me want a playstation. I have, and have beaten:

RE1

RE2

RE3

RE: Outbreak

RE: Code Veronica X

RE4

I was going to get RE5, but I didn't have a PS3 (still refuse to get one until they make them backwards compatible, but I digress). A buddy of mine had it for his 360 (and I now own a 360 and am constantly playing Dead Island, but again, I digress), and I got the chance to play it. SUCKED. The co-op thing was ok, and I don't mind having someone help me out when I'm getting my ass handed to me. But the enemies weren't even close to being zombies (ok, so neither were the los illuminados from RE4, but they were at least mindless and bloodthirsty), and the game didn't seem to have any type of survival horror feel to it. I played it for about 30 minutes and just put the controller down.

Leon is my favorite character, and I'm glad to see he isn't dead within the franchise. I am awaiting the release of this game, and I will definitely play it. We'll see if it lives up to the awesomeness most of its predecessors gave us.

Yeah leon has been my favorite throughout the series, but re6 is looking more like Leon chris and someone unknown. So im guessing 3 story lines. I have a feeling from what I've read, that capcom is going to reboot the series for a more survival horror feel as the earier gsmes had. I've also noticed melee will play a more vital roll when surrounded by zombies. From what ive seen you can also sprint.( I'm not sure i will like this, takes away the fear factor of something chasing ypu or being right behind you).

Zombies seem more responsive and aware of their surroundings. Also faster and have the ability to run/jump. I also jeard solo or coop will be back. Mercenaries will return(?) And also a couple other characters from previous games.

I herd ashley from re4 Ada wong

HUNK

Barry Burton

Wesker.

Im not sure this is only speculations and from video breakdown similar to gta5 trailer breakdown. Right now im 50/50 on the trailer. It looks great, but my mind wonders if it will all fit together smoothly. seems rather fast pased for a resident evil game to me. Will still buy it either way tho.

Resident Evil 'Revelaitons' misprint makes it to retail

rerev23.jpg

Capcom made an embarrassing printing error on the spine of the Resident Evil: Revelations box sent to reviewers -- one made more embarrassing by the "revelaiton" today that it's still on the version of the art sent to retailers in advance of Tuesday's release.

Source

I lol'd

Just a small heads up (It's Resi related)

Over @ Assembler a chap has managed to get his hands on 2 unreleased prototypes of Resident Evil for the gameboy, the community then raised 2k that was put towards buying the release of these. Alot of shit has been talked, particuarly at Kotaku and Screwattack (two shitholes) but the community wasn't holding anything hostage because the chap who owned them has taken a fair price drop (He paid more than 2k for them).

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=561614&postcount=311

Some gameplay footage of Resi 6. Finally a proper zombie game from Capcom again. And it looks quite polished! I've been waiting too long for a decent zombie survival game. Hopefully this will keep me content...

icon11.gif

Resident Evil 6 Has Regenerating Health

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/20083/resident-evil-6-has-regenerating-health

fail

Ah that's a shame. I hope there's a way to turn that off, and play it traditionally. This game seems like it'll be fun. Plus it's a game for me and the misses to co-op. Even thought the last resi was a bit of a let down, we still had fun co-op'ing the entire game on every difficulty.

icon11.gif

Yah true.

IDK, I read max payne had regenerative health but you could turn on the classic pain killers mode.

When I played it, there was no regeneration and I didn't turn shit on or off. Just by default it was like the old games so thats how i played it.

I know multiplayer has regenerative health...