Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Resident Evil Series

Just Some Correction

re6-9692997.jpg

Yes, yet another Resident Evil has been announced to be released on: 20th November 2012. This one looks set to go back to the genre's core traditions.

Resident Evil 6 takes place in various locations including a town called Tall Oaks, and in China. Leon Kennedy is working for the Government on behalf of the US President after his help cleaning up Racoon City (10 years ago). The US President has arrived in Tall Oaks to reveal the truth behind Racoon City, and Leon Is flown in to meet up with him.

In RE6, the T-Virus Zombie Bioterrorism outbreak has made a come back, and it has the same traditional feel as the first wave of Resident Evil games.

The stories take place at different location culminating in the final part/s of the main three stories finishing in China (so far as we know), There are five confirmed separate stories to play Chris Redfield (and his companion Piers Nivans), Leon Kennedy (and his companion Helen Harper), Jake Muller (and his partner Sherry Birkin), Ada Wong (solo story unlocked after finishing the main three run throughs), and the Prelude (which I assume is unlocked after finishing Ada's story. The three companions are playable if your playing co-op.

The main three stories cross over so at some points two different stories merge and you will have for example Leon and Sherry teamed up, and Jake and Helen teamed up.

So Resident Evil has finally made a comeback in a totally different way. 

From what i've seen in the trailer, it looks heavily influenced by the canceled 'Silent Hills' title by the fabeled publisher Konami. Reminiscent of P.T. (Playable Trailer). 

The back to basics jumps & scares makes sense in this series, as that's what the original trilogy was all about.

The first Resident Evil game to be exclusively first person is perfect for getting up close and personal. This is of course because of the rise of VR. I'm not sure if the game is going to be entirely VR exclusive or not though. But is sure looks meant for VR which i think looks great.

Let's hope they bring back normal Zombies and not all the parasite/insect iterations from over the failed half of the series. 

On 1/20/2012 at 8:57 PM, Massacre said:

Not even my beloved Milla can make that shit watchable. They need to do a reboot instead of wasting time on a fifth movie.

Heh. I missed this old shit topic. But, i will say i've enjoyed every one of the Resident Evil movies.

3079403-resident_evil_7_biohazard_-_ps4_

Did a play-through of this bad boy on my PS4 and LOVED IT! I am shocked I did not see a thread for it. Maybe I overlooked it??

Either way, I highly recommend it. The characters were great, the storyline is the first I have enjoyed since 4. I won't give any spoilers...

Who has played it? 

I'm currently playing this atm. Been live streaming my entire first playthrough. It is a decent game from what I've seen so far...

I love the fact they kept the "Safe/Save room". That small pocket of calm and salvation amongst the craziness really gives you time to reflect, and of course get your breath back.