Guest Marney-1

Saints Row

Guest Marney1

post-24-0-91908700-1301635455_thumb.jpg

so, what do we got here?? a southwest (chupacabra) city or more of a new orleans flavor??

Blatant attempt at a GTA rip off. Definitely came from all the GTA 5 Wish List threads. I'm not even gonna mention Bigfoot........

• Like 1

post-24-0-91908700-1301635455_thumb.jpg

so, what do we got here?? a southwest (chupacabra) city or more of a new orleans flavor??

Blatant attempt at a GTA rip off. Definitely came from all the GTA 5 Wish List threads. I'm not even gonna mention Bigfoot........

Why did you start the topic (twice) if you're just going to knock the game? It's a fun game, it's not a threat to GTA, it makes me happy, that all that matters. Everyone else can fuck off.

Fella in the mask is from a Hispanic gang, that's the barrio.

the lucha barrios??

Indeed. You see (and it appears you're actually the only one that fucking sees...), this game is not meant to be serious or be taken seriously, thus, guerrillas in luchadore masks.

SURPRISE

I'm about to bitch about another game.

I swear its like developers just want to make games easier and shittier to see if we will buy them.

That being said, I loved SR, I loved SR2, the Third has me kinda questioning it. I mean, they've taken out a few features that make Saint's Row, Saint's Row.

Fuck it, I'll probably end up buying this game though.

And Bones, you were asking what kind of city it was, I believe its supposed to be based heavily on Chicago...I mean, just like the other Saints Rows were...but a different city. I don't know, don't care.

Who wants to play with me?

Guest God

I know GTA is over the top but this is too over the top. *Moans, makes cup of tea, watches Last of The Summer Wine*

it was crazy since the beginning... and this video surprises you?? i am pretty sure me and massacre aren't too surprised at all... we know there are even more zany surprises in store... i do like how the saints start out on top, it gives a lot more freedom to the world volition has created, they start off crazy, and it can't get more sane after that...

and from the video, i was pleasantly surprised to hear them talk about retooling the driving mechanics... the driving was probably my biggest complaint, it was waaaaay too arcadish, to a point where it didn't feel right at all...

• Like 1

So, they made a Japanese commercial to announce their pre-order bonus? Sounds good to me, time to go lock down that cat suit and octopus gun.

Also, this pretty much sums up Saints Row 3.

26397120221104649674415.jpg

I need to get hold of a big back of magic mushroom's and watch that video

again. Trippy shit.

I was immensely disappointed with that casting decision. He's voicing a Mexican, for fuck's sake. They couldn't find one Mexican guy who might want to voice a character in Saints Row? Really? Still, Hogan doesn't sound too ridiculous when he's speaking in his normal voice, maybe he didn't go Hulk in the V.O. booth. Or maybe I'll be muting the TV every time Angel shows up in a cutscene.

Hasn't deterred me from buying it, though.

wow, really? maybe he's an american that likes lucho libra wrestling... the wiki states he was unmasked by the leader of the lucha gang, bringing shame to his lifestyle... he now runs with the saints in hopes of getting back at them...

he could be an american... his name is only spanish to appeal to the mexican wrestling crowd... and it means angel of death... either way, i don't really care to be honest... the only thing that would disappoint me about this game is if the last mission is 99% unbeatable like it was in saints row 2... my expectations are high, but i am not over-the-top excited like i was with GTA... i know i'll enjoy it, and that's all i need...

wow, are you kidding me?? that was awesome, even if it was the opening sequence, or one of the first few missions... i saw a ton of improvements in the combat, especially the melee stuff, which looks like picking a style will actually mean something... still no up close driving mechanics, but for only really using the plain pistol, the shooting seemed a little better... but there will always be dumb AI in video games, where the enemy decides to take cover right in front of you... i hope AI never surpasses that or we will have our own "i, robot" on our hands...

this is looking better with every new bit of info or gameplay i see... seriously massacre, you HAVE to get this for the PS3... we're gonna play this online... and if it can take 3 players, you can always count on the dup... he's looking forward to this, and he definitely gets down on some online shit...

I have it pre-ordered for PS3, so unless my PS3 royally pisses me off or gives me, uh, what do you guys get, a yellow light of death? Unless something like that happens, I'll be playing it on PS3. I'll actually get my money's worth out of the console that way.

I will miss my 360 controller's longer battery life, though. I haven't seen my PS3 controller's cord in ages, so I'm using a shorter cord to charge it, though the cord it came with was too short to begin with. If I could just modify a 360 controller to work with a PS3, I'd be on there a lot more often. Hmm...

*Begins tinkering*

i have two remotes... one with dual shock 3(more roughed up, i blame GTAIV) and an original launch controller without the rumble... the latter is the best remote, and when one of them is inactive, it's charging... when one runs out, i make a switch... the only cord you need is a USB-A to B... i like the PS3's universal qualities, like upgrading the hard drive yourself, without voiding the warranty... or using any bluetooth hardware like headsets, keyboards and mice-s(es)... friends of mine have TB drives full of music and movies on theirs...

i've been getting more excited about SRIII from that video you posted, knowing full well that it's an early mission... this game is really going to just say "fuck it", and give you obnoxious scenarios right off the bat...

I believe it's the second mission, actually. I know the game starts with you robbing a bank in a very Saints Row-ridiculous way, but I'm not 100% sure if it's a mission or just a cutscene. It's a mission.

Also, they're talking about this on GameTrailers TV, so watch it if you have Spike, or just find it online in a day or two.

doesn't matter, i know it's early mission mayhem :D... i mean come on, in the first mission you're breaking out of a maximum security prison in the second game... then 5 hours later throwing groupie fans of off a 20 story pavilion, spraying shit on the streets of stillwater, and playing COPS with chainsaws...

EDIT: me no have a spikeTV... TV is not worth my time anymore... internet and netflix give me all the shit i need...