Headshot

Dislikes about GTA 4

Well I was playing GTA 4 today, and as I was wandering around causing all forms of havoc there were a few things that I realized really bothered me. For starters, after you beat the game, and got all of the flying rats....what was there to do? In GTA SA you had a number of mini games and side activities that were more than enough to bring me back to the game. I still play San Andreas quite a bit, even more than four. To be honest I just recently made it a point to mod every possible vehicle in the game in Wheel Arch Angels. But in GTA 4 it was nothing but Brucie's races and the annoying as hell calls from friends and girlfriends. At least in SA you could go to the desolate desert and be left alone by all that, riding around in your car or on your bike just listening to the tunes. Another thing that bothers me about GTA 4 is how they had the mobile phone, but outside of friends and missions you didn't use it much or at all. I saw some cars online that I would have loved to buy, but my dreams were crushed when I dialed the number and got the busy dial tone.

The police in GTA 4 were both smart and rather dumb. For example you could break into a car with no cops for miles and somehow get a one star level, well okay, which guy dialed 911 on his cell phone, I'll kill 'em.

Another thing that really bothered me was how Niko just worked for whomever, I realize he was desperate for cash, but wouldn't it be more lucrative to start his own form of business, or gang of some sort. Which I realize really isn't his style but that happens.

Overall I would really love if GTA V had these issues addressed in some way shape or form, and I'd also like to hear about some other people's dislike about certain aspects of GTA 4.

i'm thinking the same about gtaV + on ps3 in hd it looks very horrible ! gta4 is not a bad game but after playn san andreas where u can do everything gta4 seems to be boring after a wile

so u like the graphics on XBox ? in hd? i never saw it on XBOX ! i played it on an old tv and it was ok but as i played in hd i was crying after 30min because the graphics hurt my eys and i'm not shitting u ......

u sure ? i heared only the ps3 version looks like that and i dont mean only the shadows (OMG) ! yea thats what i'm praying for , i know it will be 10times better than V but if i has just the same graphics i will cry again and i will be very disepointed (or however u spell it :] ) i hope they fixed it a bit ! do u know how red dead redemption looks like i never played it but if it looks better i'm hopefuly

they fix the boring factor , i belive they did , only that u are able to fly planes again will make it 25% better

I found the bike stunting abilities to be quite limited, compared to the earlier games. I have to ride around making stunt points, and more importantly, avoiding those unique stunt jumps which are planned. After 100% twice, there really is not that much to do after game completion except look for decent stunting grounds. I've ran across a few, but it is just very different from the days of VC and SA bike stunting, which were epic. Hopefully the next game will have more stunting opportunities. Bring on GTA V.

yea i'm thinking about buying a ps2 only to play vice city & san andreas again ! what i dont understand is they sayed gtaV was to small 4 planes but i remember that there was a little plane in VC too so wtf

I have no clue why they didn't put planes into GTA 4. And yeah, the bike stunts and unique jumps sucked for 4 as well. The NRG 900 handled like shit too.:\

Seems that R* was not focused too much on the contents of the game, maybe the just focused on amazing graphics, story, and realism, and not the "fun" element in the game.

amazing graphics ???? damn dude u played that game in hd? it was horrible !!! and story was ok but vice city's story was 10times better the only thing was the realism that was amazing but that's not everything ......... dont get me wrong gta4 is a good game too but when u have played vice city and san andreas then gta4 sucks !!

Vice City's story was a Scarface ripoff, plain and simple. It might have been a good story, but it was unoriginal, and nowhere near as good as GTA IV's story. San Andreas' story was shit, let's face it. The Los Santos parts of the story were great, but things got too diluted as you moved on to the other cities. GTA IV was a crime drama worthy of having Martin Scorsese's name on it, and GTA V will be the same, if the old guy ends up being the protagonist.

i dont think that vice city was a ripoff scareface , it's just a story in the 80' in miami(VC) like scarface ! tommy vercetti was 1 of the best protagonist ! san andreas was different but i still like the story with woozie and the truth etc it was very funny2 ! Bellic is a bitch doing everithing 4 a buck a very cold and taff guy but he never learned to say no so he even works 4 a junkiebitch . sry but i dont agree if you say gta 4 is better than VC or SA

and vice city was smaller than gta4 but there was a plane so this cant be the reason ! i need planes !!!! its not just about the story in gta thats only 50% it's about having fun doing things outside the story .........

The worst part of GTA4 was the graphics, and the annoying "relationship" quests. Those things have got to go. Why have a meaningless relationship when you can fuck a ho, kill her and get your money back.

and vice city was smaller than gta4 but there was a plane so this cant be the reason ! i need planes !!!!

Vice City had a small sea plane, they didn't need big stretches of open space for the plane because you could land it on the water, and you couldn't take off again if you landed on the ground.

so why not a sea plane at least , there was enough water around VC ! what can i say u liked gta4 but i think there were not enogh (no) oputunitys (u know wht i mean:] ) lets just hope we will both be happy with gtaV !

Vice City and San Andreas especially are better than IV. IV is just GTA3 with pretty graphics, motorcycles & helicoptors. IV is boring after the story. What I hate about IV? Easier to say what I like...

Graphics

Shooting/ Cover system

Should have been like San Andreas

Well GTA 4 was a good game, I had it on ps3 and then the lost and damned and ballad of gay tony on xbox and tbh the graphics where stunning on both, GTA always sets the bench mark for games and not that many have the same level of graphics when the game was 1st released.

What I didn't like? Niko, Roman and there whole story. I never really felt invested in niko and I wanted Roman to die a lot in the game, in VC we had lance Vance who was the same sort of character, we had to save him every 5 minutes but lance was a likable guy (until the end when he betrayed tommy) and so I for one didn't mind, but with Roman I could care less, i hated the dude.

It was a lot more gritty the storyline which was good but at times felt a bit to real life for me, the way that every decision u make is the wrong one etc. I like escapism I want to feel like I achieved something at the end but i didnt.

As for that stupid part where u have to go and see people and go bowling, it was retarded, I mean its all business, noone was really friends and it just felt dumb. I agree with what someone said about the phone, I watched the shopping channel and wanted to buy the knife on it but guess what, the number didn't work.

Also the fair ground, why go through all the effort of the graphics for it not to be working? POintless.

• Like 1

I think they didn't have planes because of 9/11.

(regardless of what they said)

The Dodo was in GTA3, and I got it flying, even though you weren't supposed to (the buildings and hills would not have been glitchy and hollow otherwise.) You were supposed to fly a Dodo into Love Media building at one point, but that was taken out because of 9/11 and so were all of Darkel's other missions, rat terrorist bastard.

The only things I disliked in GTA4 was the annoying friend missions, taking them for drinks, going bowling, generally kissing their ass. I always had more important, fun things to do, like exterminating pigeons and running away from cops who happened to be PETA members! I got a six star wanted level one time and that particular rampage started with the innocent act of putting a cap in a useless diseased bird's ass.

The reward for getting all those birds down dead was also disappointing. I was suckered into thinking it was an Annihilator with rockets, but no, it was just an ordinary one. :no:

My dislikes:

-Very, very, VERY little character customization

-No car customization

-Pointless to save cars as they were all easily obtainable

-Friends constantly calling you

-Few minigames

-Wanted system, as you said sometimes the cops find you from miles away. They are also generally stupid.

-Car sounds weren't so great, with such advanced technology and quite a majority of game time in cars I thought it would've been better.

-No stealth moves, like slitting throats in San Andreas

-Generic, boring cheats (Only really fun one was super punch in TBOGT)

That's all the major stuff, theres some more minor stuff that doesn't really matter.