To be fair, he was looking at the urban area. We've only begun to see the rural side of the mountains. It's much bigger than I thought it would be too.

I think it's bigger than all of us would've thought. But since it is as massive as it is, I still doubt the urban area will be that tiny, especially since Dan Houser spoke about how he wanted to capture the essence of all the 'sprawling' areas of Los Angeles.

I wrote some things that caught my eye on the picture provided by Treefitty. You can notice that the distance between the Vinewood Hill and the last noticeable mountain is pretty big. Second, you can spot right behind the helicopter blades that there's a weird formation that looks like a town/oil jack pumps or a millitary base. Last but not least, the bushes/trees I circled (kinda) are pretty low quality.

314v4ly.jpg

I'd just like to point out that Bannana Pud = Fail

So if Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTAIV, and SA's maps combined, how big is the countryside exactly? I hope it's not too small. I would like for it to be as big as Los Santos.

Well GI definitely said in their article that a Salton Sea type of area would be included in the game. So just that area itself would be pretty big, encompassing the sea ( which is really a lake ), as well as the wasteland around it, and all the ghost towns, biker bars and abandoned trailer parks ( the place is like Meth Head and Biker Central ). This place will be pretty close to Trevor's Trailer Park home.

So overall just try and imagine most of the areas in Southern California ( or look at the map ). How much of it could be condensed to fit in this area?

Almost certainly not gonna happen and I'm way too lazy to check if anyone has already said this (I suspect they have) But maybe, just maybe, there will be other cities released as DLC?

No, and it was pretty much confirmed by Rockstar when they mentioned they wanted to once city, and to do it properly. Don't know the exact words, but it was pretty much like that.

It would be a huge waste of potential (and money) to make another city just for DLC. I am pretty sure they will save a HD version of SF and LV for another game, a long with VC.

This screenshot probably reveals the most of LS, from the new shots. Some of downtown i recognize already, but it's nice to see the residential houses and mansions lining across the mountainsides in the background.

on-the-outside-looking-in.jpg

The biggest game R* ever made. But we still dont know the real size of the Beast. In GameInformer article they say this map will the base for further evolutions, what? A dlc with more area? A GTA 5.1, 5.2?

This screenshot probably reveals the most of LS, from the new shots. Some of downtown i recognize already, but it's nice to see the residential houses and mansions lining across the mountainsides in the background.

I could be wrong but the city, Los Santos, looks smaller than GTA 4 Liberty City.

I can only access the provided screenshots of the article pages (you know, that imgur gallery) and at least here, there's only one more helicopter screenshot from the harbor.

interesting one I might add, as it shows a structure pretty similar to the Encounter Restaurant aka LAX Theme Buidling (lefthand side under the bridge, some arch-like structure I'd bet my ass on that it's the mentioned building)

anyways, I still feel like the city is small. I gotta admit, the new set of pictures correct my previous impression of smallness of Los Santos, looks bigger than it did initially, but still it feels small to me. Almost every scenic view of the city allows to see from one end to the other (the oil derrick scene gives us a view as far as the marina, the new dam picture allows us to see Ocean Towers).

of course it's hard to judge the real size from these pictures, especially since almost the entire south LS area wasn't shown yet, and what Dan and Aaron said not about the map, but only about LS, makes me hope I'm utterly wrong here, nevertheless I have this impression.

Also, I feel like we've seen much more area of the backdrop than we saw of LS.

Oh well, each and every new information wave makes me feel it's bigger... maybe until the game is released, I'm convinced that LS is not as small as it looks :whistle:

anyways, I tried to put my finger down on some more buildings shown.

I'm totally not sure about the dam. It's architecture is reminiscent of Pacoima Dam north of Burbank, as the prominent power pole in the middle of it is something I haven't seen on any other dam around LA, but the location relative to LS suggests another dam I'm yet to find.

Then, in the helicopter shot Dup linked above, at the far end just slightly left-down of the observatory, there seems to be a big structure in the hills (at least it looks like a single, big building). given how close it looks to the coast, I guess this could be the Getty

The building under the helicopter blades here is tricky. location suggests Greek Theater, but the design doesn't match. nor can I find something with such a design built at the base of a mountain

In the Vinwood sign picture, this structure covered by the helicopter blades, reminds me of a prison with the round shape and walls and towers. There's many prisons north of LA in the deserts but none of them matches the exact shape of this building, altho many have a somewhat round/oval layout. Didn't try military installations yet.

The biggest game R* ever made. But we still dont know the real size of the Beast. In GameInformer article they say this map will the base for further evolutions, what? A dlc with more area? A GTA 5.1, 5.2?

I could be wrong but the city, Los Santos, looks smaller than GTA 4 Liberty City.

Keep in mind that they said that the draw distance has been greatly improved, so you may be thinking that distant objects are closer than they actually are.

I highly doubt the city is smaller than LC, simply because of their talk of trying to capture the 'sprawling' city of LA. Also the map is bigger than GTA IV, RDR and SA's maps combined,so I doubt the urban area would be so tiny in ratio wit the rest of it.

Actually, Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTAIV, and SA combined, that pretty much says it all right there.

I wrote some things that caught my eye on the picture provided by Treefitty. You can notice that the distance between the Vinewood Hill and the last noticeable mountain is pretty big. Second, you can spot right behind the helicopter blades that there's a weird formation that looks like a town/oil jack pumps or a millitary base. Last but not least, the bushes/trees I circled (kinda) are pretty low quality.

314v4ly.jpg

That's just a mansion. Look at those organised trees, it's probably still part of VineWood.

If there is going to be small surrounding towns (like in San Andreas), they will probably be around the size of Bohan (more or less).

But I will be very surprised if the map is as huge as they say it is, they also said there is a lot more interior which imo is better.

The Countryside will probably be the biggest size of the whole map.

Not so fast, dipshit. In case you didn't notice, I only estimated the size of the urban center of the city. Look again - http://i.imgur.com/TXRDf.jpg

I didn't even include the observatory because it's on a mountain. The city area still appears the size I estimated it to be. There's just going to be lots and lots of suburban sprawl in the hills and outer areas.

And I agree with Kuz, you failed quite badly on this Banana Pudding. Not only is the map not smaller than GTA IV, it is actually a lot bigger.

You're as dumb as that bastard above. You're like the retard twins.

Did you really think I was estimating the size of the entire map? It even says "Los Santos city area". ySZ2i.gif

He's mad, someone burp the bitch.

And another thing, you said you were estimating the city of LS not the financial district or the downtown area, The ENTIRE area of LS is known as the city.

Country > State > City

Actually, Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTAIV, and SA combined, that pretty much says it all right there.

314v4ly.jpg

That's just a mansion. Look at those organised trees, it's probably still part of VineWood.

"Military Base? Oil jack pumps? Small Town?" Looks like a prison with survaillance towers on the perimeter wall.

Come on guys, not this shit again. We now know the map is going to be huge no matter how small the city is. That's the thing that matters right? If the rest of the map is huge, then there must be multiple towns spread out across it. We already know that there is a hick-vill, because that's where Trevor is located in the preview GI got.

@UlanBator - Whatever it is it looks very circular.

Ouch, that was quite the snap. From the looks of things you're a very fragile person, so quik to jump at anyone who dare says something you don't like. How about you learn to take a joke and give a joke without getting all burthurt and going on the defense every five seconds. I don't give enough of a fuck to really care about what your opinion of me is, so keep on barking like a bitch if you like.

314v4ly.jpg

"Military Base? Oil jack pumps? Small Town?" Looks like a prison with survaillance towers on the perimeter wall.

Are there any prisons in the hills?

People have been tearing up every bit of info pic news whatever it may be and turning it into crack pot speculation. just chill the fuck out. GI and R* just hooked u all up fat with info AND a new trailer next wensday. go play some gta 4

Not so fast, dipshit. In case you didn't notice, I only estimated the size of the urban center of the city. Look again - http://i.imgur.com/TXRDf.jpg

I didn't even include the observatory because it's on a mountain. The city area still appears the size I estimated it to be. There's just going to be lots and lots of suburban sprawl in the hills and outer areas.

And I agree with Kuz, you failed quite badly on this Banana Pudding. Not only is the map not smaller than GTA IV, it is actually a lot bigger.

You're as dumb as that bastard above. You're like the retard twins.

Did you really think I was estimating the size of the entire map? It even says "Los Santos city area". ySZ2i.gif

Dude. We were estimating the size of the city in order to show that the city was too small and therefore miltiple cities had to be in the game. We were wrong. Fail. Ect.

• Like 1