cmon pud, you know I was aiming at all the magazines that were shown the same game, but state completely different scales...

GI said the map is bigger than RDR SA and IV combined

then jeuxactu came with LS alone was 4-5 times the size of IV

then IGN came with the whole map is 3.5 times the size of RDR and including topography even 5 times that size

now IGN comes with LS is about the size of IV...

I'm totally with:

I wish those proud americans could make up their mind already.

Anyone here have a leaked picture of the map ?

I saw a lot, but they're all fake... :((

uhm... no.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm new here, was wondering if anyone had noticed this?

5x5see.jpg5x5see.jpg[/img]

I've stuck together a full overhead panorama if it's any use, probably not..

2cdy7gp.jpg

I think the desert airport is behind the Bandito, near the satellite dishes:

Note the same sign, possibly the exact same one.

Could be, you can see an airstrip on the bottom right of the overhead shot.

I don't think it's the exact same sign because of the surroundings but it might be the same area.

• Like 1

speaking of the new helicopter screenshots, isn't that Chateau Marmont off the right top of IAA?

182077_10151224897577347_1405725962_n.jpg

Definitely the Chateau Marmont.

Yep, That's it. And to the top left of that screenshot beside the tall white tower, is Rockford hills aka Micheal's house location.

Yep, That's it. And to the top left of that screenshot beside the tall white tower, is Rockford hills aka Micheal's house location.

among the things I pointed out 2 days ago, but seems it got lost between all the picture-laden posts...

nevertheless, you're absolutely right, that's exactly where Michael's house is, in this picture behind what's supposed to be 9200 Sunset (the one with the crane opposite Sierra Towers)

EDIT

downtown-from-the-observatory.jpg

I think the lake in this shot could be R*s take on the Hollywood Reservoir.

at least there's no other body of water worth mentioning in the hills and the vicinity of the observatory.

and - contrary to what IGN writes - I'm sure this is not the same lake we've seen in the first 2 screenshots released which we identified as R*s take on Echo Park, just nothing matches... curvy lakefront, no paved paths right at the water, no houses, just trees and definitely not on more or less at the same elevation as downtown

I think the lake in this shot could be R*s take on the Hollywood Reservoir.

at least there's no other body of water worth mentioning in the hills and the vicinity of the observatory.

and - contrary to what IGN writes - I'm sure this is not the same lake we've seen in the first 2 screenshots released which we identified as R*s take on Echo Park, just nothing matches... curvy lakefront, no paved paths right at the water, no houses, just trees and definitely not on more or less at the same elevation as downtown

Yeah I agree. The one in the first batch of screens was somewhere near those oil pump things on the western eastern hills.

I've stuck together a full overhead panorama if it's any use, probably not..

That's actually pretty good. Welcome to iGTA5, TFT2.

Thanks! I just wish I could get rid of the clouds and then the map would be a bit more understandable.

Its really hard to tell how big los santos in, i cant really scale it correclty, they said the draw distance is a lot longer than gta 4 so it makes it hard to determine.

In the country shots the map looks enormous, but the city looks so small compared to the country side... So, its very confusing to me. Turning verticle feet into horizontal feet doent help because of the angles, and trying to compare iv to v is also similarly incorrect..

From Game Informer's Q&A:

From what you saw, did Los Santos, the city itself (not including mountains/countryside/etc.) appear bigger than GTA IV’s Liberty City?

Los Santos definitely covers more square footage, just as the sprawling Los Angeles metro area does compared to New York City. But just like the real cities, if you’re wondering about the density of the downtown area, Los Santos proper is smaller than Liberty City.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/16/grand-theft-auto-v-reader-q-amp-a.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Aaaand... go.

From what you saw, did Los Santos, the city itself (not including mountains/countryside/etc.) appear bigger than GTA IV’s Liberty City?

Los Santos definitely covers more square footage, just as the sprawling Los Angeles metro area does compared to New York City. But just like the real cities, if you’re wondering about the density of the downtown area, Los Santos proper is smaller than Liberty City.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/16/grand-theft-auto-v-reader-q-amp-a.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Aaaand... go.

Im confused by what that means... Does that mean a whole lot of houses?..

i think it means that the high rise tall skyscrapers are in the centre of the city, and then it has all the normal sized businesses, food places, shops, houses, apartments etc surround the centre of the city,

• Like 1

Means the city covers more ground, but there won't be as much shit stuffed into the city as Liberty City had, and will be more spread out.

Yeah L.A. County itself is like huge, as if 3-4 east coast states combined. But the central city itself is not that big.

Someone once told me look at LA like a doughnut. The hole is the city, but the rest is the county. ( o )

It's spread out so far it's like bigger than CT, MA, RI, and Maine combined.

What everyone seems to be forgetting when their using these screens to guesstimate the size of Los Santos is that r/l LA goes back up and around the mountains where the Hollywood sign is, the San Fernando Valley.

After all, they've only really been showing us the Downtown core and surrounding areas when there could be more to the city they've been holding back on.

Just a thought. :)

Yep the Valley is huge as well. Ventura Blvd. goes like forever.

Also in this thread, excellent job on your maps TreeFitty! They look great.

i don't think it does. the first screenshot you posted shows the whole city of los santos. The game informer q&a stated that the downtown area of los santos is smaller than the downtown area of liberty city, as in just that section of the city. Los Santos is bigger than Liberty City. and GTA V has a bigger map than, GTA IV, Red Dead and San Andreas.

http://www.gameinfor...PostPageIndex=2

Aaaand... go.

I slowly start to feel like R* condemned the magazines to not be precise about the size of the map.

no other explanation for all the different and vague statements

Looking at the desert again:

post-3-0-55786800-1353118455_thumb.png

Pretty sure this is the same old gas station:

post-3-0-20508800-1353118724_thumb.png

The flags are even in the right spot.

This must be just around the corner then right?

Vg003.jpg

If this's the town where Trevor lives, it doesn't seem that far away from Los Santos like suggested in the articles... They made it sound like it was the other side of the map, but it seems like it's just behind the hills and mountains...

Everything I thought I understood about the map has been turned on its head. In this shot you can see the desert prison, the dish array, the desert airstrip(kinda), the desert freeway, and a few of the contours visible from the cardiving scene. Sorry if this is all old news.

hTAJg.jpg?1

I think this means LS is spread over the south of the map and everything else is north of there.

• Like 3