Stoic Person Eater

Walking Dead - AMC Sunday Nights 9PM EST

The season finale was a good episode, not as action packed as some would have liked by good nonetheless.

The only disappointing thing for me was Andrea's death and Merle's in a way, someone like Carol should have died because she is useless, in a way I am glad the Governor survives, he will be back next season with a vengeance

It will be interesting to see where season 4 goes, its only 5 months away.

The show has become tepid. The end of this season didn't leave me on edge wanting more like it did after the first and second seasons. But it didn't have any closure either. It's like they purposely want people to be uninterested in the plot by dragging it out too long. I almost lost interest in the mid season of season 2 when they were on the farm.

I'll still watch the show, of course. But i'm not as hyped about the next season as i would have like to have been...

Small request, can any comic spoilers please proceed with a "[Comic]"

Example...

[Comic]

Just helps those who haven't already read the comic :)

I guess if you were expecting the tv show to be just like the comic, then youd be dissapointed.

Still thought it was a good finale, though the last 10 minutes were pure filler.

Also, further spoilers from the governators comic exploits and why andrea shouldn't have died.

he kills Glenn, like literally fucks him up right infront of maggie

Andreas gets it together with rick and isn't a total pussy, she was actually a pretty chill character

Actually,

He kills Tyrese, not Glen. Tyrese and Carol are together, then he decides to fuck Michonne (Carol later offs herself by walking into a zombie they were keeping around for research), Michonne loses her katana in Woodbury, the Governer recovers it and beheads Tyrese, with Michonne's katana, outside the prison fence.

I've read as far as issue 75, and Glen is still alive and well. He and Maggie are Sophia's adoptive parents.

Ah, excuse me.

[Comic]

It was actually Negan who kills Glenn, literally he fucks him up

Read the comics that long ago that I had a brain fart.

I guess if you were expecting the tv show to be just like the comic, then youd be dissapointed.

Still thought it was a good finale, though the last 10 minutes were pure filler.

I don't expect it to completely follow the comic, lots of comic book stuff wouldn't transition properly, it's just the fact that bits completely don't correspond with the comics, that's my issue. The battle was dissapointing in comparison to the comic battle.

The ending was really anti-climactic in my opinion. I thought it would end in crazy fighting with guts being slashed open and blood flying everywhere.

And I can't believe the governer is still alive, that means this whole human v human thing is gonna drag on until at least the middle of season 4. I would prefer more zombie fighting to be honest.

The show has become tepid. The end of this season didn't leave me on edge wanting more like it did after the first and second seasons. But it didn't have any closure either. It's like they purposely want people to be uninterested in the plot by dragging it out too long. I almost lost interest in the mid season of season 2 when they were on the farm.

I'll still watch the show, of course. But i'm not as hyped about the next season as i would have like to have been...

Same here, I was more excited after the 15th episode with Merle, and was let down with how anti climactic the next (final) episode was.

If anybody's ever seen Chris Hardwick's other talkshow, The Nerdist, his latest episode had Michael Rooker and the creator of the walking dead (his name slipped my mind for some reason). Both seemed to express; very subtly- anger with AMCs changes to the show.

Well, I can understand Robert Kirkman being unhappy. They pretty much butchered the show by

Killing Andrea (one of the most important characters) off, letting the Governor live, and bringing the population of Woodbury back to the prison.

But Michael Rooker? He should just be happy he got to play a character that isn't even in the comic.

What's the point in the series mimicking the events of the comic book series exactly? That would dismantle the sense of suspense and excitement. I get that it's based off of the comic book series, but to be honest I think it's good how they modify it so that it's still new and unseen for everyone, including those who have read the comics.

What's the point in the series mimicking the events of the comic book series exactly? That would dismantle the sense of suspense and excitement. I get that it's based off of the comic book series, but to be honest I think it's good how they modify it so that it's still new and unseen for everyone, including those who have read the comics.

Same here, I was more excited after the 15th episode with Merle, and was let down with how anti climactic the next (final) episode was.

This is why :P

This is why :P

What I said can work both ways. Deviating from the original plot keeps it fresh and new, even to those who read the comics. However it also has the unfortunate potential to make scenes that are boring as fuck.

But once again, what's the point in having the show mimic the series if you already know what happens? Who dies, who lives, who kills who etc...

Speaking of The Walking Dead game...

Did any of you play through it yet? I watched a let's play of it and I can honestly say I enjoyed it more than S3 of the TV show.

Season 1 was about surviving a zombie apocalypse

Season 2 was about finding a girl that was there the whole time, with zombies on the side

Season 3 was about a civil war, with zombies on the side

I'm still waiting for season 3 on netflix. Damn AMC for hardly ever airing re runs. I also need to watch the first half of season 5 of Breaking Bad, but can't do that either.

Speaking of The Walking Dead game...

Did any of you play through it yet? I watched a let's play of it and I can honestly say I enjoyed it more than S3 of the TV show.

I heard the game is terrible, at least the full game. Not the downloadable episodes.

Season 1 was about surviving a zombie apocalypse

Season 2 was about finding a girl that was there the whole time, with zombies on the side

Season 3 was about a civil war, with zombies on the side

The comic has always been about the characters, not the zombies, and that's what I expected from the show.

I did not expect them to butcher the entire series at the end of season 3 and ruin the rest of the show, however. I really don't see things getting better after this.

Not that Survival Instinct crap...

256px-TWD-game-cover.jpg

This^

Also can someone please tell me why it took these bafoons an entire 8 months to find a prison that was literally right up the God damn hill? It's not liked they held up for a while, they were moving the whole time. They apparently were just going in bloody circles.

Been bothering me for some time, feels good to get that off my chest.

Got my topic on this closed. I even searched The Walking Dead and it only showed the game topic. I find that the search does not work well. :/

I find that the search tends to work better when you enclose keywords "in quotes".