Psy

Review The Last Thing You Watched

a couple recents (i forgot about this topic lol)...

007 spectre... ok, thin on plot and story telling, but the action was top notch... craig pretty much carried this movie, the villain was meh...

ant-man... i actually liked this movie, i thought it was funny and cool...

star wars: force awakens... good, peaked my interest for the rest of the series...

straight outta compton... i really liked it, and you have to know who NWA is and was to really appreciate it like i did...

• Like 1

lol I just posted a glowing review for Schitt's Creek and realized I'd already posted about it above. :P

Season 2 of Eugene and Dan Levy's show continues to be brilliant.

• Like 1

Season 2 of Schitts Creek just started in January, you can episodes on CBC as usual. 

I'm in bed sick, binge watching Mr. Robot and liking it very much. 

If you're still sick, see if you can watch some Fargo.

I watched The Hateful Eight for the 2nd time the other day. Not sure why everybody loved it, I thought it was mediocre by Tarantino standards. For a movie so contained, the dialogue is the weakest out of all his movies. Still better than most of the shit Hollywood spits out every year, but I was really disappointed.

• Like 1

yea jizzy, hateful 8 was ok, but i liked it better the first time when it was reservoir dogs... a bit long too, he could of cut out at least 30 minutes of that film... i did like the whole setup and the whodunit caper inside, but it was just too long... and for using the 70mm vista camera, it goes to waste by spending 3 hours inside a building...

meh, it was ok, but i doubt i'll watch it again unless i am drunk and working on some projects and i let it play in the background..

---

i had the opportunity to go see deadpool tonight, but passed... this is the first free evening i've had since sunday, and i got other things to do, like wrapping up a couple graphics jobs and playing some video games... i'll await your review tho, i do still want to see it B)...

It was worth the ten-year wait. This is the motherfucking superhero comedy to end all superhero comedies, although Kick-Ass was the only competition.

This movie is more true to its source material than, perhaps, any comic book movie ever, and, in Deadpool's case, this is important, because he's not a character you can alter or downplay. They didn't shy from fourth wall breaking, nor did they overdo it, and the gore and dialogue more than earned the R rating. The antagonist is obscure, to viewers who aren't comic-savvy, but important to Deadpool's origin. The presence of Colossus, contrary to popular belief, was not to appeal to comic movie fans who may not know Deadpool, but instead is the centerpiece of a well-established Deadpool subplot, and he has some pretty dope action scenes, to boot.

Also, Morena Baccarin is hot.

• Like 1

Hmm, I saw a couple of the previews and seeing this tucked away in the bottom of the comic book movie barrel and with all the attitude and vulgarity felt like it might be shit...

Might check it out now

Batman vs. Superman (Batman v Superman is a dumb name. No one uses "v" instead of "vs." or "versus")

Pretty good. Decent enough story, great action scenes, well-handled character introductions. Still shitty casting for Wonder Woman, nothing is going to change that. But hey, she tried, and she did pretty okay. She's still a fucking bean pole, though. Big shit goes down. Great shit.

7/10 movie, 10/10 ending. Curious about what comes next, but mostly just more hyped for Suicide Squad, thanks to some well-placed Joker references.

• Like 1

Stan Lee's Lucky Man

01-265957.jpg

Story is well woven. Characters are real, flawed, intriguing, and diverse. London is lovingly featured in gorgeous sweeping shots throughout. If you're looking for a new show to watch, check it out. 

I watch it here at Space.ca but don't know if that will work in other countries. Apparently Canada is incredibly stupid about streaming rights and access. 

while i am not all the way thru it yet (5 episodes in), luke cage is pretty damn good... it's the music that hooks me, i ended up youtubing a couple of the acts in his club to hear more from them... but it's a real treat to watch, i really like what marvel does for their netflix series... and the villain, cottonmouth, is played almost as brilliant as coture's luke cage... there's some really solid acting throughout the series so far... i can kinda see where this story is going, but it's really more about the journey here, not the destination...

?/10 highly recommend...

• Like 1

My man and I have finished Jessica Jones and are working our way through Daredevil before we start Luke Cage. As a Marvel fangrl, Netflix has been a real bonus. Jessica Jones' first season ended with a real bang, that was incredible. Rosario Dawson landed a plum role overlapping all these Marvel series.

Started watching Luke Cage, but the lack of good action scenes kind of turned me off because Daredevil is so damned good. Also, can we just show black people on tv without heavy handed anti-racism? I mean, isnt that racist in itself?

Just finished watching all of Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which is at least honestly racist. 9/10 would recommend both those unfamiliar with the series and casual watchers to binge. Really funny, and the development of the characters is interesting enough for a sitcom.

On 10/3/2016 at 9:43 AM, gtagrl said:

My man and I have finished Jessica Jones and are working our way through Daredevil before we start Luke Cage. As a Marvel fangrl, Netflix has been a real bonus. Jessica Jones' first season ended with a real bang, that was incredible. Rosario Dawson landed a plum role overlapping all these Marvel series.

You should have watched Daredevil season 1 first before Jessica Jones.... if you wanted to go in order ;)