Bronson

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer #3

Yep, told ya he'd make an appearance... bet R* are jizzing their pants at us jizzing ours. They really want my money. Made a few notes in the map topic, fake map now looks real.

yea we figured it was after the last trailer...

i'm not jizzin', it's just a trailer lol... it does looks gorgeous tho, i can't wait to explore that map...

tomorrow IGN will have an article up...

So from the look Arthur gives John I get the impression there might be some sort of resentment between them, i'm guessing Dutch will betray/frame Arthur who forms his own gang. Hence Dutch's "stay with me." He always was paranoid.

Great looking trailer! We should get more gameplay stuff closer to release. In the meantime, I look forward to our map-freaks breaking it all down. 

• Like 1

The fun is kind of taken out of it when we know what the map looks like, though. GTAV we had nothing and we were laying out streets and lining up landmarks to get an idea of what the map looked like.

50 screencaps for anyone that cares: http://www.ireddead.com/images/cat-screencaps/

• Like 5

I have a theory as to how they'll write in why Arthur is never mentioned by John.

He is romantically involved with Abigail. John resents him for it. In RDR, Dutch taunts John by saying Abigail used to sleep with the whole gang. In the trailer, Abigail is talking about somebody never changing. Perhaps before she ran off with John, Abigail had feelings for Arthur, but Arthur had no ambitions of opening a farm in beechers hope and settling down... John has similar ambitions. They reveal this to each other, and after the failed boat robbery run away together. John is never excited to talk about somebody else working his wife again.

I think I have the scene with John subdued with Arthur looking on figured out. John gets captured earlier, and dutch gets holed up in the building Arthur and Dutch are seen in, across from where John is being held by what we think is a lawman. He starts cutting Johns face (hence his scars) demanding Arthur and Dutch come out. Dutch is saying things like "remain strong" and to let him die. Arthur's face watching john is of conflict, deciding whether to follow Dutch's orders or rescue John, and obviously choose John, betraying Dutch...

17 hours ago, Jizzy said:

In the trailer, Abigail is talking about somebody never changing.

I had to go back and look at her. They are similar but I don't think that's Abigail. She is dressed a little too decent to be a prostitute (lack of cleavage, mainly :baby: ). Also if it was Abigail, I would think the previews would have mentioned her. I think it was the IGN article (or the only english one) that pointed out a lot of the gang members and what their basic story is. No mention of Abigail.

Yeah I saw no resemblance to Abigail - like you say she's dressed too well. They say she was a whore, but was she a member of the gang who was just whorish, or was she a whore who later joined the gang.

I thought John was pretty loyal to the gang, I see him being the one to kill Arthur or at least force him into exile. As for Abigail it says on the wiki she was born in 1877 and fell pregnant with Jack at the age of 18, which would be around 1895 so she should definitely be around and married to John during the events of the game.

(Saying that if she's caring for a baby she probably won't be riding on many bank robberies with the gang.)

Edited by ViceMan

To me that woman looks more Hispanic and she has brown eyes not blue. But yes they do look similar, wouldn't be the first time R* has retconned something.

Lighting perhaps? And retconning eye color is very minor, compared to their former continuity problems. Brucie is like a different person in TBOGT than in 4, goes from peak human fitness to pale and like almost pudgy, just to contrast him with Mori. Maybe they wanted her to contrast from Sadie?

Edited by Jizzy

Personally I think her lines in the trailer aren't being directed at Arthur or Marston. I bet it's from a cutscene involving someone else entirely. Maybe a character we haven't seen yet. Trailers for games/movies/tv/etc like throwing in random things like that to get people speculating about it and kind of throw us off.