CaPn bOnEs

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I think it's better than W2, but the combat becomes a bit repetitive. I don't mind it though, the rest of the game makes up for it. I just wish it had a first person veiw like Elder Scrolls, then it would be perfect.

Basically, what those guys said... 

It's been a while since I played Fable 2 but the combat reminds me of that...  I like it, mainly because it is quite simple... if you avoid button mashing, it can be quite fun...

I'm an explorer, collector, crafter type player and this more than fulfills that side of things... only problem is I have only used about 20% of the things I've crafted...  huge maps, thousands of items, hundreds of crafting diagrams but NOWHERE TO STORE THE SHIT YOU MAKE!!!!!  That is my biggest problem - I have about 5 different suits of armour and 25 swords that I want to keep but they take up inventory room...    I think you can just drop shit anywhere and pick it up later but my stoner brain means I lose a lot of shit...

Movement and collisions are sometimes shoddy but only a small distraction...

My major issue with the game is the load times after dying - I can fuck my mrs, smoke a cigarette and make a sandwich before it reloads...  And fuck falling, do not fall off anything over a metre because you are likely to die...  

The story is very good... but fuck Gwent...

Massacre, that who I was going to go with...  mainly because I want

to fuck every chick possible in this game, and she seems real feisty...  

.   Please tell me that is possible...

Edited by Ginginho
  • Like 2

I never target enemies when battling more than one...  don't forget to use Igni to slow them down and try to use the dodge button rather than roll...  it saves stamina, which means your magic charges quicker, and you usually end up behind them... they take more damage if they get hit from behind 

I might return this game because I don't have the patience to wait an hour for the game to load, and then ride for another 2 hours to fight a boss I've been fighting since yesterday. Fuck the devs for being too fucking retarded to put a checkpoint system in. 

Finally, finally finished this game....

My ending...

Ciri lived and became a witcher... The Redanians took over the North... Cerys ruled in Skellige... and Geralt and Yen lived happily ever after... there might be more consequences but I can't remember them

I still have 64 question marks to visit in Skellige but most of them are underwater so I am in no hurry to do that...

Might try and get a heist or 2 done now...  keep an eye out for me in San Andreas if you are having trouble sleeping....

Somewhere to stash stuff...  :D   A new chest icon appears on the map and you can access your stash from any of those points... I ended up with all the full sets of mastercrafted Witcher gear which I couldn't have carried without the stash points....

I was so busy with roaming and collecting that the story became disjointed and I lost track of what was happening, which spoilt the flow but I loved it overall...

• Like 1

I'm currently level 21 in the game and just hit Skellige. I've done almost everything there is to do in Valen and Novigrad. My build is heavily sign focused, Quen is pretty much OP right now. I think an alchemy build would be good, I love the idea of having to prepare for a battle to maximize my chances of winning. Although right now I run in with Quen, drop a Yrden and I'm good.

Might take a while off the game though, getting a bit repetitive and overwhelming for my methodical play style!

I'm a massive fan of Gwent by the way. My Northern Realms card collection is pretty solid, and I have a few good tactics to beat my opponents. E.g. Biting frost, play a series of close combat cards, watch my opponent pass the round after they think they've beaten me. Then use my leader ability to clear the weather and win the round!

As always. Late to the party. Borrowed this off a mate Friday night and I'm loving it. Level 6 just gone to velen and the only gripe I have is loading time after dying. It would be quicker to just quit and reload. Other than that good game. Should tide me over till horizon zero dawn is more affordable 

I am replaying this.  Started a New Game + which keeps most of your gear and stats from your previous play through - I started at Level 36 and all the low level enemies are around 38-42.  I've got both DLC's to play which I never did first time around.   This is going to take me forever...

Thought about it and decided not to bother... I am still working my way through Blood and Wine so I have enough Gwent to keep myself busy with in the meantime...  

The Witcher 3 is slowly moving up my all-time games list.  I think I like it better than Fallout 4 although it still has some way to go before touching Fallout 3 or GTA:SA...  The DLC packs were awesome...

• Like 1

Gwent was the bane of my existence. I wasn't interested in it, and assumed it would be a an inconsequential minigame that would never come up in the story after the tutorial, so I never bought any cards, never tried to learn the game, and never gave it a second thought.

Lo and behold, it continued to pop up over and over again, fucking up my playthrough in small but infuriating ways. 

maybe i'll try to play this game again in the summer... at some point i lost interest in it, despite liking it... i too was hoping gwent wouldn't be crucial to the game because while it's actually a pretty solid card game, i just didn't want to waste my time in this game playing a side game...