CaPn bOnEs

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

got the game last night... I don't think the game is that ground breaking,,l certainly not worth a ten out of ten, based on what I saw.

the gameplay mechanics and controls are a little clunky, I prefered rdr's horse riding for instance..

also, the interior are really low res considering the rest of the scenery.

The voice acting was really good, however.

I've only place for about an hour and a half so far though....

yea, it takes about 6-8 hours to really get into it... makes sense considering that they claim there's over 200 hours of stuff to do... but it takes a while to get used to how to play this game... they're not exactly holding your hand like most games... i think the graphics look pretty damn good for an open world RPG, kind of impressed at the details... i like the trees swaying in the wind when a storm approaches... the voice acting is good, but geralt's voice is starting to wear thin on me... it's like a raspy nasaled voice :lol:...very monotone... and the horse is merely just a point A to point B thing... i tend to walk around a lot, only use the horse to travel in between locations not yet discovered...

make sure you buy the saddle bags when you get the chance, i played too many hours with limited inventory space and regret not getting one sooner... i dropped a lot of sellable loot because i needed the space... but now i'm up over 1700 crowns... i might actually buy something decent if i every run across anything better than what i already have :lol:...

also, where is a brothel??

RE: Geralt's voice: He speaks in monotone because the Witcher mutations strip them of their emotions. There are romance options, though, so apparently he can still feel love. I don't really understand that. I think they're okay with a few plot holes, as long as they get to squeeze a little more nudity into the game. There's a shit load of it.

I don't think so. Haven't gotten into any of the romance stuff, but there are separate options that are just sex, and they don't interfere with romances in any way. They wouldn't make that distinction if the endgame was the same for both options.

You spend the majority of the game alone, so I haven't spoken to the romance options much, but there's a sex-only option shortly after the prologue, and she was a lot cooler than either romance option, based on what little interaction I've had with the others.

I guess all the nudity is standard fare for M-rated games nowadays, but I've read on /vg/ that it's virtually nonexistent, compared to Witcher II. I can't imagine how gratuitous it must have been. Not that I have an issue with nudity in games, but I get annoyed with anything that feels like it was shoehorned in for no real reason.

I'm enjoying the exploration so far... I've been chased by something huge, way above my level, i've been raped by drowners whilst looting sunken treasures, and i've seen plenty of titties. This is my type of game!

• Like 2

Anyone done the task Jenny o' the Wood?  I need help killing the monster... 

The level of crafting is way too much for me because I feel like I have to collect and craft everything, but it's just not possible... I hope there are enhanced saddlebags because I fill up my inventory so quickly...  And all the cool stuff I do craft is beyond my level... I try to make loot dumps but then forget where I leave them...  

Just about at level 8 and exploring Velen at the moment, trying to stay away from the main quest and areas I get overpowered in...  

Any favourite weapons, signs or potions yet?  One of my favourites is lobbing a dragon's breath (I think that's what it's called) bomb into a bunch of drowners, then igni'ing them to hell... 

Edited by Ginginho

To deal with Jenny, throw down Yrden, and do what you can, while it's in effect. You have to keep her inside Yrden's circle, or she won't take damage. The wraiths she summons can be killed normally, without Yrden.

I cant seem to beat the ole griffon..... I can't figure out the controls for shit. So I keep tapping  triangle square triangle triangle like i'm playing 1996 mortal combat.

Once you've shot it down with your crossbow, hit it with Igni, to stun it. Get as many hits in as you can. That early in the game, you likely don't have a lot of perks, so use strong attacks (triangle).

Thanks for the advice Massacre...  

Throw some circles into your button mashing, Q... 

Once it's on the ground, stun it with a spell, igni or aard, hit it a couple of times then dodge step to the side, rinse and repeat...

I was helping the Bloody Baron but that line went dry...  Does anyone know if I have to

beat him at gwent

to continue that path... I have already

found his daughter and told him about it...

I got killed by a big fucking tree today... 

Edited by Ginginho

Pretty sure there's never a time that you have to win a game of gwent, unless it's strictly a gwent quest. Fuck that shit, anyway. I'm not wasting time running all around the map buying cards for a pub game that isn't fun to begin with.

• Like 1

for the baron;

i found his wife first, and after that, i didn't have to find his daughter... he, however, wants to go get her back, and that means go after the 3 witches in the bog... i don't like where this is headed lol

I went the other way, Bones...  if you want more information before making that decision, read a random book you pick up called She Who Knows... but like you say, it doesn't feel like I've made the right choice as yet...  

Didn't need to play gwent, just carry on through the story quests...  so much to do, so little time...

Onward to Novigrad... maybe...  Been to Skellige yet?  That map looks as big as the rest put together, albeit with a lot more water....

That's a lot of effort. I'd have to take a metric fuckton of screenshots, then figure out how to locate my PS4 screenshots on PlayStation's site. That last part alone sounds exhausting.

i'll share some pics when i get there, gtagrl... i've mostly just been sharing my screengrabs on twitter since it's easier to just upload them there on the fly... but i should drop some in my photobucket account and share em here, maybe later today ;)...

• Like 1

Coolio...I'm currently taking a break from GTA and have been riding my Nord hard lately on old-gen, so the Skyrim reference piqued my curiosity.

No internet, so like Gtagrl I've been spending time with my Nord. Really want this game. I finally in my old age can play an RPG without wishing I was doing something else. RPGs are an age thing, I guess. This as good as the interweb says?